3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   Calorie Counters Chat-March 2007! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/105972-calorie-counters-chat-march-2007-a.html)

alinnell 03-03-2007 05:42 PM

littlered~I'd vote for either a treadmill or a cross country ski machine. They would both be better on your knee that either an elliptical or rowing machine. But then there's always a bowflex....

littlered 03-03-2007 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alinnell (Post 1595847)
littlered~I'd vote for either a treadmill or a cross country ski machine. They would both be better on your knee that either an elliptical or rowing machine. But then there's always a bowflex....

Alinnell,

Thanks for the vote of the treadmill. Got that! :tread:

next question, In the opinion of all your experences... Is it good to wear a knee brace, when working out?

OH! and any favorite low fat desserts. What to eat when that sweet tooth is making you nuts? :sp:

alinnell 03-03-2007 06:53 PM

I would leave the leg brace decision up to your doctor.

I don't really have that much of a sweet tooth, but every once in a while I'll have a bowl of vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup and Kaluah. Sorry, not low fat although I did buy a jar of Walden's zero calorie chocolate sauce. I just haven't opened it yet. And I could buy lower fat versions of the ice cream. But since I don't go nuts over it, I can have a carton sitting around for months and no one opens it!

Oh, and the other day, I made a batch of cookies using half butter and half Z Trim, so that was lower in calories and fat that way. Instead of chocolate chips, I used Trader Joe's chocolate covered cherries. Oh, decadent! It only made 18 cookies, so I shared with my kid's friends and then there were only a couple left for me.

jamsk8r 03-03-2007 07:31 PM

Thanks everyone for the cheers on the weight loss!

Aphil, thanks for all your help and encouragement this week. It really has meant a lot to me, and hearing of your workouts inspires me not to give up, and to keep going when I want to quit. I'm also going to check out the protein shakes when I'm at the store next. That actually sounds like it might be a better breakfast than the yogurt or banana I've been eating, or at least something for a change once in a while.

Cablgurl, great job on the elliptical! Woohoo! :dancer:

Littlered, nice work with the calories this week! What type of exercise would you like to do? I rode my sister's recumbant stationary bike yesterday. It seemed easy on the knees (mine are frequently abused), but on hers, the seat wasn't that comfy after about 10 minutes, and my butt was asleep by the end of 20, lol. Whatever you think you'd like, give it a nice long test in the store, or at the gym, before you buy. If your knee is real bad, you can probably still move around in a swimming pool, so remember that option, if there's a community pool or YMCA nearby.

Walking2lose, I am glad to hear that you are getting some relief from your symptoms! I know I was not motivated to get out and ride my bike today, as I am still sore from skating, but I just kicked my own butt and did it anyway, and once I got going, I was glad I did it!

Chloeone, don't worry about it. The great thing about CC is, if you fall off, it's not like Atkins where you've messed it up and have to start all over. You can just jump in the next day or the next meal and you're right back on track! Just keep your goal in mind, and think how good you will feel when you hit that 150 mark! Give the brownies to your skinniest friend.... :devil:

Bobbi, thanks for the vote of confidence! Having the bike ride and a mini-goal for the weight loss is definitely helping to keep me motivated this week!

Alinnell, you look beautiful in your pictures! For salads, one thing I've been enjoying this week is a little hot stir "fried" (minus the oil, actually just steamed then browned in a skillet) veggies and chicken on top of a bed of salad greens, instead of rice, with garlic and pepper on top for seasoning. I have never been much of a salad eater, but that tastes good to me, and I bet you could come up with even better ideas for getting your salads in! :)

(Susan, I'm whispering so no one at work will know you're reading this... I just wanted to say that from what I've seen of your posts so far, you're always helpful and that you've been an inspiration to me...thank you!)

I hope everyone is having a great day today. I will check in with you all later! I'm off to try and get my bike adjusted, so it might be more comfortable to ride. Got 4 miles in today, and it was a lot easier since I adjusted the seat height, but I was doing a lot of whining by the end of it, I confess. The seat is about as comfortable as a fence post! Gonna go put some rubbing alcohol on my sore old legs, so that I'll be able to move tomorrow.

Cheryl

cablgurl 03-03-2007 08:04 PM

littlered-sweets are my weakness i have a few low fat recipes this is one of my faves

Marshmallow Squares
1 pkg (400g) marshmallows
1/3 cup light margarine or butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 box (525g) Oatmeal Crisp Raisin cereal
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips

In a large saucepan, melt marshmallows and margarine over med heat, stirring constantly. When mixture is smooth, remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Add cereal in small batches, stirring well after each addition. Stir in chocolate chips.

