The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 10-04-2009, 01:51 PM   #106  
GO RED TEAM!!!!!!!

Height: 5"8

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun.e.B View Post
I think everyone here has said what I've been thinking...Tracey is a nutjob!! That girl has crazy eyes! karma will get her one way or another. she may have had a huge loss this week but really that was her first week truly getting back in the swing of things. The first week she was in the hospital, the second week she wasnt allowed to exercise. Hopefully next week she gets the "week 2" curse! I really hope that coach mo isnt taken out in her wake!

Shay needs to stop being the victim or she is never going to move on from it. I do believe she needed to stay because she hasnt learned that yet. Cant wait for Bob or Jillian to really break through to her that she is not just the daughter of a dead heroin addict. I'm excited for her to break free from her circumstances only then will she have success!
I don't believe in Karma but I do think Tracey is unbalanced which means she has mental health issues, and where I volunteer we never call anyone crazy or nut jobs, because they can't help the chemical imbalances in their brains. So I think the Producers realize she is manic perhaps bi-polar. I was re-watching footage of her and her talking fast and impulsiveness makes me think she is bi-polar. I agree Shay does need to stop being a victim and I do hope she can free herself because someone can show you the door but only you can walk through it.

Last edited by IgetfitNStrongforme; 10-04-2009 at 01:54 PM.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:08 PM   #107  
Lose the holiday lbs!

S/C/G: 174/163.8/150

Height: 5.7 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene View Post
Abby even made Jillian cry!! I bet Jillian will never be able to yell at her like she does the others...

I thought it was a great show...
i know!! i was crying my eyes out aswell when Abby was telling her story. and then again when Jillian cried.

I love Jillian!!!

i love how Dan is back!! i'm really rooting for him and shay. shes great too. and i loved how the red team sacrficed themselves for her. that was AMAZING and so inspiring, gave me goosebumps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveLHaelf View Post
OMG This show gets to me too! Abby's story is absolutely heart breaking and the fact that she made Jillian cry too was crazy! I cried when Jillian was talking about how if anything like that happened to her she would want to kill herself but seeing how strong Abby was made her re think that. It really hit home for me on that topic. I also got teary eyed when everyone was helping that lady cross the finish line at the beginning (sorry I'm terrible with names.) I am also excited to be losing along with the contestants. The show is very inspiring.

There was so much swearing! Bob and Jillian working together is a great idea. They were awesome! They kind of reminded me of a drill instructor with all the swearing and yelling, lol.

But yes, I agree, amazing episode! Can't wait til next week.
exactly!! that was the most touching scene! well described
and yah i loved how they are both such drill sergents.

and i heard jillian describe on her radio show how she had to be like that with shay , so that she would feel like shes just like everyone else, and not just the biggest girl ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinkemomx2 View Post
That was my first thought. As soon as she reacted I hoped they would fall below so she would be sent home. I think if they would have been safe this week it would have turned into another Joelle/Carla situation.

How much do you really know about someone you have only known a week'ish. Nothing. The elimination seems so contrived. Almost like they pick reasons out of a hat and that is what they have to say.

I would really love if they did one season where there was no immunity. Lowest percentage lost goes home. End.Of.Story. Or maybe keep everyone on the ranch the whole time and the biggest loser wins.
exactly!! i always have the exact same thought! either the lowest percentage goes home, or they ALL stay until the very end. it always makes me sad to see someone go home.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:44 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by happeningf View Post
I feel so awful for Mo, and no one clapped for him for his weight loss because they didn't want to clap for Tracey. I so wanted someone to yell "great job Mo" and clap to make it obvious the applause was just for him.
I just got to watch ep.3. I feel bad for Mo too, he didn't even pick Tracy he just got stuck with her in the end.

I'm not sure if Tracy is bananas or just really wants to win. She might be a bit narcissistic where she just doesn't care about others or who she hurts. To be fair, the show does give them those games and the options are there to try and get ahead. Antoine ate a couple of cupcakes, so if she didn't win, he would of been the one picking people off.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:02 PM   #109  
sugar is the devil

I'm watching right now and all I want is to say.... YAH DAN! Soooo proud of him
Old 10-06-2009, 09:08 PM   #110  
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

I too just got to watch episode 3.

I agree with all of you guys about Tracy being un balanced. I too also think she may be bi polar because it really does seem like she has two personalities. She didn't even know how many cupcakes she ate???? And she honestly sees nothing wrong with what she is doing. But like Bob said, it's too early to be game playing and she just doesn't get that. I love how at the weigh in, when she lost 11 pounds, jillian swears and bob re think clapping and just shakes his head. It's pretty bad when even the trainers don't like you....

It's crazy how BOTH the teams that came to her and asked her for help got the opposite of what they wanted.

I love how Jillian practically shunned her!

And the red team was sooo honorable with their self sacrifice. It's a shame that we won't get to keep seeing them.

I'm going to try to stay up and watch tonight's episode, but I might fall asleep. It's on too late for me, lol. I get up at 350 am to exercise before work.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:01 PM   #111  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Julio looks good. Down 108 pounds so far!

I'm not liking the looks of next weeks show. They made that look like Tracy is gonna get that ticket and that scares me.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:24 PM   #112  
Started again Aug 21, 09

S/C/G: 237/204/165

Height: 5'9"

That was a big teaser at the end. I hope Tracy doesn't get that ticket - she frightens me. TTTTRRRAAAACCCYYY, oh, I just scared myself!
Old 10-06-2009, 10:33 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 250/186/149 (mini: 179)

Height: 5'5

I think I have a crush on Dan.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:53 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/120

Height: 5'3"

Just a pic of me with my buddy Sione!

Haha, jk I ran into him at a race in AZ, I was starstruck! And he was SO nice and sweet!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg n1194369876_30230359_3887528.jpg (27.6 KB, 69 views)
Old 10-07-2009, 12:54 PM   #115  

That pic was last year. I heard about all that drama with Jillian and them leaving to get food, and maybe it is true, but man were they both SEXY at the end!
Old 10-07-2009, 12:55 PM   #116  

I totally have a crush on Daniel... so sweet. Reminds me of who was the boy last year? The son? They have similar sweet attitudes... gosh, what was his name? He was GORGEOUS!
Old 10-07-2009, 02:45 PM   #117  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Mike and if I wasn't old enough t be his mother I would agree
Old 10-07-2009, 04:26 PM   #118  

Yes, Mike.. and hey, you're never too old! Guys date younger chicks all the time!

he was GORGE at the end!
Old 10-07-2009, 07:37 PM   #119  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

ahh but 20+yeas my jr is too close to my kids age, BUT he is a cutie and Dan this season is turning out to be also, he personality and the way he is a good tem mate, works hard and is not complaining makes hinm even better, I hope he goes all the way to his goal.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:17 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 250/186/149 (mini: 179)

Height: 5'5

I totally had a crush on Mike, too! He was SO sweet. I need to figure out how to "bump" into him somewhere...hahaha.