Old 01-12-2011, 10:58 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 214/210/150

Height: 5'6"

Bobbi: I think that's a great question. My number one fitness/weight loss tip would be one mistake does not ruin your plans. I try to always keep that in my mind, because as a grad student stress, lack of money, and shortage of time all combine in ways that sometimes have me eating one or two meals off plan. I just have to remember that those meals don't mean anything, and to get back on plan asap!

Yesterday went much better than Monday. As I expected, the scale showed a tiny gain (due to my not eating much at all on Monday I imagine), but I'm considering only Saturday's weight as 'real' in terms of tickers and weigh-ins. I'm still down 8lbs since the start of the year, and every time I want to go off plan I just remind myself of that, and keep on going.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:48 AM   #62  
calorie counting works!

S/C/G: 171/ticker/135

My number one tip is to plan ahead. Plan your meals/calories before you eat them, and then it's easier to stick to just that portion. Plan your exercise--put it on the calendar just like you would a doctor's appointment or a kid's school event, and then do it!
Old 01-12-2011, 01:06 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 226/226/140

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone It's wonderful to see that everyone is off to a great start! WTG everyone
So far I been sticking to my plan which is - counting calories and exercising at least 5-6 days a week.

Quote:
I see most of you have lost weight before this challenge started. If Dr. Oz asked you in an interview what was your top 3 best tips in your weight loss journey, what would the top 3 be?
Great question! I think my top 3 would be:

1. Eat a variety of healthy foods. In the past I have stuck to the same meals/snacks and I quickly became bored and started sneaking treats.
2. Get some type of exercise at least 5-6 days a week.
3. Be kind to yourself. I know I have a tendency to start off well, and then I let negative thoughts bring me down and I give-up. I find when I stay positive and don't expect perfection from myself, I am more likely to stay on track.

I am looking forward to reading everyone's answers.

Have a wonderful day
Old 01-12-2011, 01:10 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 187/163/148

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone! Today is a snow day! So, I am going to go outside with the kids and play a while (that will be my unofficial workout!) Then we will watch a movie, I plan on making popcorn which is a step better than cookies at least. Roast chicken and vegetables tonight (fennel is my new favorite roasted with the chicken!). Good luck to all today!
Old 01-12-2011, 01:15 PM   #65  
On a mission

S/C/G: HW280/CW270/GW160

Height: 5'9"

MaryShady - Congrats on your 2lbs! Keep up the good work!
Bobbi - Great question! and great tips!
Songstress! I love it! Choir practice can be rigorous!

I didn't work out yesterday officially, but at the end of the day, I played Wii Tennis for about an hour. NO, it is not the Wii fit, as I don't have it yet, but I have been feeling really tired with TTOM, this week, and I didn't want to go to bed without moving in some concentrated way. I have an errand to run today, and then I am going for a good run/walk and see how it goes!
Have a great Day!
Old 01-12-2011, 01:15 PM   #66  
Starting again Jan. 2013

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Hello Everyone!

I've finally got some time to post in chat! This is my first challenge!

My name is Allyson and I am 32. I have been married for almost 6 years (Jan 29) and I have 2 daughters. Both will have birthday's during this challenge. My oldest will turn 5 on Jan 27th and my youngest will turn 2 on Mar 21st. (Still wondering how I am going to handle the cake)

I made a lot of changes at the start of the new year! The biggest one was quitting smoking! I had my last cigarette on Jan 1st. I was finally (REALLY)ready this time!

Since I am a stay at home mom, I cook and prepare all the meals for the family. So I am able to control the health level. We will be eating mostly chicken and turkey. My husband and I love red meat but we have decided to limit it to once every month or two.

I myself drink a variety of meal replacement shakes for breakfast and lunch. One reason is because solid food for breakfast upsets my stomach. The second reason is, it's quick and easy.

My husband and I push each other on working out! I have pretty much made it a habit now! I started a 12 week fitness program on Jan 3rd! I have stuck to it faithfully and I am proud of that!

I will try to be around at least every couple of days!
Old 01-12-2011, 06:15 PM   #67  
On a mission

S/C/G: HW280/CW270/GW160

Height: 5'9"

Glad to have you here Allyson! Congrats on the smoking... that is a HUGE step!

