Old 05-28-2013, 06:37 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Hi Gang-
Home with a sick kid (just a fever) but thought I would have had a chance to get on here sooner. Where did they day go?

My eating is pretty OP most of the time as I'm going on intuitive eating. Plus I'm a creature of habit eating- keeping breakfast & lunch relatively the same day in/day out. That way I have more flexibility with dinner.

Exercise has traditionally been walking the dog with running (on occasion).
It's much more regular now that I am following an 8 w training plan for a half-marathon at the end of June. I am 4 weeks into the program and so far so good. I'm just doing the prescribed runs 3 times per week and I'm using walking as my cross-training. I haven't exercised this regularly since I started the Couch 2 5k, back in 2009.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:53 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 96/83.2/75

Height: 5'7"/170cm

Food wise, my week has started off really well. I've been under my calories every day and making pretty smart choices overall. I am having trouble lately drinking more water. It's strange, I work at 2 different schools and at the one I have no problem getting in 2-3 bottles of water a day but at the other one there are days I hardly finish 1.

Exercise is something else as I've been slacking all this week. I'm doing C25K program and have 4 runs left to do, though I'll probably do each twice as I've been having difficulty lately. Monday, it was pouring rain so I didn't want to go out and yesterday it was still wet and I got into a super minor car accident which had my emotions thrown all over the place. As I told my fiance, I was emotionally drained from the day and went to bed almost immediately after dinner. It looks like it's raining or about to start raining again now so I'm debating running again. My plan is to join the gym June 1st so in the back of my mind I'm telling myself just take a rest week as I'll be going to the gym at least 5 days a week, gotta get my moneys worth!
Old 05-29-2013, 12:25 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'7''

Doing well this week.
My baby is sick too Mel- We had PINK EYE- awesome.... seriously- I think I washed my hand raw over the last weekend. We have drops from the dr that worked super fast so things are back to normal now.
changergirl That's a good way to look at it- getting your money's worth I always like to divide my monthly dues by day and say- well today you better go or you wasted $5

Lost another pound which feels great. I hadn't lost since last week so I was starting to get a little down. I want to get as close to 172 as possible by Friday 174 is pretty darn close!
Old 05-29-2013, 12:33 PM   #19  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

Congrats to all the "losers" . . . . I hope everyone has a great week.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:51 PM   #20  

S/C/G: Restart 4-28-14 298/280.5/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone and congrats to Rated, Novus, Dahlia, Angiemama! We're off to a good start. It's been a year since I first started with Red Team, and I can say Red Team and the biggest loser challenges have seen me through "thick" and "thin."

I'm done with sore throat and congestion right now, so not going to gym, but hoping to feel better and get back soon.

Everyone hang in there and remember to drink your water.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:44 PM   #21  
Nicole

S/C/G: 252/ticker/150

Height: 5' 10"

Changergirl - Go run in the rain! It's not as bad as it sounds, and it totally makes you feel hardcore!

I am NOT enjoying the heat and humidity. Yuck! I guess we've reached the part of the year where I get up at 5 AM to run. Side note, I'm only 8 weeks away from my 1 year runiversary! I'm so proud of myself for sticking with it! I have a bad habit of quitting things before I have the chance to fail.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:12 PM   #22  

Nikel1979- That is absolutely amazing that you are so close to 1 year!! And you are right about running in the rain, I've done it before and it does feel awesome, I probably should have sucked it up.

angiemama- that's a great suggestion about breaking your gym days into $ amounts/day. I think I'll be paying about $60/month minimum (gym memberships in this country are ridiculously expensive) so it'll definitely motivate me to know how much money I'm losing if I don't go.

My weigh-ins are Thursday mornings which means that's today here. I'm quite happy with the 171 I saw. I was really hoping to be in the 160s by June 1st but my weigh loss has slowed down so much the last 2 months that I'm ecstatic I'm so close. Hopefully next week I'll see it!
Old 05-30-2013, 02:37 PM   #23  

Just popping in to say I hope you're all having a great week! Seems like the days just fly right on by when we do these competitions.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:05 PM   #24  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

I think I've found a way to control my calories better - eat less meat. I tried a new vegan korma recipe tonight - I got a lot of satisfaction for under 350 calories! I added a fat free plain Greek yogurt for protein and only 100 more calories.

