Old 02-23-2011, 10:19 PM   #46  
Persistance loses weight

S/C/G: 216/177/136

Height: 5'7"

Jaytee- Congrats on wonder-land. Reaching it was probably the happiest day of my weight loss journey. You must be thrilled.

Charlie & Peanutt- Feel better! Please take care of yourselves!

Angie- It can be so frustrating to stick to your plan and not lose. Stick with it and you will do great!

I went to my first zumba class tonight. It was really fun, although I am TERRIBLE. I also question whether it burns as many calories as it alleges, but I will stick with it as it is WAY more fun than ellipticalling.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:12 PM   #47  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

Red Team Week 6 Results

Biggest Loser-
peanutt, -4lbs, -2.15%

Honorable Mentions-
Charlie June, -5lbs, -2.04%
JayTee, -3lbs, -1.47%
Old 02-23-2011, 11:35 PM   #48  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

The blue team won the overall biggest loser this week and the week 6 weigh in. We need to step it up for this week ladies. It's hump day which means we have plenty of time to turn it around.

JayTee- Sorry I haven't pledged yet. I would feel bad pledging and then having nothing to show for it. I've been back at the gym this week but I'm not showing any weight loss even though I'm burning tons of calories and sweatig my butt off. So I'm afraid to pledge something. Put me down for a loss of some kind, I hope.

Rainbow- Kudos to you for all your encouragement to the team. It's a great addition to the team to have such a genuine cheerleader available day in and day out.

Skinnycow- Hang in there with the zumba. It's loads of fun. Wish they had it here in SK so I could do it.

Well ladies, I'm hanging in here. Like I said, I've been on point for food and exercise for going on two weeks now and not seeing any results from it. Getting concerned about my water intake, but I'm drinking a lot and I'm staying hydrated. I have been eating a larger amount of fruits lately and I'm wondering if that is affecting anything. Also, my leg muscles and arm muscles ache like crazy. It's hard to walk let alone try to sit down to use the restroom (TMI I know). But its true. My trainer really did me in on Tuesday. Now its Thursday and tonight I have another round of Hot Yoga. Yesterday I went to the gym ten minutes early and after the elliptical I had a nice small sweat going into yoga...but BOY did I SUPER SWEAT inside the actual class. Just really impatient and ready to start seeing results on the scale too.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:16 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 290.6/278.8/135

Height: 5'5"

CONGRATS Peanutt, CharlieJune, and JayTee!!!!! And super congrats to JayTee for hitting Onederland!!!!!!

WOOT!!!!!

GOOD MORNING RED TEAM!!!!!

That's IT! I am so DONE with stupid Golden Corral. My husband and I went out (again) last night for dinner. I always think to myself "I'll stick with the veggies and the salad bar and avoid the dessert buffet." But does that ever happen? Oh heck no. So, I vow to NOT go to Golden Corral again (or any other restaurant where making a healthy food choice is hard) until this challenge is over! I don't have the willpower to say no when it's in front of me. Therefore, I just have to keep it from getting in front of me in the first place.

Tonight my husband is working so my daughter and I are planning to go to my mom's for turkey sandwiches with tomato and cucumbers for dinner.

Come on Friday!!!!! This weekend is going to be so busy but it's going to be so fun too! My best friend and I are renting a tiller from Home Depot and are going to plant gardens. He's doing a vegetable garden and I am doing a flower garden. I have a list of all the shrubs, trees, and flowers I am buying tomorrow night. He already has his plants. We're getting up early and going to Home Depot when they open at 8:00AM and spending the day digging in our yards. Talk about some exercise!!!! That should help burn off some of this crappy Golden Corral dinner last night.

Amazon says our order has shipped so anyday now I am hoping to get a package with my new laptop power cord! Then I can get on here at home and finally update my poor blog!

Last edited by CourtneyDaisey; 02-24-2011 at 08:17 AM. Reason: I can't spell this morning apparently.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:48 AM   #50  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

RED TEAM LOST AGAIN?!?!

SARGE IS...

And this posted on Blue Thread this morning:
Congratulations Blue Team for winning week # 6!
That makes us 4-2 in favor of Blue, but who's counting!

