Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 03-27-2010, 06:37 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 286/157 (briefly) 170-180ish

Height: 5"9

Default Breast Lift Surgery, Small Breasts, No Implants

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if anybody has had a Mastoplexy without augmentation on small breasts. Or do you know of a web site with before and after pictures of same. (I am currently swapping between bras that are 34 b or C)

Though most info sites say that those with small sagging breasts are the best candidates, pretty much all the photos of women with small breasts show an after shot where clearly an implant has also been used.
I am just personally not keen on getting implants, so if anyone has an advice please do share!

I am fast approaching my goal weight now, and this is very much on my mind, in fact I have a consultation booked next week, and then 2 more in May.
I am also planning on a tummy tuck for loose skin. (all 3 surgeons have excellent ceds and were recommended by my GP - I had found them independently, and then cross referenced my research list with her recommendations)

Anyway any help, advice or useful links appreciated
thanks

Last edited by Ellie R; 03-27-2010 at 06:38 AM.
Ellie R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 10:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 242/242/120

Height: 5'3"

I'm also interested in getting a lift, no implants, when I get to goal. When I was 120ish (in college), I was so embarassed by my tiny breasts (34A), but now I'd love to have them back!
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 08:23 AM   #3  
LynnWood

S/C/G: 160/137/120

Height: 5 ft

Same here, except I plan on getting a reduction and lift upon reaching my goal.

My boobs have always been way too big for my liking.
LynnWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 04:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 202/160/135

Height: 5 ft 6 in

http://messageboards.makemeheal.com/...ift-mastopexy/

A lot of the members have pics with a link under their posts or will give you the pw to their pics. They are all very nice there, and very helpful.

~CGH~

Last edited by choirgirlhotel; 04-17-2010 at 04:28 PM.
choirgirlhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 01:56 AM   #5  

Thanks Choirgirl, yes i have been on that site it is one of the best PS forums.

An update on this for my case is that the first consultant has advised that I don't really need a lift, and that really the only way to fix MY sagging is to fill up the breasts with implants, as there is not enough tissue there for him to do a lift, ie really just loose skin left and a bit of tissue...so I am kind of swinging in the direction of implants now, much as I wasn't really in to the idea, I am coming around.
Will wait and see what the other consultants advise before making a final decision...
Old 04-19-2010, 09:06 AM   #6  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

I asked about a lift w/o implants and was told that the only incision could be a lollipop, around the nipple and down the middle bottom. For now, I will not proceed. But my hernia repair/abdominoplasty is this WEDNESDAY!!!!
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:29 AM   #7  

woohoo, best of luck Kitty cat - let me know how you get on...I am also getting a full TT hopefully
Old 04-20-2010, 09:43 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 202/160/135

Height: 5 ft 6 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie R View Post
Thanks Choirgirl, yes i have been on that site it is one of the best PS forums.

An update on this for my case is that the first consultant has advised that I don't really need a lift, and that really the only way to fix MY sagging is to fill up the breasts with implants, as there is not enough tissue there for him to do a lift, ie really just loose skin left and a bit of tissue...so I am kind of swinging in the direction of implants now, much as I wasn't really in to the idea, I am coming around.
Will wait and see what the other consultants advise before making a final decision...
well to be honest, I think I would rather have implants than a lift if I had to do anything. No (minimal) scarring. I know I'm going to need a lift though.

~CGH~
choirgirlhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:44 AM   #9  

Yeah, I think once I thought through the scarring etc, I pretty quickly got over my whole anti-implants stance, and am actually, if being honest happy with the idea now.
But then reading on other sites re the measurements etc where people are candidates for a lift, it would look like I might be a borderline case - so I suppose I just have to wait and see what the other consultants say - am getting excited now!!

Last edited by Ellie R; 04-21-2010 at 02:45 AM.