As of today my weight is the same as last week. I saw the trainer today, so I'm hoping that doesn't mean a blip up in water weight for weigh in.

Nikel, I have yet to run in the rain. I got caught in a light drizzle once, but not real rain. I'm just not interested if its raining. Maybe someday.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:13 AM   #25  
Nicole

S/C/G: 252/ticker/150

Height: 5' 10"

NSV - I took my measurements today, since it's the end of the month. I've lost a little over 30 lbs total now, but at the end of April, I'd only lost 0.5 inch in my hips. It was getting discouraging, and nothing was fitting right anymore. I've always been pretty proportional at every weight, but I had lost several inches in the chest and waist and virtually nothing in the hips. I lost 1.5 inches off my hips in May!

Last edited by Nikel1979; 05-31-2013 at 08:13 AM.
Old 05-31-2013, 01:43 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikel1979 View Post
NSV - I took my measurements today, since it's the end of the month. I've lost a little over 30 lbs total now, but at the end of April, I'd only lost 0.5 inch in my hips. It was getting discouraging, and nothing was fitting right anymore. I've always been pretty proportional at every weight, but I had lost several inches in the chest and waist and virtually nothing in the hips. I lost 1.5 inches off my hips in May!
That is just wonderful, congratulations Nicole.

Boy this has been a strange week. Only 4 days long and it feels like Friday would never get here. Now that it is here I keep thinking it is Thursday. I would go have a cup of coffee to wake up my brain but I already had my two cups for the day so more isn't going to help me.

Well I have done pretty good with my food plan so far this week but my exercise, as usual, as been spotty. I forgot my fitbit a couple of days so I don't even know how I did those two days. The sad thing is, I realized I forgot the little guy AFTER I worked out and I reached for it to see how many steps I got in. Well I have it on today so I am going to go take a walk so I get it recorded. That way I will know how much I WOULD have recorded if I had bothered to put it on.

Have a good one everybody.

Last edited by EofAZ; 05-31-2013 at 01:53 PM.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:06 PM   #27  

Nikel1979- I'm completely with you on the measurements. Though I've lost my first 4 months of measurements (broken usb), the first couple months, I lost the most around my chest and waist which are less of problem areas than my hips/thighs. However the last 2 months I've seen great progress in those 2 areas which makes me so happy!
Old 05-31-2013, 11:18 PM   #28  

S/C/G: Restart 4-28-14 298/280.5/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone

Congrats to the winner and honobrable mentions.

I had a long post here on Monday night that went poof and now my head is too full of decongestants to remember what I said.

Something like well it's been a year now I've been involved on Red Team. I've been done with head cold this week, and don't have any news.

Hope everyone has a good weigh in this week.

Remnember to drink your water...
Old 06-01-2013, 02:38 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Hi gang,
Hope everyone's Saturday has started off well. I'm currently walking the dog after spending nearly 2 hours at a parent meeting for soccer. We have some sun today here after loads of rain the past week.

I'm trying to figure out when to fit my long run in. If I should squeeze it in today or plan for tomorrow when there is less on the agenda.

Eating has been relatively OP, except for this granola that dh bought. 1/2c is 259 calories. Luckily I'm treating it like a dessert, since a lot of the chunks are the size of cookies. But it's an ongoing battle to 'forget' it is in the pantry.

Everyone staying hydrated? Even with all the rain our air still feels dry, and as it gets warmer, above 60F, it's easier to drink just water, rather than resorting to coffee and tea.

Someone, was looking for exercises/quick workout. I tried the 7 min workout once and have to say it had my heart pumping. It is a set of 12 exercises, you do each exercise for 30 seconds and get a 10 second rest between. I need to try it again. I was using this version: 7 min workout
What it taught me is that 10 seconds is not a long time-LOL!

Enjoy the rest of your day. I have to work a fundraiser for the kids school tonight. We are raising $ for a new playground. I'm planning on having a drink or two

See you all tomorrow

Last edited by CanadaMel; 06-01-2013 at 02:42 PM.
Old 06-01-2013, 04:34 PM   #30  
MF 3/31/13

S/C/G: 261/ticker/155 for now

Holy whoosh-fairy! I just posted an 8 pound loss for this week!

In the spirit of full-disclosure, it was actually 10 days between my official Medifast weigh ins because I was out of town last weekend, but still, 8 POUNDS in 10 DAYS!!!