3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   Calorie Counters Chat-March 2007! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/105972-calorie-counters-chat-march-2007-a.html)

Mami 03-01-2007 10:43 AM

Diva, good to see you're back. When you go online you realize there are just SO many guys out there..hot ones at that..and all those choices makes you start to forget about the old guy as there are so many more out there. Would love to meet up in the city for lunch. PM me with the details.

Aphil, I just subscribed to the Light & Tasty magazine and website. I was just thinking how some of my lower cal dishes haven't turned out as great as my other cooking, yet I know the substituted dishes can come out so good. One problem is that DH does not eat ANY veggies (even onions), so it makes it hard to add them to things I'm cooking. I did substitute fat free cheese in my lasagna and he loved it..LOL..didnt notice the difference, but next time I plan on using turkey meat and I'm wondering how he'll go for that.

aphil 03-01-2007 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnAbsoluteDiva (Post 1592578)
Okay...so some of those guys look like they just got out of prison, and others look like they need to GO to prison, but I've chatted with two who are lovely, lovely people.

:lol:

I am glad that you went out, and a little bit of new male attention has lifted your spirits a bit. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by athenac (Post 1592582)
I've battled OCD since then and am still an emotional eater.

Hi athenac! I just wanted to add, that I also suffer from OCD, ever since I was a child-although I wasn't diagnosed until I was an adult...then you have one of those "OOOOOOOOooohhhh..." type of moments, where you realize all of the signs and symptoms over the years...as you probably know, people with OCD are more prone to panic/anxiety attacks, and depression, and other related issues-and I have bouts of those as well. I am a type A personality-a real headstrong perfectionist, and it really makes for a stressful existence at times. PM me if you ever need to talk about any of it. :)

AnAbsoluteDiva 03-01-2007 11:15 AM

A boricua who doesn't eat onions???

He was adopted!

But Spanish folks (especially MEN) are so weird about vegetables. I think they just had too much verdura and yucca and platanos growing up. LOL

I will let you know about NYC. As soon as that thermostat hits 50, we're on!

srmb60 03-01-2007 12:11 PM

Quick post because I'm at work ... Hi everybody! ... 46, Bobbi

littlered 03-01-2007 12:33 PM

Hi everyone ,

I am new here as of this week. I am getting in the habit.

Age 49.
Married almost 29 yrs. :dancer:

I have 2 children, son 27 and daughter 21.

AND 1 granddaughter, boy does she make my day. thats one of her pics on the side.

My daughter is going to be my Curves Buddy. We go first time at 6 p.m. today.

I already did my 2 nd day on the :tread:
I did better today. 2.5 mph. 15 min. not much, but I WILL do more in the a.m.

calories for this week ave. 1400.

I am already at 1000 for the day. :dunno:
What can I eat later and feel like I ate for less than 400 calories?

Got any ideas?

alinnell 03-01-2007 12:41 PM

Good morning everyone!!!

Diva~so glad to hear things are looking up. We were worried about you.

I'll have to look for the Light & Tasty magazine. That sounds good. For those of you who want a good recipe, here is one that I made from Cooking Light and it was sooooooo good!

Four-Cheese Vegetable Lasagna

From Cooking Light
This lasagna from our November/December 1992 issue proves a welcome change from your standard meat-and-tomato-based dishes. The creamy white sauce in this meatless version complements the spinach and fresh broccoli. A lasagne isn't a lasagna unless it's both filling and flavorful--and this one is that and more.

12 uncooked lasagna noodles
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
Cooking spray
2 cups chopped broccoli
1 1/2 cups thinly sliced carrot
1 cup sliced green onions
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
3 cups 1% low-fat milk
1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
1 1/2 cups 1% low-fat cottage cheese
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
Freshly ground pepper (optional)

Cook lasagna noodles, omitting salt and fat. Drain; set aside.

Preheat oven to 375°.

Heat oil in a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium heat until hot. Add broccoli and next 4 ingredients (broccoli through garlic), and sauté 7 minutes. Set aside.

Place flour in a medium saucepan. Gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk until blended. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook 5 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly. Add 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in spinach. Reserve 1/2 cup spinach mixture for top layer of casserole, and set aside.

