3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   Calorie Counters Chat-March 2007! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/105972-calorie-counters-chat-march-2007-a.html)

rai 03-08-2007 09:46 AM

Calories for Wednesday: 1081
Fat: 21g (19%)
Carbs: 169g (58% )
Fiber: 28g
Protein: 57g (23%)

A little low on calories on fiber, but hey the weekend is coming up so I know it will all balance out. Trying to keep it clean and low because my friend is having a b'day party at ESPN Zone this Saturday.

Guess what???!!! MY INTRAMURAL BASKETBALL TEAM WON THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!! It was a close game and it went into over time. We ended up winning by one point. Great game, and I was so happy because my husband played on the team with me.

Chloeone, what grad school do you go to? What are you studying? I am in grad school at Northwestern University studying civil engineering. Are you going for your Masters or PhD?

Robin, good job of taking back control. What helped you get back on track? There's nothing to it but to do it. It's okay to have a few off days. Remember when you are calorie counting it will all eventually balance out.

Has anyone heard of Whirlyball? My husband is planning my 27th b'day party at a Whiryball place.

Lot of work to do today. So I won't be on again until tomorrow or later on tonight. Have a great day ladies.

Oh yeah, I got my first weight loss compliment yesterday from someone other than my husband! I was told that my curves are looking good and they can tell I've been working out. Yeah!

alinnell 03-08-2007 09:52 AM

Robin, you're doing great! Those few days of indulgence may have brought on the cravings, but you're getting back on track. Good for you!

Yesterday:
Calories 1415 (not too bad considering the wine I drank)
Fat 22%
Carbs 37%
Protein 21%
Alcohol 21%

Today, salads for lunch and dinner. My weight is going down, but still not at ticker weight. I should be there tomorrow. Then the goal is to keep it down all weekend. What shall I plan to do to insure that? Hmmmm, stay away from home at lunch (DH likes fast food). I guess that means I'll have to go SHOPPING!!! I need to anyway, next weekend is our annual birthday bash and I need to buy 8 or 10 birthday cards.

Have a great day everyone!

syncrosweetie88 03-08-2007 10:25 AM

good morning!

rai- congratulations on winning your basketball championship!! awesome job! also congrats on getting your first weight loss compliment; i LOVE getting those haha.

robin- also good job for keeping yourself from losing control and going further downhill. its so hard to not just give up once you've broken your diet, but you managed to pull through and get back on track, which is somethng to be proud of even if you dont end up losing weight this week.

i weighed myself this morning and i was surprised to find lost 2 lbs! :) hopefully this loss will continue...

lfweens 03-08-2007 11:29 AM

Rai-Whirlyball is great fun! You break into teams then ride around in bumper cars while passing a small ball in a "mini-lacrosse stick type, hand held thing." You try to score on the other team while slamming into eachother in the bumper cars.....you'll have a good time.

As you guys know, I am still new at this so I have a lot of questions.

Does anyone count calories on a weekly total or do most of you go by a daily number? Also, how many times a week do you weigh? I can't look at that scale anymore, it's like watching water boil. I was thinking about weighing once a week.

Thanks.

alinnell 03-08-2007 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lfweens (Post 1602613)
Rai-Whirlyball is great fun! You break into teams then ride around in bumper cars while passing a small ball in a "mini-lacrosse stick type, hand held thing." You try to score on the other team while slamming into eachother in the bumper cars.....you'll have a good time.

As you guys know, I am still new at this so I have a lot of questions.

Does anyone count calories on a weekly total or do most of you go by a daily number? Also, how many times a week do you weigh? I can't look at that scale anymore, it's like watching water boil. I was thinking about weighing once a week.

Thanks.

Daily calorie totals for me and also I'm a daily weigher, but you'll find that a lot of people rely more on the weekly weight reading.

jubee72 03-08-2007 12:19 PM

Well another day . I am happy to report i am back down to 210 since getting back from holidays. It was hard getting back into the counting . Went over last night (couldnt say no to the wine) but i have been right on the numbers for the start of the week . I have been eating a lot of smart ones frozen lunches but i need to switch , any good lunch ideas out there( that are easy to take to work?) Hope everyone has a great day!!

zenor77 03-08-2007 12:23 PM

I'm relatively new here, so "Hi" everyone.

Calories for Wednesday: 1535
That's a little higher than I'd like, but not too far off. I'm trying to stay inbetween 1400 and 1500 per day.