I am heading out to do some exercise now, and then heading to study for a test tomorrow. My goal is to get to bed before midnight! Have a great night, everyone!
Old 01-12-2011, 07:28 PM   #68  
No excuses this time!

S/C/G: 279/249/154

Great question Bobbolink!!!

Great tips - Bobbi, LilyinBloom, Reji, and Narnia. I have to agree that planning is one of the best things for weightloss. Planning meals, when to fit in exercises.

Tip #2 Tracking to make sure you are on target, plus when things aren't going the way that you think they should be you can examine and make changes.

Tip #3 I have to agree with narnia and Lily, when you make a mistake and slip up which happens to us all, be kind to yourself - think about why it happened and get right back up there and start planning and tracking again for success. Having a group like this one will help you stay committed.

I am going to have my second personal training session tonight - I am soooo looking forward to it. Last session it started raining before we finished, so I am hoping for blue skies. We train in a local park, and my son can run around whilst I am working on my improving myself LOL

Catch you all later,
Old 01-12-2011, 09:25 PM   #69  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Where do I find the biggest losers sign to put on the bottom of my posts?
Old 01-12-2011, 10:03 PM   #70  
Girl On A Mission

S/C/G: 164/164/130

Height: 150 cm (4 ft 10 in)

Hi! ^_^ I am Rebeka I am 18 years old. This is my frist Challenge. Throughout highschool I have gained wieght, and my first semester i gain 3 inches and weight, so I am trying to counter act that ^_^ and lose weight, my boyfriend has recently understood that I am going to be losing wieght, and we have made a deal, so we are both happy, ^_^ so I have weight to lose ^_^!
Old 01-13-2011, 12:44 AM   #71  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Still doing well, lost about 2 1/2 pounds so far. Encouraging. As to tips I agree with keeping track, I've been using the calorie count website faithfully and it really keeps me aware of how far I've gone into my calorie allowance. Water would be the second most important and of course exercise. Many, many books have been written on diets but those three things are basically the whole thing. Just like the Bible, no one wants to believe anything could be so simple. Truth is like that, oh yeah.

Keep up the good work Blue team!!!!

Welcome newbies too.

Dora
Old 01-13-2011, 01:03 AM   #72  

Hi everyone,
It sounds like everyone is doing awesome so far. I already had a cheat meal yesterday and it was only day 2. Still not in the swing of things again and not really sure why. I hope it comes soon

Bobbi I can't think right now how to get you to put the banner on. I did mine from my computer. I'll try to figure it out and let you know. For anyone else that took it from mine if you can explain how you did it that would be great too.

I will think about my weight loss tips and post them tomorrow when I'm not typing on this iphone keyboard. For sure though number 1 for me is having a cheat day every week. Helps me stick to it for the rest of the week and I still have a loss at the end (I weigh in the morning of cheat day) then I have the rest of the week to make up for it.

My Internet is still crazy at the house so sorry I didn't get on here yesterday.

Hope everyone is doing great welcome to more of our newcomers

Last edited by Bigmid; 01-13-2011 at 01:04 AM.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:05 AM   #73  

Congratulations to everyone with losses so far
Old 01-13-2011, 10:33 AM   #74  
50 is the new 40!

S/C/G: 165/165/140

Height: All of 5ft Tall

Hey Angela,Mary,Dora,Narnia99,Dream,Selina,NancyO and Babygrant,glad to see that you have all come back again.Hope I didn't miss anybody,loooooong thread lol)

I have been doing much better on my weight loss and exercising this week.My motivation has finally kicked in.

How is everyone else doing?
Old 01-13-2011, 10:59 AM   #75  
calorie counting works!

S/C/G: 171/ticker/135

Let's see if this will appear correctly:

To get the image in your signature, go to User CP, edit signature, and then copy and paste this into your signature:

[img] http://www.3fatchicks.com/ forum/signaturepics/sigpic97781_7.gif [/img]

You'll need to remove the spaces after [img], before forum and before [/img] to get it to work.