3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Biggest Loser Challenges (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges-225/)
-   -   Blue Team WOSC Week 9 Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges/195587-blue-team-wosc-week-9-chat.html)

Cape Breton Chick 03-01-2010 05:25 AM

Blue Team WOSC Week 9 Chat

Good Morning Ladies!!! I hope everyone had a nice weekend. I do not know if it is this old computer or the site .. but it wont let me edit, nor will it let me change font, color, etc. grrr to that this early on a Monday morning .. haha

First things first... Congrats to our biggest losers Muffentop, weebleswobble, ars and Jessica! :yay:

As most of you probably know, the biggest loser had a hiatus while the Olympics were on.. now this has pushed their end date till the end of April... which leaves it..barring any other skipped (tv) weeks finishing up on the 27th of April I believe. These challenges were designed to run along with each show (with the exception of the summer challenge) which leaves us with a decision to make... so please leave your input here as to whether or not you want to extend our season as well... I think we should. :D

Also, as of the end of this challenge, Monte will be stepping down as Red Team Leader and I believe it will be shan84 who will be taking over.
The summer challenge has been briefly discussed and signups for that will be available mid April.

I hope everyone has a great day!!

Cape Breton Chick 03-01-2010 05:31 AM

I just hope I can get my butt back in gear today as I had a complete FAIL of a weekend... stress eating and yea.. just bad!
I want to thank you for all of your prayers and thoughts for my bf .. they are greatly appriciated. He is doing okay.. sleeping lots.. but okay.
Huge hugs to all of you!!! :hug:

Catsgetnhealthy 03-01-2010 09:37 AM

Good morning ladies~
I got a 2mile leslie walk in with toning bands. Feels good to be working out again!! I'll be doing 4 mile walks in the evening. Switching between 2 dvds. My goal for March is 6 miles a day.
I'm all for extending to go with the show. Glad it'll be back on Tuesday!! And I'll be signing up for the summer challenge!
Angela~ sending lots of positive thoughts & vibes for you and your bf!! :hug:
Have to run, will check in later. Have an awesome Monday ladies!!!!

CONGRATS Muffentop!!! :)
WTG Weebleswobble, Ars, & Jessica!!

retiredone 03-01-2010 09:37 AM

Good morning Blue Team. I'm so glad it's a new month. Congrats to our biggest losers Muffentop, weebleswobble, ars and Jessica! You gals lost a phenomenal amount of weight this past week. Well done!

I'd like to continue along with the BL show. A couple of extra weeks might help me and those who have "lost" a week or two to riotous eating and lack of exercise. That's my thoughts on that.

I'm not going to do the last chance workout this week. My back won't allow it and so I'm going to nurse it back to health and then slowly edge back in the exercise. I need to find some back strengthening exercises to do.

Have a great day, ladies.

Bigmid 03-01-2010 09:57 AM

Congrats to our biggest losers Muffentop, weebleswobble, ars and Jessica WTG ladies.

Angela - I am all for extending the challange to run with the show and ready to sign up for the next one. These have been so great and it has been nice getting to know everyone on our team and be able to support each other. Continued prayers for you bf.

Catsgetnhealthy - Wow 6 miles a day that's dedication

retiredone - I agree those extra weeks may help many of us...lol, I hope you get the rest you need to feel better. Take it easy.

Hello to the rest of the Blue Team I had a good day yesterday and now I have to have a great week eating and exercise wise as I will be eating too much on Saturday. I already know this and have been planning for it for a couple months. It is a scrapbook convention and they feed us so well....plus we take snacks. It is only one day, once a year so I will weigh in on Friday so I don't screw things up for the team.
Have a great day everyone.

Mercy03 03-01-2010 10:16 AM

Congrats to our biggest losers Muffentop, weebleswobble, ars and Jessica WTG ladies.

Morning Bluesers:) I'm up for the extra 2 weeks as well Angela.

weebleswobble 03-01-2010 10:26 AM

Thanks! I told you it was my secret weapon. :)

I'm fine with extending and going again.

