Old 01-09-2011, 09:46 PM   #1  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

Default Red Team NYNY 2011 Chat Thread Week 1 (1/10-1/16)

Hello red team!!!

Hope you get off to a great start this week. Sorry for the lateness in posting this for us to get started.

Let's use this first week to introduce ourselves and get to know each other.

My name is Shannon and I'm a teacher at an international school in South Korea (Meaning I will be posting in a different time zone then you all so I usually post in the middle of the night for most of you). I'm originally from the states. This is my fourth biggest loser challenge and I think my third challenge as a leader. The motivation and competitiveness from being a part of a team, something bigger than myself, helps me on my journey. I've been overweight the majority of my life. I made the commitment to become a healthier, happier me in July 2009. Since then I have lost over 100lbs. I follow calorie counting and I'm trying daily to do better with exercise.

Hope we all have a great first week!

P.S. (Same as bigmid the blue team leader) - I usually do personals to everyone but in the first couple weeks everyone is very chatty (which is awesome) but I can't always keep up with it. So don't feel bad if I miss you or don't even do personals in the first couple weeks while we are still getting to know everyone.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:54 PM   #2  
MeTime

Enjoy our new banner! Special thanks to NancyO on the blue team who has created our banners for the past couple of challenges.

You can use it by saving the picture to your computer, then going to edit your signature and upload the picture from your computer.

Enjoy red team!!
Old 01-09-2011, 09:54 PM   #3  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

LET'S GO ROCKIN' RED TEAM!!!

THANKS SHANNON FOR WORKING SOOOO HARD!!! I'M SUPER EXCITED!!
I'm Susan, and this is my first challenge!! I look forward to getting to know everyone!!
Old 01-09-2011, 09:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 290.6/278.8/135

Height: 5'5"

HELLO RED TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My name is Courtney and I live in Senoia, GA (which is just southwest of Atlanta). It's a small, quiet town and I like it that way. I'm married and have two daughters, two cats, and one dog. I am going vegan to get healthy and help me to drop this weight. I am trying to cut out empty calories and eat a more nutrient-dense diet. I also am allergic to caffeine so I don't drink or eat anything caffeinated. I was taking a weight loss pill called Healthy Trim to lose weight and lost 30 pounds on it. I just really can't afford to spend the money on it anymore so I am looking for a way to do this without weight loss pills.

I also happen to be EXTREMELY competitive, so I think that this challenge is just what I need to kick my tail in gear and get me back on the right track!
Old 01-09-2011, 10:17 PM   #5  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

Hello teammates! I'm peanutt, I'm 28 years old and I live in Alberta, Canada. I'm married and my DH and I got our first dog together last year. Puppy is just about 1! I work in a museum and love to read. I'm also a cookbook addict.

I'm excited to get started! This is my first challenge. I started this lifestyle change last August and I'm currently on WW. I've lost around 44lbs since August and I'm hoping to hit my 15% loss goal in the next few weeks.

I've started running with Couch to 5K and my new year's present to myself was a couple of fitness video games. I've been absolutely loving the BL Challenge on Wii. It gives me customized and varied workouts throughout the week and really burns the calories! It's especially great because I don't have to leave the house in this miserable cold weather!

Thanks Shannon for being our leader and all the extra work I'm sure that entails.

Good luck to us all!
Old 01-09-2011, 10:53 PM   #6  
MeTime

Peaunutt- I just got the Wii for Christmas too! My workout routine right now is two hours everyday on the Wii because of the horribly cold weather here right now. I do the Wii Fit 30 minute step aerobics, the Biggest Loser Challenge, Dancing with the Stars, and Jillian Michaels Ultimate Fitness Challenge 2010. It's really a workout!!
Old 01-09-2011, 10:56 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

Hey all! I'm Ashley and this is my fourth or fifth challenge (lost track). I'm from metro-Atlanta originally and moved to Nashville late last May. I lost 55 lbs before leaving Atlanta and have been struggling to push forward with my weight loss since the move. In November my work launched a wellness challenge that wraps up at the end of this month. It has helped me a lot in moving towards getting back on track.

I follow the weight watchers program, and for exercise I'm currently doing C25K and spin class. I ran my first full mile yesterday, and I want to complete a triathalon when I reach goal (if not sooner).

ETA- Peanutt & Shan- I highly recommend getting Just Dance for your Wii. We played on New Years Eve and it was so fun! Pretty decent workout too.

Last edited by Aclai4067; 01-09-2011 at 11:00 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:04 PM   #8  
Diet Started: 1/4/10

S/C/G: 164/ticker/99

Height: 5'0"

Hi Red Team!

I'm Wild Vulpix, 22 years old, resident of the United States, and I believe I'm the lightest member on our team.

Unfortunately, I've hit a plateau since the end of November, and hopefully this challenge can help me break that.

I lose weight at a VERY slow pace. I can do everything right and still only inch along. I started last January, and I did have a 3 month hiatus (where I didn't gain)... so it's been about 9 months of work and a loss of a little under 30 pounds. I'm not sure if my body is just stubborn, or if having PCOS has slowed my progress compared to others... but I really don't care. 10 pounds in 3 months is pretty awesome to me.

I hope to get down to 120 by the end of this challenge. And I'm also going to push my diet and exercising to the limit while I'm on it.