Spray a 9x13 inch baking pan with non-stick spray. Press cereal mixture evenly into pan. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm. For crunchy squars store in an airtight container in refrigerator. For chewy squares store at room temp.

Makes 24 squares

per square-165 calories, 3.2g fat, 0.9g sat. fat, 2.3g protein, 32.1g carbs, 1.5g fiber, 0mg chol, 121.6mg sodium, 17% calories from fat

hope you enjoy them!

AnAbsoluteDiva 03-03-2007 08:15 PM

Yesterday's calories were 1071 with 28% coming from fat.

Hetox Level was at 7 this morning until I caught sight of a man at the produce section who didn't know how to pick out mangos. Hetox Level dropped to 4 within 20 minutes and I'm sure by tomorrow afternoon, Hetox Level will be at 2. Mango Man and I are doing lunch!

;-)

aphil 03-03-2007 08:28 PM

Cheryl-instead of a premade shake I usually use a protein powder (like you can get at a health food place, etc.) with skim milk and ice in the blender. Sometimes, I use Myoplex Lite as well.

littlered-I also am a treadmill fan. Ours is in the garage with the weightlifting equipment (DH weightlifts, and I do as well, so over the years we have been gathering gym quality equipment.) We have a small tv out there, and I often watch a show or two while I am on it. It makes the time go by much, much quicker!!!

Exercise today: 3 miles on treadmill-walking/jogging intervals

Food:
Breakfast-Canadian Bacon and whole wheat toast, yogurt
Lunch-black beans in a "taco salad" (salsa, a couple baked chips, greens)
Snack-a pear
Dinner-1 piece lasagna
Snack-yogurt and fruit

littlered 03-03-2007 10:25 PM

Cheryl,

I am not sure yet what kind of exercises I will be doing in the future.
At this point I will keep going to CURVES, and my garage, where my very old treadmill is. I seem to do well on it.

Cablgurl,

thanks for the idea about cereal bars!! :hug:
Rice Crispy treats always were a big favorite here.
Magan,( my dd) and I have been trying to think of some lo-cal-fat goodies that to stick to the ribs.

I did not have the same cereal so I used BASIC 4. Just 6 cups. and MUST use dark chocolate chips. I haven't tried them yet. my calculations are it only has 112 cal per piece! 4 gr. fat.

Have to go do 20 min. on the treadmill. That will make 40 min. today.
THEN, I will have a small treat. ;) Can't wait to try it.

Aphil,

I have a sm. black and white TV in the garage. You will laugh, but that TV was my husband's XMAS present at the age 14. He just turned 50!
and it works! I find it helps take the mind off what I am doing.

Well I need to stay awake late tonight, thats why I am saving the last trip to the tread mill for now. Hubby gets home at 12:30 am tonight! Thats a GOOD THING. Normally it's 4 am.

Got to have some energy. ;

rockinrobin 03-03-2007 10:45 PM

Oh boy, soooo much to catch up on.

Walkingtolose, I am really glad that your symptoms are mostly behind you. It must have been so incredibly frustrating to not get a diagnosis. I know I felt that way. Doctor after doctor, test after test. On one hand you're relieved it's nothing horrible and then on the other hand..... My symptoms are mostly gone, but have crept back to a lesser extent every now and then. Really almost nothing since I have lost all my weight. Who knows what was going on with me? I may never know. I'm just glad for the most part that they are history.

Littlered I love the jello pudding sugar free 60 calorie puddings. Love um. I have one every day. I also like the Danon fat free/sugar free 60 calorie yogurts. Especially the raspberry and the blueberry.

Bobbo, I guess I do pretty much stay at about 1200. I have got this thing down to a science practically. I eat the same breakfast every day. I eat one of 3 lunches everyday. And one of maybe 7 -10 dinners. And they are all within the same range. And then of course I have a few different snacks that I choose from. My weeks are mostly the same, but then of course there's the weekends. Ahh, the weekends. Today was actually about 1200 calories as well. But tomorrow will probably be another story. Big family dinner at the SIL and she's a real good cook/hostess. We shall see. I do plan on eating there, just how much remains to be seen. I haven't strayed in a long time. I really don't want to tomorrow either. But like I said we shall see what happens. I'll of course report on Monday. And I just can not believe all the snow you have to contend with. Was this a typical year for you guys or worse then ususal?

