Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 11-28-2015, 09:33 AM   #121  

It is 100% MY fault. My immediate family is all petite, even the males. I'm the only obese fat one in the family.
I know that stuffing my face wasn't the best thing to do, and that's how I turned into a fat girl.
dietcherrycoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 01:40 PM   #122  

S/C/G: Started Cal Counting on 1/4/16

Height: 5'10"

I take full responsibility of being obese.

Do I stuff my face because I stress? Yes, and it's usually issues in relationships that's the cause. Nothing else.

That's why my divorce sent me into an eating frenzy. Feeling rejected and unloved can do some effed up things to your head.

BUT....I also had a husband who told me that men don't like fat women, that he was turned off by fat women. The crap he filled my head with was just awful.

I've put all of his garbage behind me. I know I will succeed again. No more distractions from a guy. EVER again.

Last edited by JerseyPAGirl; 01-07-2016 at 01:58 PM.
JerseyPAGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 09:56 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 247/180.6/145

Height: 5' 8"

I'd say that depends.

For me, personally I gained all of my weight in my childhood, and I've spent all my adult years trying to take it off. It was just very easy to eat junk in my household, to start I ate about as much as my other siblings, but was always bigger. Throw in a hormonal imbalance, and things just escalated. But, I do take some responsibility for my past weight.
SleepyOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 01:45 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 203/172/153

Height: 5"3

I was obese as a child so my obesity was not my fault but once I became old enough to be responsible for my own health all the time that I was not addressing the problem means that my current obesity is my fault.

My responsibility, my choice, my fault.
mynameisyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 01:19 PM   #125  
little by little

S/C/G: 220/215/150

Height: Five foot two

I take a lot of medication. I was always really, really skinny, and then I started 3 medications in 2005, and I gained like 50 pounds. Every time I start a new medication I gain weight. I also have PCOS. So some of it is not my fault. Some of it is my fault too.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 10:27 AM   #126  
Lets change perception

I believe that in a lot of cases, obesity is a response to an emotional need. Most of my friends who did the surgical operation did not solve their emotional issue and weight is back on. But the operation may be a boost and is a necessary process for some.
alineloves is offline   Reply With Quote