Now Sarge is @#!@!!

Last edited by JayTee; 02-24-2011 at 09:12 AM.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:16 AM   #51  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

Default ooooooooooooo Jay Tee

OK, so much happening . . . I don't know where to start . . .

SARGE JAY TEE

IS IN

ONE-DER-LAND

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Yea, we lost again . . . so it's time to BUMP IT UP OR IS THAT HUMP IT UP . . . LOLOLOLOL but seriously, if we are all losing (pounds), then EVERYONE WINS!!!

JayTee: I love the pics I don't know where you find all these pics, but they are SOOO GREAT!!

Rainbow: Glad you are feeling a bit better. I'm still laughing about SARGE chasing Beetle Bailey . . . too funny . . .

Peanut: YOU ARE THE BIGGEST LOSER!!! Feel BETTER SOON!!!

CharlieJune: TO YOU TOO!! WOW, I didn't realize you lost 5 pounds . . . WOW!! Hope you feel better soon, then you'll be walking those 2 miles . . . OH YEAH!!

Courtney: Ohhhhh girl, you crack me up . . . NO MORE GOLDEN CORRAL FOR YOU !!!! LOLOLOL Plant that garden . . . I planted my peppers the other day . . . they will be inside for at least 2 months before they can go outside . . . oh I need to live in a warmer climate . . .

Shan - I would be SOOOOOOOOOOOO intimidated by a personal trainer . . . HE might make me melt my BUTT-er . . . keep at it and it will MELT AWAY!!!

SkinnyCow: ZUMBA!! I am terrible too, I have the DVD's, have done the instructional video and done most of the others SEVERAL times and gone to the neighbors to do ZUMBA Wii . . . and I still can't really do some of the moves . . . moving feet & hips & arms & shoulders . . . OH MY, it's a wonder I haven't tripped over my own feet and broken something . . . BUT hang in there, you will get better and it is DEFINITELY more fun than the elliptical !!!

Angie - JUST HANG IN THERE . . . change things up, if need be . . . You WILL BE OUT OF THE 220's SOON!!! YOU CAN DO IT, MELT THAT BUTT-ER!!!

The weekend is almost here and I am OFF work . . . SOOOO glad, planning to go DANCING on Sunday evening. Going to hear a Mexican band play . . . maybe I can put that ZUMBA to good use . . . LOLOLOL I'm so uncoordinated . . . but it should be fun and they are more known for their romantic music so I might be OK . . .
Old 02-24-2011, 12:26 PM   #52  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Ugh. Well, color me disenchanted, another on plan day, another 1lb gained. Unbelievable…I could understand sitting still, or bouncing around even, but just gain after gain? It seems to me that I shed water each day, but between when I go to sleep and when I wake up my fingers feel pudgy, are there other causes of water retention that I’m overlooking?
Today I thought I could give in and just indulge in some off plan food, but I decided to go to the other extreme instead. I had turkey sausages for breakfast, but for the rest of today I am a vegan. I brought fresh raw veggies for lunch and will also stick to veggies for dinner, plus lots and lots of water today. I’m going to flush this damn sodium and water out if it kills me. (PS -- I hope its okay for vegans to eat a tablespoon of lite ranch as dip -- I can’t stand eating broccoli raw without it.) I only have a few more days to make it into the 2-teens for February, which is my adjusted goal for this month.

Rainbowsmiles -- Thanks I am trying to keep calm and just look at this logically -- after all if I keep making good choices things have to change eventually, right?

Jaytee -- Yes, I’m upping my water intake too, back to drinking my big big 24 oz container at night, that it one habit that got away from me. Congrats on making it to Onederland!!

MadameButterfly -- The change I think I need is exercise, which does not come naturally to me…I need to get moving more. I’m thinking of starting a C25K

Congratulations Peanutt on being the biggest loser last week!!

Last edited by Angie; 02-24-2011 at 12:30 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:48 PM   #53  
Restarting AGAIN

S/C/G: 167/114/140/see ticker/105

Height: not quite 5'

Posted my weigh-in for this week, and the scale was in a good mood today. We have a snow day here and my workout partner called last night to cancel our morning cardio today. I can walk to the gym, so I will try to head over there later on. And, hopefully the roads will be clear long before tae kwon do time tonight.