Combine cottage cheese, mozzarella, and Swiss cheese; stir well. Spread 1/2 cup spinach mixture in bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 4 lasagna noodles over spinach mixture in dish; top with half of cottage cheese mixture, half of broccoli mixture, and half of remaining spinach mixture. Repeat layers, ending with noodles. Spread reserved 1/2 cup spinach mixture over noodles; sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Cover and bake at 375° for 35 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with pepper, if desired.

Yield: 9 servings

CALORIES 341 (22% from fat); FAT 8.4g (sat 4.3g,mono 2.2g,poly 1.1g); PROTEIN 21.6g; CHOLESTEROL 21mg; CALCIUM 394mg; SODIUM 457mg; FIBER 3.7g; IRON 3.2mg; CARBOHYDRATE 44.9g

Angielynne 03-01-2007 12:49 PM

I love reading about everyone else and hearing more about you all!!!

As for me, I'm 27 and have been married 7 years this July. I have two dd's, one is 3 1/2 and the other is 15 months. THey keep me very busy. I've always been on the chunky side my whole life, but never hugely overweight until I got married. I went from about 170 to about 212 at my highest point. I didn't gain any weight with either of my pregnancies as I was sick through both of them, so I actually lost about 10-15 lbs with each. So far, I've been successful to get down to where I am now and I guess I'll just keep plugging along.

I'm also an emotional eater and especially late at night which is bad. I've banned myself from putting anything into my mouth except water after 8:30pm. It has helped immensly. What makes dieting hard is that my dh and his whole family are obese and are always eating at every family function..and not healthy either. DH has recently started counting calories and exercising with me as well, and has managed to go from 353 to 333 since January. It's been helpful for me to have him right there with me in this.

I'm trying t eat between 1500-1800 calories a day and have steadily been losing 1.5-2lbs a week. While that's not huge, it's better than nothing and I'm happy with that. I would love to be around 150 for my wedding anniversary in june and that is my current goal that I'm working towards.

It's nice learning more about you all and I can't wait to read more and chat with you all more!

athenac 03-01-2007 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlered (Post 1592746)
What can I eat later and feel like I ate for less than 400 calories?

Got any ideas?

I know it seems obvious, but I would eat some protein, like chicken, and maybe some vegetables. My new favorite vegetable side dish is green beans with "no-calorie" spray butter and a little feta and black pepper.

littlered 03-01-2007 01:20 PM

Hello to everyone. :wave:

it is good to get to know new people. I hope to be here for awhile.
I have never tried to work like this for a new body. I will do it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by athenac (Post 1592797)
I know it seems obvious, but I would eat some protein, like chicken, and maybe some vegetables. My new favorite vegetable side dish is green beans with "no-calorie" spray butter and a little feta and black pepper.

Thanks for the ideas. Yeah I know it seems obvious to alot of you, I am working on it. :) :spin: :carrot:

I am used to cooking for the family. Now I get to learn to cook for me.:)
now its what I need. Not what I can fill a bunch of hungry tummy's.

srmb60 03-01-2007 03:23 PM

Oh look at all the lovely calorie counters! :cloud9: Have I mentioned lately that I think calorie counting is THE thing?!

I've been here soooo long ... I feel redundant saying anything more about me and who I am ....
I'm 46. A wife for over 27 years and mother of three. The lad is 25, the princess is 23 (and married last spring), the boy is 20. I've been a nurse in the same small rural hospital for over 27 years.
I have depression/anxiety issues and definite compulsive tendencies. Most of the time I can channel that into food and exercise planning.:^:
I'm not particularly crafty but I dabble in all kinds of things.
We're renovating our house.
About 3 years ago I decided that maybe I wasn't old, weary and a sturdy Flemish woman. I walked and counted calories. Since then I've 'graduated' into sturdier cardio and weight lifting.
I'm a 'bouncer' who has not mastered maintaining yet.
I need 3FC and fitday.com to keep me mentally in the groove.