I did take our puppy for a walk last night. It wasn't my usual mile and a half walk, but something is better than nothing.

I too weight myself everyday (mainly to keep focused), but I don't expect to see any progress until the weekends. For me weight loss usually shows on the scale on either Friday or Saturday morning.

zenor77 03-08-2007 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jubee72 (Post 1602689)
Well another day . I am happy to report i am back down to 210 since getting back from holidays. It was hard getting back into the counting . Went over last night (couldnt say no to the wine) but i have been right on the numbers for the start of the week . I have been eating a lot of smart ones frozen lunches but i need to switch , any good lunch ideas out there( that are easy to take to work?) Hope everyone has a great day!!

Hi Jubee72! Great job on getting back to where you were before the holidays!

I usually try to make enough dinner the night before to take for lunch, but on the days I don't I like to make low-cal wraps with La Tortilla tortillas. I'm sure others have posted about these. They are only 50 cals for the small ones and 80 cals for the big ones. I'll stuff them with turkey, veggies, and a little non-fat mayo. I also like to bake corn tortillas and break them up for "chips".

AnAbsoluteDiva 03-08-2007 12:31 PM

Raj, I do believe you will be taking Chi Town by storm come summer. Heading out there soon to see my parents... would love to meet you!

Miz Claudia ;-)... weather man says we're hitting 50 soon. That means I'm hitting NYC soon. I'll let you know when...

Yesterday's calories were 1455.

Lfweens, I'm a big believer in the zig zag method of calorie counting. One day higher, next day lower. It's the only way I can enjoy ALL the foods I like... cheesecake, merlot, M&Ms, junk like that. At the end of the week, as long as I'm under 8400 calories, it's been good. I also noticed that if my calories were higher on Monday, I'd run better on Tuesday. Yet another reason to zig zag.

Yesterday I met a friend for drinks at a local restaurant and it was hot in there. I took off my sweater and exposed my arms and he said, and I quote, "wow... you have great delts". Damn, girls! This stuff really pays off.

So, of course, I didn't FULLY believe him (because men say ANYTHING to score points) but when I got home (ALONE) and stood in front of my mirror with my shirt off, I could SEE the tricep (horseshoe) muscle and yep... the delts are fly!

I am so, so happy, guys. All that hard work is paying off, but again I say, I'm not going through this ever again. Once I get this fat off, I'm sticking with my calorie counting and I'm sticking with my training. It's easier to maintain than it is to abstain.

rockinrobin 03-08-2007 12:50 PM

Yes, I am feeling sooo much better today. I just kinds STOPPED and thought about what I was doing. And realized I hated what I was doing. I wanted to go back to the NEW me, not the OLD me. I still have soo much weight to lose and I don't want that to stop. It's much more important to me then any of this stupid food that's around me. I just needed time to rethink and refocus. I'm sure it will happen over and over and over again. It's an ongoing, never ending process.

lfweens, I used to weigh every day and drive myself crazy. Then I switched to once a week. But the truth of the matter is I am back to once a day, in the morning before my shower. I only record it though on Mondays. This helps to keep me more sane when I see fluctuations during the week. I count calories on a daily basis. I usually am higher on the weekends though. Every day is not the exact amount for me. I also kinda zig zag.

Jubee, I'm glad you're back down to 210. For lunch how about a big salad with a cut up grilled chicken cutlet. Or a small can of tuna in water, with some multi grain rice cakes and some cut up veggies, like cucumber spears or red pepper strips.

Now Diva, do you really think a guy would like about your delts? Other things maybe, but your delts? Anyway, I am glad you are so happy. You sound great. It's good to hear you that way again.

athenac 03-08-2007 12:55 PM

Morning all.

I went a little overboard yesterday. I was ravenous (thanks PMS) and needed to eat anything salty and then topped it off with chocolate. Today I'm fine, but I'm fighting a lot of stress right now. I have so much to get done before Friday (papers, readings, blah), and I'm freaking out that I won't get it done. However, I will not resort to food but just lots of coffee.

Have a good day everyone.

AnAbsoluteDiva 03-08-2007 01:03 PM

Robin,

From the waist up, I am a Volkswagon Luv Bug. From the wasit down, I am a Mack Truck. It's the Spanish thing. Think J-Lo. I had this butt before she even splashed on the scene with hers. LOL

I weigh myself DAILY and record it DAILY. I even record the times on my spreadsheet. When I see a number stick three consecutive days, I know that's my true weight. You can weigh daily IF psychologically you can deal with the fluctuations. I love doing it this way. I can see numbers go up, look at FitDay for the previous day, and see the correlation between sodium intake and weight gain. It's all water.

