Old 02-08-2010, 09:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Default RED TEAM Chat Thread - Week 6 (2/8-2/14)

Welcome to the Red Team chat for Week 6!
Old 02-08-2010, 09:47 AM   #2  
pretty.nerd.girl.

S/C/G: 9999999

Only 6 more weeks, team! Let's make this win happen. We have been pretty quiet here. So let's chat it up, exercise our butts off (literally), and do the best we can.

I think a main key to a successful challenge is team chatting! Have a great week, RED TEAM!!!!

Last edited by Tamara; 02-08-2010 at 09:57 AM.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:02 AM   #3  

Down only 0.4 lbs this week but at least it's a loss. Things have been crazy at work. I'm taking knitting classes so I'm trying to knit more and eat less...some success with this. Hubby took me to Red Lobster last night as a bribe to do taxes when we got home...lol...and there are no more chocolate bars in the house (now to keep them out!) Going to try for more salads and veggies this week.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:16 AM   #4  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Okay, this is my week to get back on track and stop the excuses. I have struggled this past week+ and took my freebies since I was up several pounds, but I will make a major effort to get back to fighting form here and contribute to the team.
I have lots on my plate right now (no pun intended), but I won't put my health in the back seat any more. I REALLY need to get things under control, for sanity's sake!
Old 02-08-2010, 11:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 165.6/158.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Well majorly disappointed this morning to see a gain on the scale after I worked so hard yesterday. I drank 112 oz of water and went running on a day I usually don't....

darn.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:45 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

I had a gainthis morning too. I thinkit was the beer and salt last night. i did not indulge just a few bites however it was things I never eat and I knew I would certianly pay for it. I have done well today. I have drank most of my water and ate on plan completely. Hopefully tonight will go well and I can get in some exercise!!!
Old 02-08-2010, 04:09 PM   #7  
Starting to lose

S/C/G: 298/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

I completely forgot to post last night, so i'm down to no more freebies... I did pretty good last week diet wise, but I'll have to wait and weigh in on Friday.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:47 PM   #8  

Sorry guys but I'm gonna have to drop out of the challenge. Monte, I sent you a PM. I have to take prednisone from time to time for my rheumatoid arthritis and with it comes water weight so to not get discouraged I am staying away from the scale for a while. Thanks for all of your support and keep on going guys and know that I am rooting for the red team!
Old 02-08-2010, 07:15 PM   #9  
Believe...

S/C/G: 245/ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Congrats to cabinwife with the 4 lb loss wtg! RED TEAM lost almost 30 lbs this week!!!

Forgot to put my pedometer on this morning I was going to try to do the 10,000 steps a day. That was kind of disappointing. Need to stay motivated and keep posting, I do so much better when I'm here getting involved, encouraged and inspired. Thanks chickies!

Tamara~I can't believe how this time is flying and your right we need to keep chatting. I think we only won ONE week so far...can't let Blue Team win. I'm also thinking about getting up earlier and getting a morning workout in and another in the evening. Now if I only would stop thinking about it and start doing it! LOL

Luckybustert~Any loss even if it's 0.4 is a victory, WTG! I was never into chocolate craving but salty cravings, I need to keep chips, nachos ect. out of the house or I'll eat the whole bag! I use to crochet and quilt and haven't done it in years, I come home from work and collapse... like I said I need to become motivated again, hopefully with the weight loss I'm planning on I'll become more active again...hopefully.

Ms Perception~We have to put the past behind us and go forward, one step at a time even if it seems like a baby step! We are a team and we can do this!!

crcossel~I also get disappointment when the scale goes the wrong way, I hope tomorrows weight makes you smile

Mommyofsix~Every time I see your name it makes me think of my baby sister she has eight, 7DS and 1DD. I am the oldest of 6 and have 3DS, nothing like having lots of family around, we are truly blessed

shea5~ I always worry I'm going to forget to post my weight, when you weigh in on Friday just post it then for Sunday if thats your weigh in day. It's still a weekly weight.

LeslieLou~I'm so sorry your dropping out of the challenge but don't leave us, keep posting and let us know how your doing. Hope you feel better soon! D#%n prednisone, can't live with it, can't live without it!
Old 02-08-2010, 08:09 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Hello girls- nice job to all of you that lost weight this week and to those of us that didn't well we just need a kick in the butt and get it in gear I to have been off plan for a couple of weeks with vacation then a weekend trip the past weekend but now nothing coming up for a month so I will get it in gear asap and contribute to the team loss next weekYes we have been very quiet lately but hopefully now that I am hope I will try to get logged on daily again Have a great night
Old 02-08-2010, 10:32 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Hang in there team Red!!
I'm looking at an uphill battle myself this week- TOM is approaching & the kids are off from school on Thursday, Friday & Monday- so I have to keep my eating/snacking in check.
Trying new fitness classes to jump start my system. And I've gone back to healthy salads for lunch.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:17 AM   #12  
Starting to lose

S/C/G: 298/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Wow, i didn't realize that about steroids...just started some yesterday for a massive sinus infection I have, so I'm thinking my weigh in this week probably won't be good Oh well, this too shall pass...

LeslieLou - I'm so sorry you have to drop out, but still hang around; the more the merrier, and hopefully your arthritis will stop acting up on you
Old 02-09-2010, 09:16 AM   #13  

Thanks everyone! I will hang around and support you guys! I just completed a round of steroids 1-1/2 weeks ago and now I'm having to start another round! SO not fun! Winter is killing me! But, in order for me to function.....open doors, hold the steering well, cut my food, etc...I have to take them with this flare. You guys are great! Thanks again!
Old 02-09-2010, 12:48 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 230/227.6/150

Good job red team! I hope this is a better week for everyone. It hasn't started off too good for me, but I'm going to get that in check today! Let's keep it up!
Old 02-09-2010, 04:45 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

Hey ladies. Well I had my first good workout on Saturday since I hurt my knee. My knee felt fine thoughout the workout and it was really good to sweat again. But since then my knee has been really stiff. I'm battling with myself on whether or not to go to the gym today. If I don't go, I at least have to walk in place while I watch LOST tonight.