Old 07-07-2008, 08:31 PM   #16  
Waiting on a hot body

S/C/G: 165/153/135

Height: 5'7"

Though I am just starting this journey, I read in many weight loss/toning books that you will always hit a plateau every now and again. They suggest eating a restricted calorie diet and one day a week (their example was Sunday), eat more. They say to cheat (A LITTLE) one day/week to keep your metabolism boosted.
MalibuBeachBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 09:14 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 154/148.6/119

Height: 5'6"

Zig zagging is also a great thing to do. You go high on Monday, low on Tuesday, etc. so that at the end of the week, you've eaten your 14,000 calories or whatever you're aiming for.

I start looking at food as laps around the track, and I know that a slice of cheesecake is four miles, a cup of Ben and Jerry's is three, and so on. If I'm willing to do the work, the food becomes a non-issue. Interestingly enough, the more I work out, the cleaner my food tends to be because my body isn't calling for the junk and I'm not in crash and burn mode.

Here's to smelly socks, sweaty sports bras, and a pocketful of ponytail holders and bobby pins.
AnAbsoluteDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 09:26 PM   #18  
Waiting on a hot body

S/C/G: 165/153/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnAbsoluteDiva View Post
Zig zagging is also a great thing to do. You go high on Monday, low on Tuesday, etc. so that at the end of the week, you've eaten your 14,000 calories or whatever you're aiming for.

I start looking at food as laps around the track, and I know that a slice of cheesecake is four miles, a cup of Ben and Jerry's is three, and so on. If I'm willing to do the work, the food becomes a non-issue. Interestingly enough, the more I work out, the cleaner my food tends to be because my body isn't calling for the junk and I'm not in crash and burn mode.

Here's to smelly socks, sweaty sports bras, and a pocketful of ponytail holders and bobby pins.
Wow, what a good way to look at it, especially because I love running. That is an awesome Idea. So if I want some ice cream... I'll make sure to run 1.5-2 miles (140 calories). Nice!
MalibuBeachBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 07:13 AM   #19  
~*Dawn*~

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

Thanks for all of the ideas and suggestions. I'm happy to say that I worked out on the trampoline last night for about 30 minutes and ate 1100 calories yesterday, this morning I'm at 198!!!!! Not sure what did it but I'm excited lol
DMNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 07:53 AM   #20  

Dawn,

I dropped two pounds in my sleep. Up four a few days ago, down two today. It's crazy, but honestly, you just can't let it rattle you.

When I look at my food on fitday and check the weight against it, I'll see that on the days following fish, I show a weight gain. Obviously, it isn't fat. No way you are eating a SURPLUS of 3500 calories in one day. It's the naturally-occurring sodium in fish that does it.

The thirty minutes on the trampoline will show the weight loss because you are SWEATING. It's water. Fat comes off and goes on strictly due to numbers.

Again, lay off the scale and sweat your butt off. In the end, you'll reach final destination. May as well enjoy the journey.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:19 AM   #21  
~*Dawn*~

Diva- I know you keep saying lay off the scale but honestly I like keeping track on my sparks page and google calendar so I don't want to stop with the scale. I like to come here for advice and to vent when the scale doesn't move but I still like my scale lol
Old 07-08-2008, 10:17 AM   #22  

I hear ya, Dawn. I know you like the scale and I personally have a date with mine every morning. But it's stressing you out so much, and I can't tell you how many times I've seen women throw in the towel because the scale keeps spewing evil things at them.

That's my only concern in your case. I sense it sometimes depresses you and that is just a step or two away from giving up.

If you can learn to laugh at it a bit, and not let it be the true indicator of all you've done and all you'll continue to do, then you'll be all set.

But if you allow that to sabotage you, then I'd advise you to get rid of it. Make sense? Not trying to deflate you at all, Dawn. Just trying to help you put the whole thing in perspective.

*wink*
Old 07-08-2008, 10:23 AM   #23  
~*Dawn*~

Oh its frustrating but I'm not giving up this time... my husband told me I look SOOOOO good :O That was enough motivation to keep me going lol
Old 07-08-2008, 10:26 AM   #24  

Well then there you go, girl!

Don't you dare give up. Don't you dare!!! And don't get ******ed and start cutting back calories so that you're on a celery and ice water diet. I will kick your butt!!!

It's going to be fine, darling. It really is. You have to believe it if you are to achieve it!!!