I have really enjoyed being able to participate and WI, and I know that when my school finally gets out (Mother's Day) I will be able to work a lot in the garden and yard and walk the dogs and do a lot of intentional exercise. I am just so exhausted from school that I feel I have "no time to exercise" --but rather than use that as an excuse not to diet, I'm being as compliant as I can with my diet, so that when I can exercise, I am as light as possible. :)

It would be nice to have the freedom to go in the WI page ahead of time and say "on vacation" for certain dates during the summer. It's one thing if you are a no-show for WIs, but if you know you are going to be gone for two dates during the summer and may not have access to a scale, burning through freebies is rough.

babygrant 03-01-2010 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cape Breton Chick (Post 3177755)
As most of you probably know, the biggest loser had a hiatus while the Olympics were on.. now this has pushed their end date till the end of April... which leaves it..barring any other skipped (tv) weeks finishing up on the 27th of April I believe. These challenges were designed to run along with each show (with the exception of the summer challenge) which leaves us with a decision to make... so please leave your input here as to whether or not you want to extend our season as well... I think we should. :D

I would LOVE to go for longer! I loooove our team we have and really need the extra time to achieve my goals!

babygrant 03-01-2010 10:41 AM

Ok, I have my whole entire week planned out!!! I'm ready to go! I know I'm going to rock this week! ;)

Off to dig out my 30 day shred dvd and wipe the dust off. hehe.

Congrats to our biggest losers! You gals did wonderful as did everyone else!!

Cape Breton Chick 03-01-2010 12:53 PM

Yay!.. So we will continue! I am so glad.. am all for the olympics but it kinda screwed with our schedule lol but in saying that I wil ask that everyone be sure to add the appropriate weeks to their weigh in thread.
Also, weeble.. the weigh in thread is never closed so ppl always have the freedom to weigh in ahead of time.. actually i believe we have a cpl whos weigh in day is actually on Fridays so they do it then, as well as if you know you are going to be on vacation just weigh in before you go, and if it will be say two weeks with no internet access.. you are free to weigh in with the same weight ahead of time for each of those weeks. I hope that made some amount of sense as I am on my lunch break and am rushing lol haha

babygrant 03-01-2010 01:10 PM

Ok, I just got done level 1 day 1 of the 30 day shred. Wowza! I managed 2 modified push ups....that's it. But I kept active when I couldn't do the pushups. How do I record it into the tracker? There's 9 minutes strength, 6 minutes cardio, 3 minutes abs plus 2 minutes of stretching.

I plan on doing the 30 day shred 5 or 6 days a week. I'm going to take pictures every single day so I can do one of those speedy slideshows to see how my body changes in 30 days. :D

weebleswobble 03-01-2010 03:02 PM

aaaah, I never thought we could WI days/weeks in advance. I'd seen people do it "a day" in advance. cool. that makes a lot of sense.

:)

mageorge 03-01-2010 04:58 PM

Good afternoon...and I mean "good" afternoon because it is NOT snowing here. At least, not at this very moment! I am all for continuing in conjunction with the show. And I am all in for the summer challenge! Sorry about my rant yesterday about my gain, I talked to someone at work who officially belongs to Weight Watchers (I am unofficial because I got my things for ebay), she thinks that I am not eating enough during the day and my body is shutting down the calorie burn process. So I calculated how many points I should add for my activity/exercise level (moderate to intense at at least 60 minutes) and it was a whopping 3-6 more points. So I am going to be adventurous this week and try eating 24 points instead of my base 19. I am just keeping my fingers crossed that I don't gain 10 pounds this week! Wish me luck in my experiment! Good job to all our losers this week!

ars 03-01-2010 08:28 PM

@Angela - I would love to continue the challenge longer to go along with the show! I was getting kind of bummed that it would be over soon...and I will definitely be on board for a summer challenge.

@retiredone - That stinks that your back is still bothering you. Back/neck stuff is the worst...hope you recover quickly!

@babygrant - Nice job planning ahead for the week! I hope it's a good one for you!

@mageorge - I think you will be pleasantly surprised with your results from the points increase! I would have never believed that by eating more, I could lose more, but it worked for me. I hope it works just as well for you!

I have two scary meal days this week...dinner on Wednesday and Saturday. I know I shouldn't let it bug me, but I do. I just get so nervous when I don't know how many calories are in things, and I haven't been counting long enough to be able to guesstimate. Wednesday will be some sort of home cooked badness with wine at a gathering, and I have no idea what Saturday will bring before a friend and I have play tickets. I'll just make the best choices I can and get in some extra exercise those days.

dayoneagain 03-02-2010 03:51 AM

I'd also love to continue, woo :D

Hope everyone is doing good. I'm busy, but feeling fab!x

Doragone 03-02-2010 05:06 AM

Hi ladies,
Congrats to our Biggest Losers - great work!!!!

