Old 06-01-2013, 11:54 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 165/165/120

Height: 5'3"

I love how a new challenge is a kickstart for renewed enthusiasm to make this healthy eating/fitness process a lifestyle change! I am finally getting used to the elliptical which I didn't think I could do more than 5 minutes when I first started. Am watching DVDs to help make the time pass, and that surely helps. With summer looming (well, it's actually fully arrived here), I have more immediate desire to get into some shorts before summer is over.

I have only struggled with a little bit of cravings, which will likely get harder, but instead of eating everything in sight when that happens, I plan to have that thing that I want in a small portion, enjoy it thoroughly and then move on.

Here's to a great week everyone!
Old 06-02-2013, 12:19 AM   #32  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone! I apologize for my lack of participation over the past couple weeks! Busy does not even begin to describe my life right now! I'm a paraeducator/teacher/yearbook advisor/full time student which coupled with the holiday weekend last weekend led to me completely forgetting to log my weight! Yearbooks were released, three papers were due in my classes, plus work, argh! School is wrapping up with just over a week left with kids and then only a couple days of cleaning and packing up supplies for the summer. I'm excited to have a break from students, but will be working full time on my parents berry farm as well as taking at least three college course throughout the summer. However, I just saw a pic of a high school friend of mine that has really pushed me back in the game! She took on her weight loss challenge last summer and looks AMAZING! Plus her whole outlook on life has changed and I WANT that for me!!!
Ok, I need to crash as I still have two papers I need to write tomorrow plus I agreed to take my guy-friends daughter bra shopping as well... He also wants us to find non-short shorts for her... Any ideas? She's a size 6, 13 years-old, and I have a feeling will not be thrilled about this... Not to mention the fact that the majority of shorts out there now for casual wear are REALLY SHORT! Ugh, should be entertaining.
I promise to do personals when things calm down around here!
Old 06-02-2013, 02:36 AM   #33  
MF 3/31/13

S/C/G: 261/ticker/155 for now

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimL1214 View Post

Ok, I need to crash as I still have two papers I need to write tomorrow plus I agreed to take my guy-friends daughter bra shopping as well... He also wants us to find non-short shorts for her... Any ideas? She's a size 6, 13 years-old, and I have a feeling will not be thrilled about this... Not to mention the fact that the majority of shorts out there now for casual wear are REALLY SHORT! Ugh, should be entertaining.
!
I bought some cute (and cheap) shorts for my daughter at Old Navy earlier this spring. They had 3", 5", and 7" inseam options. The 5" are a nice mid-length. Not too short, but not Bermuda length either. They had lots of solid color choices as well as some fun prints. Good luck! Shopping with teens is my own personal he!!.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:02 AM   #34  
Nicole

S/C/G: 252/ticker/150

Height: 5' 10"

The scale didn't budge for me this week. But it didn't go up either, so I'll take it. The end of May is always hard. There's all the kids end of the year things - picnics, birthday parties etc. There's 3 birthdays in DH's family. Plus I haven't been running (back at it this week though, woo-hoo!), and that's A LOT of calories right there, about 3000 for the week with what my mileage should have been.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:44 AM   #35  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Hey Teamies!

Camping plus TOM absolutely killed me this week. It was the camping trip from Hades. I'm done tent camping FOREVER.

Nickel - I wish I could claim the same of "no gain". I'm up 4 lbs.

Superhero - 8lbs - great job!

Elizabeth - I hate when you get rolling on a post and it gets thrown into the abyss. I can't tell you how many times over the years I have involuntarily shouted obscenities because of this. We understand! Glad you posted though!

For all of you runners, I need your mojo. I just can't make myself want to do it. I know that I need to ditch about 20 lbs before I can really attempt it. My plantar fasciitis doesn't ever seem to leave until I'm under 200lbs. Any good tips on getting myself in the groove?

Hope you are all enjoying your Sunday. I'm gonna take some time to reassess some non weight related goals this afternoon. Looking forward to some me time.
Old 06-02-2013, 01:00 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/120

SuperHeroTeacher - 8 pounds is fantastic! I would be so excited whether it took 7 or 10 days.

I only lost 0.8 lbs this week which was disappointing because I started off so well and then stopped losing around Wednesday.
Old 06-02-2013, 04:28 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday.
Got my run in before the rain really started coming down.
Now working on those indoor activities- laundry, dishes etc in preparation for the week ahead.

Remember to post your weight.
What will you focus on as we move into week 3?
Old 06-02-2013, 05:00 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 231/219/170

Height: 5'6"

Hi all,
I arrived home yesterday and haven't stopped since! It's great to be back home. Just checking in while my daughter plays at the park with her friend.
I'll try and update more later when we get back home...
Old 06-02-2013, 08:03 PM   #39  

KimL - so glad to see you are back, I was worried about you. Your schedule makes me feel like a lazy bum, hope you can catch your breath once school is out.

SuperHeroTeacher - I don't think in my entire life I have ver had that big a loss. Good job!

Rated - only and lost are two words that should not be allowed in the same sentence. .8 is a very good pace. The last 20 lbs I have lost about 1/2 lbs at a time but I keep doing it week after week. Those partial pounds add up so keep up the good work.

Need to run, I will need to conclude personals after the grand kids leave.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:55 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Week 3 Chat Thread is up & running!