We are over half way there! Go Red team!
Old 02-24-2011, 01:02 PM   #54  
SARGE

To my Blue posting friend who has since removed her comment about the score being 4-2 wins in favor of blue, but who's counting.... kiss my ever shrinking butt-er!

Any "blue-sers" over there wanna take me on one-n-one? C'mon, bring it!

is still very, very @$#!@
Old 02-24-2011, 06:53 PM   #55  
SARGE

Shan--I don't necessarily agree with Rainbow on getting on board the "pledge train." Fact of the matter, weight loss is a personal decision. You're either in, or you're just thinking about it, hoping for it, and dabbling around a bit here and there. Believe me, I've been there. It took me two years to find the motivation to say enough is enough. I had stuffed my face one night and I couldn't move or turn over in bed without heartburn. I absolutely disgusted myself. That was my low point.

One of our teammates recently said weight loss takes 110% effort each and every day and that is absolutely true. Sarge can't watch over you every day nor can I make you lose weight. I can only encourage you all to really, really give it your best. It's much easier to cut calories consumed than burn them off with exercise. The choices you make are yours alone. You know you can drive by a buffet! You don't need to eat chocolate! We're bombarded by information on what is healthy to eat so there really are no excuses.

Our bodies are machines and the formula is simple. Calories in vs. calories out. I wish I could offer up more of a "pep talk," but I decided to direct my discouragement over our team losing every weigh in since "Dorabegone" dumped all over Rainbow to kicking my own butt-er into CRUSH BLUE mode.

For the time being, Sarge is on furlough but working hard...the games are OVER!

Old 02-24-2011, 10:36 PM   #56  
It's mine for the taking

:thanx: Rainbowsmiles -- I'm off to bed and wishing for my whoosh in the morning. Wish me luck!
Old 02-25-2011, 09:16 AM   #57  
It's mine for the taking

I dropped 1lb this morning, but that still leaves me 2lbs above last weeks weigh in -- lots of work to do today and tomorrow so that I can post a loss by Sunday. Sticking to plan again today, it is going to pay off sooner or later.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:57 AM   #58  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

Sorry I've been MIA guys. This week is really kicking my butt, both at work and at home. I'm absolutely miserable that I haven't gotten in a good workout in a week because of this sickness I can't get rid of fully. I'm hoping a good restful weekend will help me get over the last of this.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:09 PM   #59  
Persistance loses weight

S/C/G: 216/177/136

Height: 5'7"

Sorry I've been absent! With the current state of international affairs (earthquakes, uprising, revolutions), my job has gotten crazy (plus the new puppies)!!! I think we've worked it all out for now though!

This morning I was down, so hopefully that holds tomorrow at my meeting for my official weigh-in. I've been up and down so much lately, it's really making me question my daily weighing strategy!

I need to buy some new workout clothes so I am styling for my Yoga/Pilates classes next week. What do people recommend?
Old 02-25-2011, 01:08 PM   #60  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

RAINBOW, I'M RIGHT HERE!!! LOLOLOL

Work has been crazy this week and I've been getting out late EVERY night . . . UGH and OH NO . . . so I get home late and then by the time I get into bed, it's after midnight . . . UGH!! I can't seem to sleep late so I get up and do my Jillian, eat breakfast, pack supper for work that night and then I'm tired so a quick nap before work . . . <sigh> but tonight is my last night and then OFF FOR THE WEEKEND!!!! THANK GOODNESS!!

Peanut: Here's a cup of tea for you I hope you feel better SOON!!

Angie: WTG, now you're headed in the right direction

Rainbow; I love the percentage thing . . . TO ALL OF US !!!

OK I have THREE PICS, open them if you dare

The first one is TOOOOOOO CUTE
The second, just in case you need some motivation before weigh in
The third . . . I just can't stop laughing . . . maybe I have a sick sense of humor . .

WEIGH IN IS UPON US . . . DON'T FORGET!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tiny-Cat[1].jpg (19.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Motivation[1].jpg (27.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Note-To-Self[1].jpg (33.2 KB, 10 views)