Old 05-25-2011, 06:59 PM   #16  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

Beth-Love your enthusiasm! It is going to be a great summer meltdown!

peanut- Welcome back for another challenge! Congrats on breaking into onderland! GO YOU!!!

Shay- Welcome back to the challenges! You said this is a busy time of year for work, mind if I ask what you do? I hope we are all shrinking this summer!

boatgirl16- HUGE oversight on my part. My apologies! Your on the red team though! WOOHOO! Welcome

djs06- Welcome to the challenge!

K3LL3Y- Welcome to the challenge too! I hope we have some major meltage this summer (myself included!).

OhMyDogs- First off, congrats on naming the challenge! I'm a fellow calorie counter as well. Your summer activities for you and the kids sound great. Good luck on reaching your goal of the 230s. You can do it!

HMM3- It's winter for you....bummer. But you can pretend and be in a summer state of mind with all of us. Where are you from? Good luck on the challenge.

lostangel05- Welcome to the challenge!

LongTallBee- Looking forward to getting to know you too. How old are you? Where are you from? What diet plan are you following? Good luck in the challenge!

Dog Resue Mama- Welcome to the challenge. I love newbies! Yes, each week the team leader will total the teams percentage and weight loss numbers. This will determine a biggest loser and honorable mentions each week for each team, as well as an overall biggest loser of the week and the winning team of the week. There are no eliminations unless you use both of your 2 freebies and then miss another weigh in. Good luck on the challenge. 6 weeks on plan is totally impressive!!

erin9598- Welcome to your first challenge!! Accountability is so important. In my own weight loss journey I have faced many struggles, but coming here and being accountable helps me stay on track. As Peanutt pointed out in another thread, "Lose, Gain, or Maintain we are in this together". We are all human!

ggmugsy- I love your story you shared. A "Happiness Journey" sounds like something we could all benefit from a little bit in our lives. I'm with you on living like a BL contestant. I'll be doing it from August 2011-May 2012. Welcome back to the challenge!

Rainbowsmiles- Where are you?

Last edited by shan84; 05-25-2011 at 07:00 PM.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:04 PM   #17  
MeTime

A little background on me-

I started my weight loss journey with this BL challenge about 4 challenges ago. I have been a leader for the past 3 of those challenges. In 2010 I lost 127lbs. I have since put some of it back on. I am not proud of that and it makes its a daily struggle to stay committed to my plan. However, I know once I reach my goal I will be a healthier and happier me. I've from the states but I have been a teacher in South Korea for the past three years. I have a wonderful amazing boyfriend who is currently doing a 1 year around the world travel adventure. I will be finishing my current contract in Korea in 6 weeks and I will be returning to the states. August 2011-May 2012 I will be staying with my sister in Denver to do nothing but commit myself completely to my weight loss journey. I have worked tirelessly to save enough money so I don't have to work too much while I'm there. I also plan on having some world travel fun with my boyfriend in July in the states, as well as in December/January as we travel in Europe. Well, thats my story so far, but I'm still writing it......
Old 05-26-2011, 12:07 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 252/225/180

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan84 View Post
A little background on me-

I started my weight loss journey with this BL challenge about 4 challenges ago. I have been a leader for the past 3 of those challenges. In 2010 I lost 127lbs. I have since put some of it back on. I am not proud of that and it makes its a daily struggle to stay committed to my plan. However, I know once I reach my goal I will be a healthier and happier me. I've from the states but I have been a teacher in South Korea for the past three years. I have a wonderful amazing boyfriend who is currently doing a 1 year around the world travel adventure. I will be finishing my current contract in Korea in 6 weeks and I will be returning to the states. August 2011-May 2012 I will be staying with my sister in Denver to do nothing but commit myself completely to my weight loss journey. I have worked tirelessly to save enough money so I don't have to work too much while I'm there. I also plan on having some world travel fun with my boyfriend in July in the states, as well as in December/January as we travel in Europe. Well, thats my story so far, but I'm still writing it......
I LOVE that you and the rest of the team are excited about LIFE. I am so happy to be on the RED team and plan on working very hard.
Cheers
Old 05-26-2011, 12:18 AM   #19  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Hey all. I am cassie, I know a few of you from our boot camp challenge and can't wait to get to know the rest of you! I am 21 and currently weigh 276 pounds I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2007 and suffered from bursting cysts on my varies until about 6 mos ago when I said enough was enough, pulled myself out of my depression and cracked down. I slipped up a big and hit it hardcore in late February. I am down about 30 lbs since then. I love the biggest loser even tho I rarely get to watch it, I barely missed the last challenge. It had just closed when I found it and waited a long time for this one to begin. I can't wait to get started and for the red team to win it! woot woot!
Old 05-26-2011, 02:17 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 211/see ticker/145

Hello All you Beautiful People!!!!

I am so excited to start this challenge with all of you! I had started a challenge a while back but didnt finish and I was an unofficial member last challenge. But this time...im in it until the end!! ( hopefully!!)

A little bit about me....

I am 26, I have been overweight most of my life. It got really bad in college when i gained the "freshman 15"..which in my case was the "freshman 25". After that I headed to med school where I didnt have time for anything but studying, I also my met my boyfriend there....and with all that i gained another 30 lbs. After finishing my first two years, i moved back home to study for my boards...and moving back home was a hard adjustment, I went into depression and gained more weight there. And here i am now, trying to recover, get myself back together and be as strong as I can be while studying for my boards which are in 3 weeks!!

Good Luck to everyone here!!
Old 05-26-2011, 05:09 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 93/78/65 kg

Height: 172 cm

Thanks for the welcome Shan .... I'm in New Zealand ... and I'd love to get in a summer mindset ... although it is hard with the ole frosty mornings .... but the plan is by our summer I'm truely all melted!!!

