Old 03-20-2008, 11:54 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 342.4/288.4/160.33338

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87 View Post
and lost hair by the handful in the shower.
OMG! I didn't even realize this until I saw your post. But in the past six weeks or so, since I have started eating healthy and keeping an eye on nutriants, I am not loosing alot of hair in the shower. I remember some days I would wonder why I wasn't bald becuase so much hair was coming out in the shower. I guess thats another reason to never wanna go back to my old McDonalds and Pizza Hut diet.
As far as fats go, I am trying to keep mine around 23% of my daily intake. No evil transfat's and I keep the saturated as low as I can. But with the kinds of food's I am eating now, it isn't too tough to keep that low. My cholesterol intake has also been low. I go in about a month to have blood work and get all that tested. About a year ago my bad cholesterol and trigylcerides (sp) were in the 'High Normal' range and my good cholesterol was low. I really think there will be some improvement, my body seems to be rewarding me for my efforts.
candogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 12:03 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 157/140/135

Height: 5'4"

I don't count it up, but try to be conscious of not including high-fat foods in my diet too often. I'll use olive oil to saute my veggies, for example, but just one or two turns around the pan; I'll use no-sugar-added fruit spread on my toast instead of butter; and if I want an omelet I'll use two eggs' worth of Egg Beaters plus one whole egg to cut down on fat and calories. When I lost the bulk of my weight at age 41 - 11 years ago now - I lost over 50 lbs. by following Susan Powter's "Stop the Insanity" program, which is very low fat, and I don't remember losing any hair. I just remember how much better I looked and felt, and that the weight came off steadily with no plateaus. I kept most of that weight off for a number of years, but now that I am going into menopause, I find that my metabolism has slowed such that I need to do something specific - cutting calories and exercising - to get 10 or 15 pounds off that has crept back on.
Thinfor5Minutes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 12:32 PM   #18  

Height: 5' 8"

I don't really worry about the grams but I use FitDay to calculate the percentage of my calories that come from fats. Oddly enough, I've discovered that I will actually lose more steadily and have fewer of those "up" fluctuations on the scale if I keep the percentage from fats just a little higher than carbs an proteins. I do make sure that I have zero trans fats and that saturated fats never go over 10% of my total calories but, lucky me, I eat avocados once or twice a week and keep a bag of raw almonds or walnuts in my desk for "emergencies".
yoyonomoreinvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 01:04 PM   #19  
Mini-Goal #1: 160 by 4/14

S/C/G: 185-ish/ticker/150

Height: 5'6

This morning my breakfast was 363cal/6g of fat....it's been about 200cal/3g of fat. I agree with the posts that I may not be eating enough fats (20ish grams) but I feel like I just way overindulged this morning. I'm definately not stuffed, but as I was preparing my breakfast, I kept thinking...wow - this is a TON of food!!!

1/2 cup REAL oatmeal
1/2 cup pumpkin
1/4 cup soymilk
1 slice low-cal whole wheat toast w/ half of a laughing cow wedge
Coffee w/ 3 tbs FF creamer

Does that seem like too much?? Or am I crazy?? I sometimes feel like when I make something with several different ingredients (instead of just eating plain oatmeal), it makes me think that I'm eating too much....that's kinda weird I guess
sweettart08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 01:20 PM   #20  

Sounds like a pretty decent breakfast to me. You will probably compensate later in the day by eating a bit less at your other meals. Some days I wake up ravenous and just have to have a hearty breakfast. Other days, I don't feel like eating much at all, and have a bit more at lunch when I really am hungry. This morning, all I had was a whole grain English muffin for 140 calories plus 3/4 c. orange juice. I just didn't want more. Another day, I might have a feta and spinach omelet with that muffin, and have a smaller lunch instead.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:29 PM   #21  

I just feel like I am eating SO much food just to reach 1100-1200 calories. I feel like I did nothing but eat yesterday and I was at 1140cal/21g of fat at the end of the day. I guess I just need to get used to the fact that by eating healthy...I can actually EAT!!

Thanks for the response
Old 03-20-2008, 04:57 PM   #22  

I have no problem getting to - and beyond - 1200 calories, LOL! My problem is keeping the count down...which is why journaling my food intake is so valuable to me. It's easy to eat more than you mean to when you don't write it down.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:19 PM   #23  

If I wasn't counting/logging my food...I'd get to 1200 and beyond....EASY! I think because I am logging it, and thinking ahead to the rest of my meals for the day (and wanting to be able to eat them!), I'm making extremely low-cal/low-fat choices....maybe even too low-cal/low-fat. I usually get there with my calories, but not so much with fat. For lunch today, I had pasta salad lightly dressed in olive oil, so I'm already at 24 grams...I guess that's a good thing???? This is taking some getting used to, but I definitely love that I'm doing it