If I didn't look at it every day, I wouldn't see the pattern and then I would get bummed out. I "stuck" at 140.5 for five whole weeks in January. It was crazy. Then I gave up the deli meat (turkey) and voila... dropped to 135 and held it.

I also log how much water I take in. Anything under 42 ounces for the day and the number stays up there. Throw me at the half-gallon mark, and I'm flushing all that sodium out. Either that, or I'm burning extra calories running to the potty every hour.

So as anti-scale as I was, I learned how to use it as an informational tool and now it has become my best friend.

As for that horrible feeling of failure that you're feeling, Robin, I can totally relate. Not in the food department but in the smoking department. It is a feeling of guilt, worry, shame, confusion, defeat, powerlessness, failure, and all it does is lend itself to a gloomy feeling of self-defeat. It is a constant struggle for me to not throw the baby out with the bath water. But my mom keeps reminding me that the harder the struggle, the greater the reward. And I keep hanging on to that. Because come **** or high water, this is the year I lick that demon forever, and this is your year too. In the meantime, we keep falling off the bike and we keep climbing back on. It's all about getting our balance and keeping our eye on the road.

Don't ever lose faith, Rockin' Robin. And remember what William Durant said!

;-)

PS - I will have to pose a picture of my delts for you to appreciate what I'm talking about. Also... he saw nothing else and he had to say SOMETHING! LOL

alinnell 03-08-2007 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockinrobin (Post 1602738)
Yes, I am feeling sooo much better today. I just kinds STOPPED and thought about what I was doing. And realized I hated what I was doing. I wanted to go back to the NEW me, not the OLD me. I still have soo much weight to lose and I don't want that to stop. It's much more important to me then any of this stupid food that's around me. I just needed time to rethink and refocus. I'm sure it will happen over and over and over again. It's an ongoing, never ending process.

Robin~we're all glad you feel better and are back on track. It was kinda hard to see you struggle--you're such an inspiration! I simply cannot imagine how you've done it! Anyway, you are right to reflect back on those few days and make the determination to stick with it. And those 3 days or so are nothing compared to the months of hard work you've done. :hug:

My non-exercising brain is trying, trying to come up with a plan of attack. I want to work out, I want to get back in shape, but I don't want to do it alone. I have to plan something out.

Cats tongue 03-08-2007 08:58 PM

Hey guys.

So my calorie count yesterday was 1800 on the button (I almost thought I'd gone over, but upon calculating it I found I had done the math wrong in my head.)

Diva, I'm amazed at how much in control of the scale you are. It's so refreshing. I myself can't weigh in, I just find it depressing, which is why I measure. Even when I did weigh in, I never weighed in daily... When I was a preteen I did that, and it was a blow to my self esteem.

Robin, good for you, it can be so hard to get over those blah/bad/old feelings. :) I know because today I've faced my old feelings of no motivation and tiredness. And you're right, it is a total round about thing, those feelings will return. We just have to be okay with that and move forward.

Jubee, awesome! It's always so hard to get back on track after a "break". If you go off for one day, it's hard, but after several... But you stuck to it and that's great.

syncrosweetie88 03-08-2007 11:15 PM

rfweens- i wouldnt count your calories by week because then that might lead your metabolism to slow down; if you have a lot one day and then try to make up for it by barely having anythng the next, your body will think it is fasting. you are probably better off counting your calories by day so that you can keep your metabolism up at a good pace by eating throughout the day. as for when to weigh in, i try to do it every few days just so that i can make sure that i am making progress and doing the diet the right way. when i find that i am not losing weight after a few days i then know that i have to change something, and this way i have not wasted the whole week going on not realizing that i am not losing weight.

zenor- welcome!

athenac- stay strong!! it is really hard to get through a stressful time without giving into the temptation and comfort of eating, but just keep your goal in mind, you can do it!

calories today: 1266, a little higher than i would have liked but i had a long day.

i am going to go on a trip to georgia with my crew team for training all of next week and i am really afraid that i am going to break my diet. the other girls eat so much junk food! it will be so tempting. i am defnitely going to keep a pack of gum at my side at all times, but it is going to be difficult.