Angela - hugs and prayers for your BF and yes, I'd like to go the extra weeks too.

My daughter's birthday was last Friday and I had cake and ice cream and have had some cake since, so I'm hoping I can still post a loss this week.

Knee is better, (Thanks for thoughts Bigmud and others) hope to start exercising soon.

Hubby going with me to therapist tomorrow - wish me luck.

Dora

ethsmommy 03-02-2010 08:44 AM

good morning ladies!! well.......count me out for exercise this week....i hurt my back!! i should be ok by next week (hopefully) but im going to continue doing my weight watchers. the only bad thing is im on painkillers which give me the munchies!! but im gonna keep trucking and hope that the steriods they put me on don't make me gain this week!! i know im not an official team member yet but....you have all made me feel like part of the team. I am SOOO down for the summer challenge........sign me up!! I'm so excited the show comes back on tonight.........i have missed my weekly indulgence besides idol and vampire diaries!! Have a greaaat day!!:D:D

babygrant 03-02-2010 11:21 AM

Yesterday was a gret day OP! I am sooooooooo freeking sore though from doing the 30 day shred.

Hope everyone else is doing well!!!

Nella 03-02-2010 12:09 PM

Quick pop in for me!

Congrats to our big losers!!

BabyGrant - I always put 30DS as calesthetics (sp?) since you are jumping, etc.

oops ogtta run bbl!

retiredone 03-02-2010 12:56 PM

Tiffany, I can truly sympathize with you because of your sore back. Mine is starting to feel a bit better but still quite stiff and sore today.

Dora, hope your knee is on the mend as well.

Just a quick pop in to say HI to everyone. Sounds like everyone is revved for March and will make it a good month.

Nella 03-02-2010 01:33 PM

Ok, I'm back.

Tiffany & Isabella - I hope you guys feel better! A hurt back is no fun!

Angela - Count me in for the extra 2 weeks.

Mercy - :wave: Howdy chica!!! How's the workouts going?

Ok, so my running has been doing well. I'm up to 1.5 miles, split up in 1 mile and .5 miles, with walking in between. I signed up for a 5K in June, so that gives me a few months to get ready for it. I'm excited.

I'm down to 157.8 this morning, so that was nice. I was up yesterday to 159.6, so I was happy this morning.

Mercy03 03-02-2010 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nella (Post 3180734)
Ok, I'm back.

Tiffany & Isabella - I hope you guys feel better! A hurt back is no fun!

Angela - Count me in for the extra 2 weeks.

Mercy - :wave: Howdy chica!!! How's the workouts going?

Ok, so my running has been doing well. I'm up to 1.5 miles, split up in 1 mile and .5 miles, with walking in between. I signed up for a 5K in June, so that gives me a few months to get ready for it. I'm excited.

I'm down to 157.8 this morning, so that was nice. I was up yesterday to 159.6, so I was happy this morning.

Hiya Chica!!!!!!!! It's been relapse week for me:devil: Hardly worked out at all, ate like a pig(had ribs and fries at Outback) and proceeded that lose a 1/2 pound at my fat club last night lol.

I don't think I have been eating enough:), so I am going to increase my calorie intake as I have been stuck at 139 for 3 weeks.

As for working out I have been in a rut, so I hope that when BL comes back on tonight, I will re-motivate myself. I need to find something new to do.

Jillian just came out with a new yoga workout, so I think I'm going to give it a try.

Awesome on your weightloss Chica!!!!!!!:carrot::carrot: I was at that weight at this time last year, keep going. Slow and steady will do it and it will last forever:)

dayoneagain 03-02-2010 04:58 PM

Alarm set for 7am. Got a 5km run on the cards. Gonna be a big number this week - I can feel it!! If it isn't I'm going to go crazy... :D

babygrant 03-02-2010 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dayoneagain (Post 3181079)
Alarm set for 7am. Got a 5km run on the cards. Gonna be a big number this week - I can feel it!! If it isn't I'm going to go crazy... :D

Good for you!

