The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 09-04-2007, 03:35 AM   #1  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Default Reunion show?

Did anybody watch the reunion show? I had to work so I missed it.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:10 AM   #2  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

I don't think it aired yet?

Unless you mean this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu0X7rHhqjM
Old 09-04-2007, 08:14 AM   #3  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Jen,

I believe the reunion show airs tonight on NBC
Old 09-04-2007, 08:50 AM   #4  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

You didn't miss it. It's on tonight at 9pm EST on NBC. I can't wait.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:53 AM   #5  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Yup, tonight @ 9 pm (EST)
http://entertainment.msn.com/tv/epis...the-weight-off
Old 09-04-2007, 07:55 PM   #6  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

I feel like the biggest loser for caring so much about this show. I am sitting here hoping with all my heart that my little angels will be asleep in an hour. The DVR is set, but it is not the same.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:59 PM   #7  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

I swear if I hear "did you keep the weight off?" one more time I'm gonna go Jillian and punch someone!

Overall the show was ok... it was good to see that the people they showed kept the majority of the weight off. I can't believe what Marty did!

I don't want to say a lot cause I don't want to spoil it for those that had to DVR it!
Old 09-04-2007, 11:28 PM   #8  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellez View Post
I don't want to say a lot cause I don't want to spoil it for those that had to DVR it!
Thanks! I still haven't seen it yet (it comes on in 34 minutes from now on the west coast).
Old 09-05-2007, 08:14 AM   #9  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

I love Alison Sweeney, been watching her for yrs on Day's, but I wanted to comment on the show's writer's...Can they not think of less cheesey things for her to say? Maybe it's me, but I thought a lot of that last night was so cheesey. I did get teary eyed though when Marty proposed....

Also, Jillian; I never watched with her on the show. I started watching last season with Kim, and even though I didn't like her at first, she grew on me. I LOVE Bob. Jillian sees a bit psychotic to me and why on earth would she need to be "back for revenge", as THEY put it? I know these peeps are on this show pretty much as a last messure before surgery perhaps to lose weight and possibly win some money, but good Lord, I soooooo could NOT have a psychotib B***h like that all in my face treating me like I am in the military or dirt under her shoes, I'd be done slapped her ***. LOL! But that's just me. I LOVE Bob, and he is hard too, but he seems to do it in a much more compassionate way. JMO
Old 09-05-2007, 10:52 AM   #10  
I believe in myself

S/C/G: 257/200/160

Height: 5'8

I like Jillian as she pushes and doesn't take any excuses. I didn't watch the show last night so I don't know what they showed of her, but have watched TBL when she was on it and her team hated and loved her at the same time.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:32 AM   #11  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

I love Jillian. They make her seem like a complete tough-as-nails chick and too tough on the contestants...but she gets results. She's also super compassionate. I read an interview with her on why she left the American TBL, and she felt that the American show focused too much on the numbers and not on the emotional journey that the contestants went on.

I've downloaded the Australian TBL (where Jillian and Bob were the trainers) and it focuses a lot on the overall picture--and you get to see a much softer side to Jillian. Don't get me wrong, even on the Australia show, she's a hardass, but she's also a huge emotional support to her team.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:19 PM   #12  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

Azure,
I'd like to see that. Where did you DL it from? So she left because she didn't like that there was no emtional support? Still, why would she feel she needs revenge? LOL! That makes no sense. Maybe they said that for the "drama" affect...
Old 09-05-2007, 02:54 PM   #13  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
Azure,
I'd like to see that. Where did you DL it from? So she left because she didn't like that there was no emtional support? Still, why would she feel she needs revenge? LOL! That makes no sense. Maybe they said that for the "drama" affect...
I think that there was emotional support by her on the American TBL, but the people editing the show decided not to show much of it, preferring the drama of her drill sergeant mannerisms. The people editing the Australian show give a much bigger picture. I'm sure the "revenge" bit on the preview for the next season is all about the drama...she really has no reason to have "revenge" on anyone.

You have to have a BitTorrent client (like uTorrent) to download Torrent files, but this is the link to the Torrent of Australia's Biggest Loser Season 1: http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/1076608/12194688/

If you don't know how to get uTorrent, here's a link for that, too: http://www.utorrent.com/download.php
Old 09-05-2007, 05:43 PM   #14  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
I think that there was emotional support by her on the American TBL, but the people editing the show decided not to show much of it, preferring the drama of her drill sergeant mannerisms. The people editing the Australian show give a much bigger picture. I'm sure the "revenge" bit on the preview for the next season is all about the drama...she really has no reason to have "revenge" on anyone.

You have to have a BitTorrent client (like uTorrent) to download Torrent files, but this is the link to the Torrent of Australia's Biggest Loser Season 1: http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/1076608/12194688/

If you don't know how to get uTorrent, here's a link for that, too: http://www.utorrent.com/download.php
Thank you very much.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:02 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 255/226/165

Quote:
I swear if I hear "did you keep the weight off?" one more time I'm gonna go Jillian and punch someone!
I agree!! I was looking forward to this but it was cheesy!