Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 10-03-2007, 04:33 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 177/171.2/154

Height: 5' 5.5"

My solution to this problem was no nakedness till I was married. I lost 55 lbs before I met DH, and had some saggy areas. But we were both virgins so he didn't know any better. He still can't believe I was any thinner than I am now when we got married (i was over 25lbs thinner!).

So... my solution is to make him wait. If he doesn't think your worth it, then neither is he! IMHO
mom2mollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 10:11 PM   #32  
Doing it for my future!!!

S/C/G: 280/278/145

Height: 5'5"

I feel like Lily, any guy should feel darn privleged to see my body. So Witchy, don't worry. Enjoy your successes, and if the guy does freak, and doesn't understand, HE doesn't deserve YOU!
OptimistK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 04:37 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 255/222/145

Height: 5'4"

Witchy, I just want to say that you are one of my heroes! Your knowledge, insight and kindness are amazing, and you have been so helpful to me. (Thank You Thank You!!!)

I hope you are feeling a little better than you were on Wednesday. Sometimes the fact that we know so well and care so much about an old friend, makes it even harder to accept insensitivity, unkindness or stupidity.

I don’t know what happened, but sometimes men are just really bad about saying the wrong thing (even when the right thing is in their heart). Or maybe he really was, quite simply, a jerk. Trust me, there are men out there who will find ALL the things that make you who you are, irresistible!

Feeling good about ourselves is such a circuitous and complicated journey. Whatever happened and whatever was said, must have been very painful, but you will get through this! And down the road, there is going to be someone who will be very happy that you did - because he wont be able to imagine what life would have been like if he had not found (and connected with) you.

Don’t let what happened this week rob you of what is yet to come. You have to be out there to be found!
Goldia is offline   Reply With Quote