Soon2BFitChick 03-02-2010 09:41 PM

Muffentop, weebleswobble, ars and Jessica, YOU GUYS DID GREAT!!! :carrot: :broc: :cb:

Baseball has started here and with two kids on diff teams and karate on other days when there is no baseball its crazy til May so bear with me. Imma try to come often. Just hafta see.

I'm all for extending, heck yeah!! :cp: I was wondering why the show wasn't coming on! Durh!!! :rofl:

Well, tomorrow is the day that Meadow turns 18 months and there should be no reason for them to delay the boys coming anymore. We will soon find out what is up and why it's taking so long. Supposedly they are just waiting for one more higher-up to approve it. 4 levels of superiors have so far. Just one left. Driving us crazy waiting for them. Pray for us and send us magic pixie dust for good luck!!!! :df:

I didn't do too well with food today but yesterday was fine. Finishing TOM so should help with that! :dance:

Hugsss, Selina

Nella 03-03-2010 10:21 AM

Selina - we are all hoping you get those boys!!! Crossing my fingers for good news soon!

Mercy - I think upping your cals might jump start things. I've noticed if I eat more for a week, things start moving down on the scale again.

Dayone - Hope your run this morning was good!

So I followed a nice pound loss yesterday with insane person eating and a 1 pound gain this morning!!! For lunch I had a cheesesteak, fries with cheese, dinner was a lot of guacamole, taquitos and mini tacos and then ice cream!! There was snacking all day at work too. What was I thinking???? Sheesh! I went to the gym, but only did a mile walk because DH tried to work out but wasn't feeling well and him walking around bored made me feel bad and so we left early. My knees are killing me right now from the running, so I needed a day "off" anyway. I hope I have time to go to the gym tonight, but it's looking like a busy one tonight.

Anyway, eating will be good today, already got 2 cups of water in.

babygrant 03-03-2010 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nella (Post 3182146)
For lunch I had a cheesesteak, fries with cheese, dinner was a lot of guacamole, taquitos and mini tacos and then ice cream!! There was snacking all day at work too. What was I thinking???? Sheesh!

Todays a new day! :)

babygrant 03-03-2010 10:44 AM

Today I am going out for coffee with my mom, auntie, sister, and grandma. I'm so excited. :) I'm back on plan with my eating and exercising and I feel awesome. Have finally dropped my 3 pound gain which I needed to take my freebie last week for and am 0.2 pounds away from hitting my weight two weeks ago. :)

Nella 03-03-2010 01:16 PM

BabyGrant - Today is a new day! Hope you have a nice time today with your family! Glad to hear you kicked that gain's butt!!

Eating is back on plan for the most part. I'm not officially tracing calories, but I am about where I should be for the day. And now 4 cups of water down!

dayoneagain 03-03-2010 02:42 PM

Weighing in tomorrow and I am being silly and excited. This is the first time in 2010 where I have had seven consecutive days of really healthy eating. I am so stressed with workload at college at the moment - I think keeping to a very strict healthy diet has helped me in staying calm. However, it has meant a total lack of exercise since last Friday morning and I didn't manage to fit my run in this morning. I set the alarm for 7am, but when it went off I got up and started working on my essays - I can't afford to use any spare time doing anything else right now. Hopefully the fact that I have had NO CHEATS at all will mean I'll still have a whopper of a number tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Sorry that some of you aren't feeling great at the moment, injuries suck and are terrible for sapping my motivation. All the best - hope you have a speedy recovery and all that :)

Off to do more work... and maybe posting around on the forums. :twirly:

babygrant 03-03-2010 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dayoneagain (Post 3182723)
I set the alarm for 7am, but when it went off I got up and started working on my essays - I can't afford to use any spare time doing anything else right now.

You deserve a huge kudos for your dedication towards your schooling. Sometimes we need to prioritize things and at this point your essays need to be done, so just keep the eating on track and the rest will come later. I bet you'll have an awesome number tommorow!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nella (Post 3182554)
Eating is back on plan for the most part. I'm not officially tracing calories, but I am about where I should be for the day. And now 4 cups of water down!

:carrot:

babygrant 03-03-2010 08:26 PM

So what did everyone think of The Biggest Loser last night?