Ummm, Cheryl the way you describe that seat, umm as comfortable as a fence post? - umm not to good, eh? Congratulations on a great weight loss.

Hello to everyone else. I will try and keep up better this coming week. HAve a great rest of the weekend everybody. Stay safe and healthy.

cablgurl 03-04-2007 01:13 AM

Well calories today are so high i don't even think i am going to add them up. It was UFC pay per view fight night and we hosted (we always host), so i had some pizza, nachos, and a beer. Back to my regular diet tomorrow. Its a good thing the pay per view events are only once a month!

AnAbsoluteDiva 03-04-2007 01:38 AM

Saturday's calories - 1066.

aphil 03-04-2007 08:35 AM

Well...my weigh in day is officially tomorrow, but I peeked today anyhow-and I am really excited! :carrot: I'll check again tomorrow, though, and see if there is any more change-and then I'll post the week's results tomorrow morning. :)

:lol:

Today I am dancing for my exercise-I have a private lesson to teach here in the home studio at 3:30pm, and I am going to try and get some extra technique work in alone today as well.

Bobbolink 03-04-2007 09:05 AM

GOOD MORNING GANG!
Yesterday's Journal:
Exercise: Session at "Snap" Fitness club. Anybody else have these in your area?
Calories...1,145
Fat...31%
Fiber...47 grams
Protein...37%

Breakfast: Vitamins/Salmon Oil/Fiber Supplements
Fiber One - dry (I usually have a large breakfast every morning but didn't have time yesterday)

Lunch: Homemade Veggie Soup, Turkey breast sandwich on low cal toast, lettuce and mustard.

Snack: Banana split made with Pistachio/Coconut pudding,(instead of ice cream) SF/FF Cool whip and sprinkled with Fiber One and of course the banana. The Fiber One on this makes it especially delicious! :love:

Supper: Roasted Chicken and Carrots, FF Cottage Cheese and FF Milk
Evening Snack: Popcorn
I finally changed my ticker, down another pound and added my "Biggest Loser's" ticker. I think I'll make my goal of hitting the 130's for the challenge. (The challenge ends March 24th) My weight has consistantly gone down every week and I have to thank all the fiber I eat for it.
Chloe... Do you need to pull a "Dr. Phil" and dump all the Cinnamon Crunch Cereal, Brownies, Chips, etc.? :rofl: I don't recall if you're a quantity eater like me, but you could so pig out substituting the sugar calories for healthier ones. By the way, have you been shoveling snow? I think Robin asked if we usually have this much snow, I don't know about the Twin Cities but we don't usually have this much in Southern Minnesota.
One day of food is pretty much the same for me as any day except on Sundays. We always visit my dad and there's alway sweets with the coffee. It's rare that I eat it, only if he has Cheese Cake. That's like dangling a carrot in front of a donkey to me?:cloud9:
Littlered... I have bad knees and bad feet and my Nordic Track cross country ski machine doesn't bother either. The ellipitic at our Fitness center kills me. I can't even do 30 seconds on it so stay away from them. Maybe you can try all the different kinds out at a fitness center, most places will give you a free week trial period. I don't remember who asked how long I stayed on the Ski machine, 15 minutes is all I ever did. (But I went like a bat out of :censored: Then we joined the Fitness center and I don't even use the Skier anymore.
Hi Everyone, I'm on my way to Church and will see ya all tomorrow.:wave:

srmb60 03-04-2007 10:11 AM

Aw Cheryl! Thank you!

Yesterday was a blow out. I don't even know how to begin quantifying that. I have a phobia that is just tearing me to shreds since Friday (I'd better go to the depression threads ;))

So today, instead of sitting in the car for 7 or 8 hours to take the college boy back. DH has kindly agreed that would be best. He's adoreable have I mentioned that? I'm going to have a fitness nut day. Church, awesome food, lots of cardio, full body weights and a pharmaceutically enhanced nap ...

I'm sorry I dumped all that on ya ... but it does feel better to make a plan and make it concrete ... or as permantent at type will allow. I need to keep my act together for a day or so.

When my head's not so jiggly inside ... I'll come back and post some friendly encouraging stuff ... OK?

cablgurl 03-04-2007 10:46 AM

I was up sick all night i think it may have been because of the junk food i ate lastnight. But i am back on track today had a shake for breakfast and just finished my first snack (an apple) for today. DH has taken the kids out for a few hours so i am going to get on the eliptical and do some house work. I am sure my tummy will feel better after a workout.

Does anyone else tend to feel sick after they have had a weak moment?