Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2000, 08:49 AM   #16  

Hi All,
I have tried Diane's recipe and found it to be just OK. I thought the taste of pumpkin overwhelming to the chocolate flavor. Just recently I found a better tasting recipe posted under WW recipes - Desserts: Chocolate Muffin Mix (homemade) 2 pt. - variation- Fat Free Choclate Brownies 1.5 pt.
I made these last week and my husband and son loved them. These two did not care for Diane's muffins and both swear they HATE yogurt in any form. Little did they realize they were scoffing down "yogurt" in these delicious muffins. I used 1 cup whole wheat flout and 1/2 cup white flour as opposed to the 1 1/2 c. white flour called for in the original muffin to increase the fiber and decrease the total points. Also, substituted the unsweetened, plain yogurt for Columbo Lite Raspberry Yogurt for a Chocolate-Raspberry flavor. Check it out, they are well worth trying and very simple to make. Enjoy!
Figment27

[This message has been edited by figment27 (edited 09-17-2000).]
Old 09-23-2000, 08:24 PM   #17  

pulling up hoping to get a response on the nutritional info on these awesome muffins. I don't count points, but I do use the food diary at www.dietwatch.com, so I need the calorie counts, etc.

Thanks!
Old 09-23-2000, 09:23 PM   #18  
Pending Email Confirmation

shellyj, I don't have Master Cook, but I have LifeForm and I just input the numbers into that program.

Here's what I get.
For each muffin:
Calories 88
Total Fat 1.4 gm.
Saturated Fat 0 gm.
Cholesterol 0 mg.
Sodium 171 mg.
Total Carbohydrate 19g.
Dietary Fiber 3g.
Sugars 8g.
Protein 3g.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-23-2000, 11:47 PM   #19  

To MaryDave. In place of the Kashi you could also try Kelloggs extra fiber All Bran cereal 1/2 c has 13 g of fiber. I use it all the time in the Cinnamon Bran Muffins I make. That recipe is on dottiesweightlosszone.com in the recipe section of the message board under breads and muffins.

------------------

Ann P
Old 09-26-2000, 11:57 AM   #20  

Quote:
Originally posted by marydave:
I would love to try these muffins but unfortunately I live in Nova Scotia Canada and we don't have brand of cereal. Could you possibly give me the nutritional info on it and what type of ingredients are in it so I could perhaps find one similar in my grocery store, if it isn't too much trouble. I would greatly appreciate it because muffins are my all time favorite breakfast item and there just aren't any that I have tried that I like for the low points. Most are dry and not taste and to me it isn't worth eating even if they are only 2pts. Hope you can help.
Mary
Hi Mary,
I also live in Canada. I have found one local store in Winnipeg, but I have ordered some from MotherNature.com. You might want to check out their website.
Good Luck

PS
My recipe for these muffins calls for pumpkin, 4 packages of sweetner, and 12 muffins.

Iggy

Old 10-19-2000, 11:35 PM   #21  

pulling up for AustinGal
Old 10-20-2000, 12:35 AM   #22  
Ready to Offer Support!

Thaks, katie!. I'll try them this weekend. I need to try them without S&L b/c I don't let the kids have artificial sweetener. Maybe I could just leave the sugar out altogether and the let the choc. chips provide sweetness? Or maybe add dates for sweetness and account for the extra points? Anyway, thanks for the recipe!
Old 10-24-2000, 10:14 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 214/214/150

Height: 5'0"

MARISA-43 - I pulled up the Kashi website and noticed that there are a few stores in Toronto that carry Kashi products. I'm a couple of hours away from Toronto, but the next time I'm there, I'll be buying a few boxes. It would be closer for me to drive to Michigan, but I'm not sure if, with the currency exchange, it would be worth the trip.
Old 11-17-2000, 03:09 AM   #24  

pulling up for franma
Old 03-12-2001, 06:15 AM   #25  

A million thank yous, these might save my life! LOL They are GREAT!!!!
Old 06-26-2001, 02:51 PM   #26  

Pulling UP!!!!
Old 08-02-2001, 11:05 PM   #27  

Default 1 Point Chocolate Muffins

These muffins are yummy. They freeze well and you can reheat in the microwave oven for about 1 min. 15 seconds for 2 muffins on 1/2 power (medium)

Chocolate Muffins

3 Cups Kelloggs Extra Fiber All Bran Cereal
2 1/2 cups water
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 box Betty Crocker Sweet Rewards Brownie Mix

Soak cereal in water for about 5 - 15 min.
(I soaked mine 15 min and it was like mush)
Add baking powder and brownie mix. Stir until blended. Do not add any more moisture. Fill muffin cups about 1/2 full.

Bake 350 degrees 20 min. Makes 30 med. size muffins at 1 point each.

24 muffins = 2 pt each.
Old 08-04-2001, 06:42 PM   #28  

This soounds delicious . Can you taste the fiber cereal. What a great sway to get in your fiber. I will definetly be trying this receipe

Shelley
Old 08-04-2001, 07:42 PM   #29  

I was wondering if you could substite General Mills Fiber One instead of the bran cereal. I just purchased one a few days ago and wanted to use it up instead. Do you think it still will come out the same ??
thanks, Shelley
Old 08-04-2001, 11:07 PM   #30  

I don't taste the fiber because the brownie mix is so chocolatey. But I am use to eating muffins with bran cereal in them. If Fiber One is a flake type of cereal, I don't think it will work. I don't think the flake will absorb the liquid and make the same kind of mush. The All Bran Cereal is much more absorbant. They are not a flake type, but like a bud. Hard to describe. I just love these and the Cinnamon Bran Muffins.
Closed Thread