BTW Bobbi ... I had an 8track of the BeeGees with New York Mining Disaster on it ;)

ThePickle 03-01-2007 03:49 PM

Happy Thursday all! I'm new here as well. 25 yo divorced w/2 kiddies 6 and 4. Been hovering around 215 for past 2 yrs, and ready and willing to drop finally!

jamsk8r 03-01-2007 03:57 PM

Hi Littlered, lots of veggies...I find mushrooms really filling myself, or broccoli, carrots, etc. I usually brown something in the nonstick skillet, like a little bit of shredded cooked chicken, mushrooms, bell peppers, or whatever, then put that over salad greens instead of rice, maybe a small chopped tomato on top if I can spare the calories.

For the group, I'm Cheryl, 37, my son is 10 y.o., he homeschools and I'm a single mom so I work at home. Today is day 6 for me of calorie counting. It's going well on that front, but I was never really too into food. I pretty much don't care what it is that I eat, I just never thought about it much and was eating a lot of burgers and high calorie junk before, and I found out I was getting a lot of calories from my hot tea with milk and sugar added, so I've been slowly cutting down on that, which helps a lot.

My sister and I made an agreement yesterday for a challenge, to train up and ride in a 30 mile bike ride that is happening near the end of June. My personal goal is to try and lose 30 lbs and build up to 30 miles on the bike by that bike ride, which is right before my birthday. I chose the 30 lbs because that would put me under 200 lbs. I plan to join the YMCA later this month, when I can afford it, so that my son can swim more, and I can get into the weight room. I did that many years ago, and really enjoyed it. That might mess with my weight goal, but I'm okay with that as long as I'm getting leaner and losing the fat. The bike ride will definitely be a challenge, because my second 2 mile ride, which I did this morning, was really hard to get through. I will stick it out, though, and I'm sure things will get better. Lot of "new" muscles waking up this morning, though, ouch!

Cheryl

alinnell 03-01-2007 06:35 PM

Well, as long as we're telling our stories.....

I'm 43 (44 this month), married for 18+ years, 2 kids, DD 16, DS 12. I work with DH in our construction business. The year after my DS was born, I lost a lot of weight and got down to 128. I kept it off for about 5 years and then the stress of work made me gain it back, plus some. I quit the stress-producing job and decided to lose weight again. I know I won't get back to 128 (don't want to--was too skinny), but I'm having a tough time getting to my goal at this point. I'd love a kick in the butt to get me to work out, but DH isn't the one to do it and I really don't have any fitness-minded friends to do it for me either.

srmb60 03-01-2007 06:43 PM

:kickbutt: for Allison

walking2lose 03-01-2007 07:06 PM

Hi to all the calorie counting girls! I'm on the new side here at 3FC, and this is the thread I have been reading most regularly for 3 months (well, it was 2 threads, but you know what I mean). I was the kind of kid who would read the back of the cereal box while eating breakfast, and I actually enjoy reading what everyone eats and all the little tips people give here... very motivating! I love reading cookbooks and recipes as well...will have to check out those mags!

A little about me...I've been fairly active and athletic most of my life, but I had some pretty intense health issues about 5 years ago. I had lots of joint and muscle pain, tingly hands and feet, and severe lethargy. I was tested for many things, from MS to rheumatoid arthritis, but never got any diagnosis. Several illnesses were ruled out, which I thought was reassuring, but it was frustrating not to know. Needless to say, it was a pretty low period for me. My activity level dropped to almost nothing but light walking for about 6 months. I gradually came through most of the symptoms, though not completely, but I feel so much older and slower now. I do have a regular workout buddy (we walk, go to the gym, sometimes bike), which is a huge help. There are many many days I would do nothing if she was not at the gym waiting for me!

I have been calorie counting on fitday and really like it. I've lost 6 lbs. since January, so I'm losing at a snail's pace, but I'm hoping slow and steady will win the race. I can tell in my clothes that I am shrinking (very slowly but still shrinking) I aim for 1200 but usually it's more like 1400 (with some bigger calorie days, especially on weekends). Anyway, glad to be here to get (and give) support and encouragement to one another in any way possible.

Oh, and I am very happily married to wonderful, funny, smart, charming husband. No kids, however I do teach high school, so I sometimes feel like mom to a hundred 16-7 year olds :-)