Old 07-23-2008, 05:49 PM   #16  

Hi everyone,
I have been lurking and peeking at the posts over here for a while. I am a WW pro.. but I am just burned out I think. I am a big fan of Jillian Michaels, and she promotes calorie counting. I thought maybe doing both in conjunction with each other.
I wonder do you guys track anything else, besides the calories? (ie. Fat, Fiber, protein ?) or just calories?
Thanks so much!
~tracie
Justcallmetracie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 06:36 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 230/211/165

Height: 5'5"

Default ratios

I have asked on the SB board what the healthy ratios should be but I never got an answer. Maybe some one here will know.It seems like the protein and carbs are about the same because I eat a fair amount of beans now in my diet.
hereicome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:02 PM   #18  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi Tracie! If you check out Jillian's first book Winning By Losing there is a list of questions that determine the best ratio of Carbs/Protein/Fat for you. For me it turns out 40/30/30 works for me. It wasn't too far off what I was doing already - I pretty much cut out a few carbs and upped my protein a little. I don't really track fiber - but I try to concentrate on whole foods and eat tons of veggies. Everything seems to be "coming out" ok.
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:24 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Keeping in mind that I just really ramped up my weight lifting again... I am working on increasing my protein and maintaining a 40/35/25 ratio. That's 45% carbs, 35% protein, and 25% fats.

I get fairly close most days but rarely ever perfect. I tend to eat more fats than I should (always healthy fats, but even so). Today I was 48/29/21 ... mostly cause I had sushi for dinner and the rice ups the carbs nicely.

Edited to say: This is on a 1500 cal a day limit. And I range between about 1380 and 1600, just depending on the day.

Last edited by PhotoChick; 07-23-2008 at 09:25 PM.
PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote