3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Biggest Loser Challenges (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges-225/)
-   -   "Party Like It's 2009" Red Team Chat #2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges/161599-party-like-its-2009-red-team-chat-2-a.html)

Shy Moment 01-15-2009 02:40 PM

cakes
I am so sorry you don't feel well

Cat
I have been doing the ball for awhile. I still fall off the ball lol. My kids say to watch me is a great form of entertainment. Glad someone is enjoying it lol.

ASHmomma
Congrats

knob
I can remember the day I moved into my first home. Sure not the same as renting. Yes, there was years of living in a cracker box with a couple of kids to save and save and save lol. I understand your excitement. You enjoy your day. It is a memory that will stay with you for the rest of your life.

I am doing well. Knitting, knitting, knitting. Here we go again. Let people find out you can do something and everyone wants something lol. Exercise is good. I am up to 4 miles walking aerobic videos a day, 5 days a week and about 30 min twice a week of resistance training. I know it is going to take a bit of time, again, again, again lol to get the meads out of the system but I am back on track and on a healthy path to get this mead weight back off and forward march to my goal.

RangerChic 01-15-2009 02:46 PM

QOTD: Where do you workout. Do you take group classes or do it alone, etc?

I was working out through today at 24-Hour Fitness along with my Biggest Loser/Jillian DVDs and doing walks in my neighborhood. Now, I'll be starting a 30 day freebie at Bally. I'm pretty sure I'm going to go back to 24 Hour though in March since I like it there a lot and its open longer hours than the Bally and I'll be working my new job until 9pm most days.

starmac13 01-15-2009 02:54 PM

QOTD: I take classes and workout on my own at the Y. I usually do spinning and cardio kickboxing but do some others if I find them to be interesting.

aangel22 01-15-2009 02:55 PM

QOTD: I workout on my own, in front of my kids. ;) I would love to go to the gym and have access to all sorts of equipment, but I don't have the money or time right now to do that. Also, no gym around here has daycare...small town. blah. No money for a treadmill or elliptical at home so I just do workout videos. I just got Walk at Home 4 Fast Miles and love it. I love to walk but can't go outside with the baby, it is just too cold anyway! When it gets nicer out, I can take my boys out to the park. :)

chiquita623 01-15-2009 03:13 PM

I work out at home in the basement. I have an eliptical and I also use DVD's and the Wii Fit. When the weather permits, I ride my bicycle or walk in the neighborhood.

I didn't answer the last QOTD - I usually reward myself for mini goals I have set - a pedicure, manicure, new top, etc. When I actually get to goal and stay there for a year I'm going to get lasik correction done so I can get rid of my glasses!!!

joyra 01-15-2009 05:25 PM

QOTD: I've made an effort in the last week or so to go to the gym everyday.... so far, success! My other workouts, like DDR, 30 Day Shred or BL workout videos I do in my tiny one-room studio apartment with my boyfriend sitting right there (of course at this point he's learned to ignore me!).... can't wait to get a bigger place again! Anyways, I hadn't used my gym membership in a month and I do want to renew for another 3 months when it expires in February so I had to prove to myself that I could follow through with my commitment--and I have!

Cat, I'm excited for these two new challenges you posted! I haven't tracked my water since I've been living in Asia so this weekend I'll watch it more closely--and consequently drink more I'm sure! Plus that triathlon will push me a lot! I'm really going to try to get most of my miles from the actual triathlon events though swimming might be a challenge. I figured out that there are 3863 meters in 2.4 miles so on my vacation next week I'll just try to shave off a couple hundred everyday in the pool and get a couple day passes to the public pool once I get back. I know it takes me like an hour to swim a mile so I know I am capable of finishing it, even with just a few visits.

It's Friday in Asia -- Happy weekend everyone!

MissVitality 01-15-2009 05:42 PM

Hi everyone,

It's been a busy busy week for me and I've not had the chance to post much - sorry!

Congratulations everyone on your weight loss for Week 1 - hope you are having a good week.

AshMomma - what a fab loss! Go on spill your secrets with us......

RangerChic - didn't I tell you a job was just round the corner for you? Well done!

Knobhy - glad things are working out.

As for the questions:
Rewards used to be fairly large and awarded on a monthly basis now I go for mini rewards each week - new lipstick, nail polish, flowers, DVD, CD, etc

My favourite workout is Body Attack and I mainly work out with other people in my group fitness classes but do cardio in the gym alone and sometimes go a walk on my own. Other times my sister and I go walking together with my grandmother's dog!

My favourite fitness instructor (who has also been a big source of inspiration in my weight loss and fitness journey so far) can no longer take my double Pump/Attack class on a Tuesday and I'm actually gutted. He will still be taking my Saturday morning class so not losing him altogether. The problem is he is not being replaced on a Tuesday and the class has been up in arms and asked to put a case forward on their behalf to the management of the fitness centre. I have therefore spent a total of three hours of my own time this week in meetings with various managers at the fitness club trying to sort it out! I hope we get it sorted.

I have done quite a lot of exercise again so far this week and my body is screaming at me to STOP so I think I am going to give it a rest tomorrow.

Good luck everyone.

mtiger 01-15-2009 07:17 PM

So much happens in the matter of a few hours. New threads, new challenges (yeah, I'm headed there next to check them out). I have been onplan as you can get this week. Did 2 P90X DVD's with a friend. The second one left some muscles screaming. I am steadily losing a little everyday. Must keep it going.

I work out at school most days. I teach Elementary school (5th grade). We just do DVD's. I also do DVD's at home on the weekends. I would love a gym membership, but it's not in the budget. When the weather is better, I like to get out and walk/jog. It's below zero right now and the wind chill may go down to -25 tonight. Needless to say, I'm not jogging outside.

Dixiemae 01-15-2009 07:20 PM

I work out alone in my living room. I do step, the Tuesday workout, and yoga. I love to walk with the dog, but it is WAY too cold out side for that right now. I found this wonderful yoga class on line. The computer is in the kitchen. I don't have enough room to do the yoga on the kitchen floor.LOL

I have struggled to get any thing done today. So cold my arthritis is making my joints very stiff. I will workout when the basketball games come on. Pat

willow650 01-15-2009 08:07 PM

well looks like I am doing a 5k tomorrow. It is going to be cold (for my area anyway) and windy. I'm not looking forward to it but I am NOT wussing out. I have a friend that is doing, she runs them, I cant run just yet but I am working on it. I walked the last one I did back in Dec, this one I will try to jog 90sec and walk 3 min.

QOTD:Where do you workout. Do you take group classes or do it alone, etc?

I used to go to the YMCA and did classes and some weights and cardio on my own. Now sometimes I work out at home, and i just found a gym on base I can go to. No classes there but there is access to a trainer

jlbake 01-15-2009 09:31 PM

QOTD: I work out at home by myself (or with the kids watching) with the Wii, videos, or the treadmill. I also walk regularly with my sister and I enjoy hiking with my family.

AmberD 01-15-2009 09:55 PM

Feel better soon Cakses!!!

QOTD-- I am currently in week two of the Hal Higdon Half Marathon training plan. Since it has been so cold, most of my running has been on a treadmill. I do a little bit of lifting and cross training, but my main goal is running. My half is in March and my goal is to get under 2:40. My stretch goal is to do it in 2:30.

Good night all!!! Keep warm out there

BarbPA 01-15-2009 10:20 PM

Howdy Red Team! :)

QOTD: I work out at the gym (Anytime Fitness). I'm there 7 days a week. 3 days I weight train with a personal trainer. The other days are all cardio/abs/stretching.

It's going to be a busy weekend, but I'll pop in when I can. Tomorrow I'll definately get my weigh-in updated. Fridays are my day. Looks like another low week for me. I've lost consistently for 5 months, averaging 3.6 pounds per week, but I'm seeing things slow down the past couple weeks.

Night Friends! :wave:

asap 01-15-2009 10:36 PM

QOTD: Where do you workout. Do you take group classes or do it alone, etc?

I work out at Fitness 19. I am super lucky because it is very close to my house, has kids care and is super cheap. My only complaint is that they have no group classes and I miss spin class. I also love biking and hiking. I have been most successful in the past when I worked out with a group like spin class and Stroller Strides so it seems like accountability works best for me. If only I lived close to my sister we would keep each other on track!

I hope everyone is having a great week so far.

alwe74 01-15-2009 11:31 PM

QOTD: I work out at home. I live in a very rural area with no health clubs or gyms. I do videos (I have a huge collection), elliptical, mini trampoline, and I walk (weather permitting, it's REALLY cold here).