Old 09-27-2011, 08:15 PM   #31  

Height: 5' 8"

Congratulations on all the losses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennay View Post
My challenge this week is that I have been bouncing off 161.4 for 4 months. I need to go lower and break through and it seems to be a stubborn little plateau.
I am SO READY to be out of the 160s too.

One of my goals this week is to get more sleep. I am heading to bed early tonight, then getting up early to type a report that is due tomorrow. I am too tired to complete it tonight.

Last edited by envelope; 09-27-2011 at 08:16 PM.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:31 PM   #32  
going for gold

Good morning everyone
Glad to see everyone is in high spirits
bad start to the week for me, i had a bit of a binging spree yesterday afternoon and monday afternoon.... and its been raining and the weather is terrible and cold!! i think i need to take the advice on my fridge (post it notes) and go out for a walk when i feel the urge to open that fridge for no good reason... and im not even hungry when i do it, i just do it because i can... im going to clean out my cupboard and fridge this afternoon and get rid of things that i clearly cannot control myself around... i hvnt jumped on the scale and not sure i will for a few days until ive sorted myself out!!!

hope everyone else is having a better week so far
Old 09-27-2011, 11:27 PM   #33  

Hello Everyone! Great job Somni and the honorable mentions ... actually, great job to everyone! I went out and got batteries for my scale today so I can't wait to weigh myself in the morning. I feel really bloated, so I'm not expecting to see a huge loss. Tomorrow is National Walk Your Kid to School Day so I'll be walking my daughter to school. It's a 15 minute walk and I plan to do Couch to 10K after I drop her off. It will be day 1 for me. Wish me luck, I have never been a runner even as a kid/teen but that is something I want to change.

Off to bed ... gotta get rested for tomorrow
Old 09-28-2011, 01:11 AM   #34  

hi just popping in to say goodnight I was up early making flowers then headed to work where I was busy all day and then home to make more flowers. its after 11 now so need to sleep.
I've read the posts but no time for personals right now sorry. keep on chatting though I'll be back tomorrow.
night
Old 09-28-2011, 10:09 AM   #35  

Morning,
Just checking in before work. I hope everyone has a great OP day.

Lets see if you can also add 25 of each squats, lunges, push-ups, and sit-ups to you workout routine today:-)

Talk to you later.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:53 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

I had an interesting workout this morning. After the first hour my stomach started cramping really bad. At one point I was curled in a ball almost crying, it felt like i was in labor. The pain was coming around all sides of my stomach from top to bottom, very sharp pains all over. It has continued even after the workout, but I kept going and made it through the workout. I had to stop and sat bent over in the bathroom for awhile and it still continued, so i would workout until it started, then stop and bend over until it passed.

I have been working out a lot, plus eating a new yogurt which has probiotics, and have been on a broccoli kick the past couple days. Maybe it is just fiber overload? It HURT so bad. I was imagining myself on the "I didn't know I was pregnant" show explaining how I gave birth while working out to the biggest loser recording the pain was that bad!

faithfamfriend -- let us know how the first day of the plan went!

Andynoo -- I have issues with binging as well It is so tough to overcome, but for me it is helping to deal with the emotional issues behind the binging (now that I realize there are emotional issues). It helps to plan out meals and drink tons of water after a binge.

tinneranne --Every pound counts, so don't beat yourself up!

slowrunner -- walking can be great exercise! It is better than sitting on the couch and accepting defeat...proud of you for not considering that an option.

NancyO -- How is it going getting up early to workout?
Old 09-28-2011, 11:00 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 278/243.2/175

Height: 5'2

I had a great loss last week after a major stall. This week Ive weighed every day and it shows my weight going back up which i know is impossible! Ive been on track every day! Im going to have to stop getting on the scale--the fluctuations put me in a bad frame of mind.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:29 AM   #38  
~Kim~

Hey everyone. I hope you're all having a good day.

It was supposed to be a C25K day but it's been raining all morning so I biked 10 miles instead. I'm getting ready to do my kickboxing workout to finish up my exercise for the day.