My boyfriend bought me a very beautiful and sexy dress for Christmas, and I love it to pieces. But I can just barely squeeze into it, it inches up on me, it's too tight in the arms...I really hope that at 120 it will fit me like a glove.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:07 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

My name is Okiemute Esiekpe and I am a 27yr old College graduate. I am going back to school to become a Lead Teacher at a Daycare this year. I'm a proud Terrapin, for those who don't know, that means I graduated from University of Maryland. I gained a lot of weight as a result of medication for my mental illness. I'm happy to be part of this group of loving, caring individuals.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:24 PM   #10  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Hey Red Teamers!

I'm Kris. 39 and determined to be Fit by 40 (which just happens to be this July 4th). I work in local government and have recently taken on a super stressful job. In addition to a crazy work life I am married, own a home business, and have 4 kids (DS 21, DSD 11, DSS9, DSS 6). This is my 3rd attempt to make it through a BL challenge and I am going to do it this time!

I am with Shan on the "forgive me for not keeping up with all personals" the first few weeks. It gets nuts around here.

I am glad to see so many 1st timers to the challenge and wish you all tons of luck and focus! LETS ROCK THIS LADIES!
Old 01-10-2011, 12:08 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 172/ticker/140

Height: 5'3

Hello Red Team!! Nice to meet you all, I am BlueEyes--45 yrs young, married for 22, almost 23 yrs
This is my 3rd BL challenge. The first one helped me to get a hold of my health issues and I was learning from it.(thanks to the wonderful red team) AND...Last time my DH had some issues with his health so I quit the team...This time I am here
for the long haul!Thanks in advance for your support!!!!

Food O--Nice to meet you! I have relatives in MD. Good luck on your weight loss!

Wild Vupix- You silly girl I bet you look great in what your bf bought you...I found a site with some awesome clothes I want to reward my self with if(big IF) I ever reach my goal.

Hey Shan! Good to see you again! I have had a Wii for about 3-4 years now. It is a major part of my work out but I just do not tell anyone because I tire of people telling me it is not a work out
Looking foward to being on your team again

Peanutt- Welcome! Nice to meet you! Congrats on your your loss so far! I have been thinking about doing WW also. I am trying to count calories (again)...

Courtney --NO COFFEE! I would die! Good luck and nice to meet you!

Rainbow aka zumba queen. YOU ROCK!!I have read about your zumba dancing and I look foward to hearing more about it... ZUMBA ON RAINBOW!!!!!

Last edited by BlueEyes65; 01-10-2011 at 12:24 AM.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:10 AM   #12  
Day Dream Believer

S/C/G: 157.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'3''

Greetings Friends,

I am 28 year old social worker and am an old timer around these 3FC chat boards...I started my journey in 2002 at 215, got down to 120 in 2005 and now weigh about 157 and have been stable here abouts for the last 4 years...I am unhappy at this weight and have finally decided to return to 3FC in my quest to find my way back down to a lighter weight...I do well with exercise and it is not a chore for me...I just completed my third half-marathon in November!...but really need to crack down on my diet...my chocolate consumption has gotten out of control!! Looking forward to getting to know you all as we make good choices together!
Old 01-10-2011, 05:46 AM   #13  
A Whole New World

S/C/G: 172/ticker/122

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone.

I’m Rachel; I’m 26 years old and am getting married in about six months. I started last year off really well but managed to gain a stone back by the end of it. So, this time there is to be no getting disheartened and giving up only to end up right where I started.

I’ve struggled with my weight since my teenage years and have been on a constant roller coaster ride with it. Like most people, I’ve tried everything, sometimes verging on the downright dangerous and extreme. A couple of years ago I found this website and for the first time I realised that what I really wanted wasn’t to just be skinny, but to be healthy, energetic, happy and sexy. I realised I didn’t want to be constantly tired and emotional and starving hungry anymore. I didn’t want to beat myself up anymore for being human and eating. Although I’ve not yet reached my goal weight and although I may weigh more than at times in the past when I was doing one of my crazy starvation diets, I really and truly never have been happier. I’m okay with my body these days. Yes, I want to lose more weight and fit into smaller clothes but I’m not miserable with myself anymore. I don’t think I’m hideous and I don’t lock myself away anymore. It really has been an amazing mental transformation.

So, I’m back again this year to kick myself into gear before I get married and I know I will get there eventually. Besides, whatever happens, I know I have a lot to be thankful for. And you guys are part of that. This is the first support network I’ve ever really had.

So let’s do this together!

RED TEAM GO
Old 01-10-2011, 07:50 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Hi Red Team! I'm Antonia...you can call me Antonia, Monte, whatever. I've been losing weight with the support of 3FC for several years now. I managed to get down within 5lbs of my goal last spring, at which time my family life went completely haywire (parent's divorce) and I proceeded to undo a great deal of my work (ugh!). So now I'm back on the wagon, and using WW this time. So far so good! I hope to be down to my goal weight by the end of summer.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:22 AM   #15  
Keep going!!

S/C/G: 203/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Hi Red Team

My name's Krista, I'm 26. I live in the finger lakes region of New York. I just got married in May, no kids but we have a 9 month old Shih Tzu. I work as a licensed veterinary technician. I couple of years a go I lost a good amount of weight (about 50 lbs), but since then it's crept back on so I've started the weight loss plan again and hope to lose and keep it off this time. I do calorie counting, and DH has recently started going to the gym with me which has been really nice.
This is my first biggest loser challenge and I'm super excited to be here. I think this will keep me super motivated to stay on course.

Peanutt- I just started the couchto5k too! I'm starting week 2 today, I really like the program. What do you think?

Last edited by chickadee dee dee; 01-10-2011 at 08:24 AM.