I'm a teacher too ..... and I have three girls 9, 5, and 3 ....... I live in a small town in the North island of our beautiful country ....

Kneedtolose ... sounds like you have a lot on your plate ... take it easy ..... good luck .... lets hope we can do it together ...

GO RED !!!!!
Old 05-26-2011, 12:07 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Good morning everybody!

Peanutt - Congratulations on your success the last challenge and in losing into onderland! We're almost neighbors! I live in N. Idaho.

Shan 84 - Cool background info! Great job saving $ so you can focus on YOU for a while. It helped me a lot a few years ago and it's already working for me again this summer. Your break in Colorado will be a priceless time in your life! Awesome you get to spend it with your sister.

HMM3 - One of my goals in the future is to be a traveling nurse in Australia and in New Zealand! I set up operations in NZ, Aus, and Tazmania for my last company but I haven't been there. I can hardly wait to visit.

SMSDreamer - Good for you not letting the PCOS keep you down. I've seen how a positive (or negative) attitude can affect people will chronic illness and a positive outlook is priceless. Keep your chin up. I wish you huge success this challenge.

kneed2lose - We have a lot in common! It's shocking to me how many women studying health care completely let themselves go during school. One girl in my class gained 20 pounds the first semester. I'm bound and determined to regain healthy habits prior to the start of school in mid-August. Good luck studying for your boards and with your future career!

Hope everybody has a healthy, and energetic day!

Last edited by ggmugsy; 05-26-2011 at 12:09 PM.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:30 PM   #23  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

Hello RED team!

What are doing to get some exercise today?

Today I did 80 pushups and 120 situps (as part of the 100 pushups and 200 situps challenges), and then did the Biggest Loser Cardio Max DVD.

What is your plan today? Share with us!

Last edited by bethbeth; 05-26-2011 at 04:31 PM.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:36 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 179/ticker/135

Hey everyone!! How about the BL finale this week! Olivia and Hannah look great! They worked really hard!

I'm a calorie counter and I go to WW also. Exercise is treadmill, elliptical, yoga, dog walking, weights.

Dog Rescue Mama - We are about the same weight with the same goals and both do dog rescue! I'll be checking in with you to see how we're doing! Your 100% for 6 weeks is an inspiration!
Old 05-26-2011, 09:07 PM   #25  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris2008 View Post
Hey everyone!! How about the BL finale this week! Olivia and Hannah look great! They worked really hard!
hi kris....i so agree...they both looked amazing and never seemed to have lost one minute of focus the entire time!! what an inspiration!! they always seemed to have such a good positive attitude and they just kept on pushing through every week!!! i so need that!! LOL
hows your progress going? hugs susan
Old 05-26-2011, 09:23 PM   #26  

Hi everyone!!!
I am super excited to be here and a part of this! It's my first challenge and I just joined this site- so the accountable and support arrived just in time!
Can't wait to get to know each of you better! We can do this!!!!
Old 05-26-2011, 09:29 PM   #27  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutt View Post
Great answer! There's one man at work that keeps saying "Whoa, you keep getting smaller!" to which I reply "That's the whole idea...."

This is my busiest time of year at work too. The upside is that I'm up and walking almost all day long, but the downside is the stress level being higher and having less time to focus on my food and meals.
Thanks !I live in my car this time of year. If I don't plan it begins a huge downward cycle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggmugsy View Post
Hey SHAY!!! I remember you from a few years ago! Good to see you!
It's great to see you too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan84 View Post
Shay- Welcome back to the challenges! You said this is a busy time of year for work, mind if I ask what you do? I hope we are all shrinking this summer!
I'm a Therapeutic Recreation Programmer. I supervise recreation programs for individuals with disabilities. I will be supervising 3 camp programs this summer in addition to inclusion, some adapted classes, and going with my Special Olympics athletes to the state games. I plan on buying a cooler to keep in my car. Let me start looking now because it has got to be cute .

Last edited by Shay; 05-26-2011 at 09:30 PM.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:12 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 201/ see ticker/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris2008 View Post

I'm a calorie counter and I go to WW also. Exercise is treadmill, elliptical, yoga, dog walking, weights.

Dog Rescue Mama - We are about the same weight with the same goals and both do dog rescue! I'll be checking in with you to see how we're doing! Your 100% for 6 weeks is an inspiration!

i'm at 172.5 this morning so we are super close! I'd love a weight loss buddy! Do you do all breed or breed speccific? We are opening a facility in the next 6 or so months, super excited. Right now we are on 2 1/2 acres and handle about 50 to 60 dogs at a time. We adopt around 30 a month but this month has been killer on us and when the bank for the rescue is empty i buy the food out of pocket annd we go through 100lbs a day or so! I'm so behind in listing dogs that few are even posted right now so not helping things but our volintears have gotten less with gas going up! I swear my daily workout is scooping poop and grooming dogs! We are one of the very few rescues that will take in and rehab agressives so we stay beyond busy! If you wanna know a bit about us you can go to K9Northwest dot com. We made some big headlines out here when we saved the last 30 camp wolfgang dogs in texas, that place was doggy h**L!!!!
Old 05-27-2011, 08:34 AM   #29  
MeTime

I've really focused on my food this week and I am showing an awesome loss so far. Can't wait for our first weigh in next week. This next week my goal is to add my exercise back in via Wii games, WATP dvds, and outside walking (assuming the rain stays away).

How's everyone else doing this week?

Last edited by shan84; 05-27-2011 at 09:39 AM.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:22 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 224/See ticker/135

Hi team! I'm 18 and I have a goal of losing between 20-30 this challenge. (Love how it ends right before my birthday. (And if I could get to a size 10 or 8 by the end that would be amazing)

I' going to use the 30 day shred and power 90.

Good luck team.