I'm feeling really upbeat today. My husband has been away since mid June for school with the army, but exactly a month from today I get to pick him up from the airport. I really want it to be a great month. I'm already at a weight he hasn't seen me at in years, but I really want to blow him away when he gets home. =)
Old 09-28-2011, 01:56 PM   #39  
Queen of Wishful Thinking

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 5'6

Purple - it could a fiber-thing, but it reminds me of my gall bladder attacks. I started having them after losing about 40 lbs back in 2003. If you have this happen again and get it checked out, I strongly urge you to have an ultrasound, not a CT scan (which is what was originally done on me and showed nothing). Also, everyone who "felt" my abdomen, said my gall bladder felt fine.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:05 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 223/181/160

Height: 5'7

WOOOOOOOOOO WEDNESDAY!

Someone PLEASE tell my why I do squats? My legs are on FIRE! I took a day off yesterday but ate within my calorie limit. Got back into the gym and did some cardio. Im hoping to get some weights in tomorrow.

Blah the scale isnt moving humph. BUT Ive gone down some inches so Maybe im holding in some water that needs to not be there. Time to flush the system out.

Question for anyone doing c25k. Is anyone using the iphone/ipod app? If so do you like it?
Old 09-29-2011, 12:03 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

tinneranne2, Narnia99, Purple: Thanks for the encouragement! I'm still feeling the strain at random moments, so I'm certainly going to get my rest.

And sorry, I didn't mean to imply that walking isn't exercise - I'm just rather competitive with myself, and walking is one of those activities I never feel like I can "improve" at measurably, so I get bored easily.

Of course, I haven't really gotten any activity in so far since Monday, as TOM arrived full of anger and vile intentions, and I spent almost the entire day in bed yesterday. My pain meds for the pulled muscle did nothing for me, and I didn't want to mix meds, so I just had to suffer through. Today's a bit better, so I want to get out and move!

On the bright side, as of this morning, I was down 1 lb from last week! Even without the exercise, I guess something must be going right.

Purple: Could it be constipation? Some of the worst stomach pain I've had in my life came from serious constipation, though gall bladder pain was right up there, too. I think if you do find yourself in pain like that, it's probably a good idea to rest for the day. I hope you've gotten it sorted out by now - please let us know!

halo: I love those fluctuations! I don't know how people can go a week without weighing, actually. Weighing every day makes me feel more in tune with my body because I can see the direct results of my eating/exercise every day. When the scale goes up or down, I can usually identify why that happened. And if it's an upswing, that helps me stay on track even better because I know I need to be diligent.

faith: How was your first day? You can do it!

Bigmid: Thanks for keeping up the encouragement every day! Was just sitting here wishing I could do those squats and lunges you were talking about!
Old 09-29-2011, 08:56 AM   #42  
Go Blue!

S/C/G: 286.8/180.6/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenMarie720 View Post
Question for anyone doing c25k. Is anyone using the iphone/ipod app? If so do you like it?
I really like this app - it has a lot of options, a lot that you can customize (when you want the audio alerts, music shuffling, creating playlists in app as well as adding playlists you already have made, etc), the tracking is nice. My brother has been using it and really loves it too and loves to post his runs to his facebook.

Though it's 2.99 for the app and an extra .99 for gps support with iphones if I remember right so there may be other apps out there that work just as well for a little cheaper!
Old 09-29-2011, 01:22 PM   #43  
Nancy is on the go again

S/C/G: 190/ticker/140

Height: 5'3'

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenMarie720 View Post
Someone PLEASE tell my why I do squats? My legs are on FIRE!...
Bahahahah! I feel the FIRE! My Zumba class was doing squats to one of them songs, and boy, are my legs 'noodlely'
Old 09-29-2011, 05:40 PM   #44  
~Being Positive~

S/C/G: 238/211/150

Height: 5'4

This week I have started back on my 30Day Meal Plan and I have been feeling bloated and not like I'm losing anything. Yesterday I went for a bike ride with my son for 45min and today I did something I never thought I would consider doing! I work in an office on the 33rd floor and I took the stairs all the way down. Although my legs seemed wobbly when I finished, I felt GOOD inside because I finished. Maybe one day I will be able to come up.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:09 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 223/181/160

Height: 5'7

Somni--That was actually the app I was looking at on my phone. I can put out the 2.99 and extra .99 for it. ha. I think Im going to start it next Monday.

Little AH thats how I feel and then I realized that after all the squats I did I jumped onto the leg press too so I am sure that had something to do with it also. My legs are ok today.

I swear the scale had been the bane of my existance this week. BUT I got on today and FINALLY it moved. I hate when its up one day and down the next but Thankfully it went down that pound! WOOT I wanna be out of the 190s SO BAD!