Old 10-01-2011, 05:43 PM   #76  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

BetteK...WOW...have you been very busy!! It is such hard work getting a room ready for new paint..but so nice once its all freshly painted!!! What color paint are you using??

Loved...did you find any good bargains at the flea market? I went to our farmers market and bought a lot of fresh veggies for the week!! It was a perfect day here today!! OMG...such a refreshing cool breeze...and down from 90 degrees yesterday to a pleasant 77!! this week i am baking butternut squash with maple syrup yum!!

rated...you are doing fantastic!!!! way to go!

mel...maybe you can do a walk / jog / walk / jog when you take the dog out to get your heart rate up??

shan...way to have an awesome week!!

jeanettey...i am STILL IN AWE OF YOU...your weight loss is coming along so well and how the heck do you do that elliptical thingy!! it is so hard to me!! i'd rather do jeanettey challenges!! hahaha

everyone enjoy the rest of the weekend!! i had a blast walking on the beach earlier and a picnic lunch!! then it was off to the farmers market for fresh veggies and now ready to grill out and hit the bowling alley!! fun times!!
Old 10-01-2011, 07:11 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 179/ticker/135

Everyone sounds like they are on track! I overate a bit today but my new tack is to burn off extra calories - in addition to daily workout. That will teach me!
Old 10-01-2011, 07:42 PM   #78  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris2008 View Post
Everyone sounds like they are on track! I overate a bit today but my new tack is to burn off extra calories - in addition to daily workout. That will teach me!
love your attitude.... already a plan in action for damage control!! way to go!!!
Old 10-01-2011, 10:29 PM   #79  

Hi Red Team
I had a great day today, this morning we went to the apple orchard and picked apples off the tree. I have a bushel of yummy fresh jonathan and yellow delicious apples that will last me into the winter. I also got 3 kinds of squash, fresh apple cider, and some cinnamon flavored honey. All locally grown. This afternoon I took DD's friend home and was able to stop at the cemetary and visit mom. I hadn't been there in a while and it was so beautiful there with the trees starting to change color and the corn about ready to pick (it's a rural family cemetary) Then finished my day by going to evening Mass. It was just a perfect fall day.

Rainbow Smiles- The paint color is called burnished clay, it's a light gray in the blue spectrum, and the trim is going to be pearl white.

I hope everyone has a great weigh in, I'm down 3 lbs this week, I hope I can keep it up, I have a goal to get below 220 by Jan 1st, only 13 lbs to go!

Have a great week
Bette K
Old 10-02-2011, 08:11 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 282/TICKER/140

Height: 5'6.5

Hi red team, it sounds like everyone is having a great week! Keep it up!

I have stayed the same this week.. since it's not a gain, I'll take it! I just started a new job and although I'll only be working a couple of days a week, I had to do training so I had minimal exercise time. I only got to work out twice! My eating was ok though which is probably why I managed to avoid a gain.

Does anyone have any advice on what to do if you don't like vegetables? I really can't stand most of them! I'm okay with raw carrot, celery, lettuce and cucumber but I really don't like any others. It wouldn't be so bad but I'm starting to get bored! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Keep up the good work reds!!
Old 10-02-2011, 11:28 AM   #81  
LGW
#justfortoday

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'

Checking in at 210.4 -- that's actually a gain -- for some reason I had this whoosh to 209 last Sunday and an almost immediate gain -- so I actually feel as if the 210 is a loss if that makse sense. I was hanging in the 212-214 range for over a month, so hopefully I'm on my way to a downward trend here. On my way to the grocery store to start the week off right!
Old 10-02-2011, 12:02 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Week 2 is nearly in the books

Let finish strong RED TEAM

Remember to post your weights by 6pm central

Have a great day
Old 10-02-2011, 12:22 PM   #83  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

I'm sorry red team -- I've had some sodium/water retention issues this week and I'm up 3.6lbs, I thought it would have been gone by today. I can guarantee you it's not from calories and I'll be drinking water and eating asparagus like crazy this week to make sure it's gone again by next week! I hope you guys fared better than I did.
Old 10-02-2011, 12:32 PM   #84  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

Good luck to everyone with weigh in.

I pulled my huge loss like I said I would. WOOHOO! I don't think I've ever lost so much in one week. I'm working my butt off with this new lifestyle change. I'm feeling great too! I also lost 14 inches on top of the 18.2lbs from this past week.

Now to work on week three. See you all later.
Old 10-02-2011, 12:51 PM   #85  

Hi Red Team
Hye Aseret, I saw your post in not likeing vegesand since I'm the master ofhiding veges in food let me give you some hints. First is my famous squash burgers, initially made and given to 2 teen boys when I was short of hamburger. They didn't know the difference. grate or grind a zuccini or other summer squash and mix well with a pound of hamburger. I sometimes throw in an egg for a binder , then make patties and cook like usual, they are so much moister than regular hamburgers and you cannot taste the squash. Next I've put zuccini into about anything, it's great in brownies, carrot cake ( very moist and doesn't need frosting.) You can aso puree any type of vege and add it to soups, gravy, or anything you you would use liquids for. I'm not a big fan of mashed cauliflower, but that's just because I like mine barely cooked, but it is a substitute for potatos, if you want to you could mix 1/2 with potatos to get the potato taste. Also have you tried your veges raw or barely cooked, I don't like my veges cooked too much, I prefer the crunch.

I hope I've given you an idea of things you can do to change the taste of veges, you can also try different spices to hide the tast, like curried veges, or with nutmeg or other strong spice. Just ry something new and you might find veges are your new best friend.

Have a great week.
Bette K
Old 10-02-2011, 03:00 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 179/ticker/135

Shan - How in the world did you lose so much weight? Did you visit the Ranch this week?
Old 10-02-2011, 04:13 PM   #87  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

Nope didn't go to the ranch. I've been researching a different lifestyle change and although its controversial it was discussed on Dr. Oz. So I'm doing it and 10 days in now and doing phenominal!
Old 10-02-2011, 04:52 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 222/156.0/145

Height: 5'7''

I hope everyone had a great week! I bought a puppy on Monday and am having trouble finding time to get online. Weight loss is good, though!
Old 10-02-2011, 05:06 PM   #89  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan84 View Post
Nope didn't go to the ranch. I've been researching a different lifestyle change and although its controversial it was discussed on Dr. Oz. So I'm doing it and 10 days in now and doing phenominal!
what are you doing? that is a phenomenal loss!! awesome job!
Old 10-02-2011, 08:02 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 282/TICKER/140

Height: 5'6.5

Thank you very much Bette K, I'll definitely be trying the squash burgers!

Shan84, woah!!! Way to go, wish I could lose that much in a week!

AnonymouslyYours, what kind of puppy did you get? What's his name? I love animals, the effort it takes to care for them is so worth the rewards