I had a great day today. Spent some time with my mom, sister, grandma, auntie and nephew. Stayed on track with my eating, got the 30 Day Shred in, and scored a bike trainer on freecycle! Hubby set up my bike on it so I'm going to put it in the basement in our workout area and I'll be set! I have plans to try it out tonight and then whoop my hubby's butt at a game of darts. ;) Feeling happy and thankful for everything in my life!

Hope you all are doing fabulous!

ars 03-03-2010 09:22 PM

Hey everyone! I hope you are having an okay week so far.

I went off plan tonight with drinks and dinner. BUT, I am pretty sure I'm still at or close to my calories in being equal to my calories burned, so I'm not freaking out about it. Even if I'm over, that's okay too. The reality is, that sometimes, I have no control over the food offered. Normal weight people deal with the same thing, and they manage fine because their overall eating habits are healthy and can cushion a splurge. This is something I will have to learn to accept. I am actually glad I'm viewing tonight this way...I feel like I've changed my ideas now. In the past I would blow the whole day, have even more wine, follow that up with excesses of bad food, feel really bad about myself, and maybe go on like that for days or longer. Nope, not any more...I had fun tonight and will leave it at that!

weebleswobble 03-03-2010 10:35 PM

ars, my best food choice was KFC tonight. I had a grilled chicken breast and some green beans. We'll see how that pans out on Sunday. :)

I spend 3 days away from home every week with no kitchen & usually just eat whatever I can scrounge (and I don't have time to get the best salads/etc)...

dayoneagain 03-04-2010 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babygrant (Post 3183220)
You deserve a huge kudos for your dedication towards your schooling. Sometimes we need to prioritize things and at this point your essays need to be done, so just keep the eating on track and the rest will come later. I bet you'll have an awesome number tommorow!!!

Haha, my head was so full of stress and information that I lost track of my days. My weigh in is Friday, haha, oh dear me... Anyway, you're right about prioritising. I don't feel as guilty now.

Ars - I feel like I'm in the same place right now and it's a great feeling. I guess this is the normal way to feel about eating habits? :)

Mercy03 03-04-2010 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babygrant (Post 3183223)
So what did everyone think of The Biggest Loser last night?

Hope you all are doing fabulous!

I'll tell you what I think:D Michael sucks, manipulative, greedy narcissitic personality. He only cares where his next meal is coming from.:D

The teams he choose tells me that he is trying to protect himself in case he doesn't do well.

Why does it matter to me? After all it's a game and they all are trying to win right? Well, if I play a game, I want to win fair and square.

I hope the black team kicks his ***. He' the new Melissa Morgan to me.:D

That's all.

weebleswobble 03-04-2010 06:19 PM

I haven't weighed myself since Sunday....but today I went to Goodwill (I've given up buying new clothes since Christmas, those clothes are falling off me again (14s). I bought a 12 jacket, a casual blazer, a pair of 12 jeans, and a pair of size 10 (TEN!) Liz Claiborne Jeans. I'm just a little thrilled. :)

And the fact that my purchase was $14 isn't bad either!

babygrant 03-04-2010 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercy03 (Post 3184400)
I'll tell you what I think:D Michael sucks, manipulative, greedy narcissitic personality. He only cares where his next meal is coming from.:D

The teams he choose tells me that he is trying to protect himself in case he doesn't do well.

Why does it matter to me? After all it's a game and they all are trying to win right? Well, if I play a game, I want to win fair and square.

I hope the black team kicks his ***. He' the new Melissa Morgan to me.:D

That's all.

Hehe....great minds think alike. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by weebleswobble (Post 3184974)
I bought a 12 jacket, a casual blazer, a pair of 12 jeans, and a pair of size 10 (TEN!) Liz Claiborne Jeans. I'm just a little thrilled. :)

And the fact that my purchase was $14 isn't bad either!

That's awesome!!!!! :carrot:

babygrant 03-04-2010 06:29 PM

I'm in onederland.....again. LOL. Not a celebration I want to have over and over. I first reached it Feb 15th but then went on a 2 week hiatus and gained back weight and went over 200. Argh. But I'm there again and for the last time!

It's hubby's birthday tommorow but he works tommorow so we are having a little celebration tonight....which involves a homemade banana cream pie. ;) I shall behave though.

weebleswobble 03-04-2010 06:53 PM

have a lot of banana and a little cream. :)

yaaay 199! :)