3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Biggest Loser Challenges (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges-225/)
-   -   "JB" Blue Team Chat # 8 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges/143897-jb-blue-team-chat-8-a.html)

jillybean720 06-16-2008 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sportmom (Post 2228186)
Jill, just remember the blood sugar issues. It's not an option for you anymore, this is scary diabetic stuff. You've got to get back on your path to good health.

Fortunately, it hasn't had much of an effect on my glucose levels. I'm still in the same range I've been. My splurges have been mostly low-carb (popcorn being the exception, but still didn't affect my bgl, thankfully), so not bad on the sugar, just bad on the diet :devil:

Rhonda, steel cut oats is a great start to the day--we all know you can keep it up!

Just to add to the diet whirlwind I've been in lately, I got up late this morning and didn't pack a lunch as I took care of the puppies and ran out the door. I'm thinking maybe Chipotle for a burrito bol (no tortilla) of chicken, salsa, lettuce, beans, and cheese, maybe some guacamole for good fats. Maybe I can even get away with just eating half of it and saving the other half for tomorrow's lunch. It's much easier to stay on plan when I actually HAVE a plan!

Not that I feel like eating lunch at all--my stomach hurts. I blame the sugar alcohols from yesterday's Atkins bars.

krjpy 06-16-2008 11:30 AM

Popcorn must have been in the air this weekend. I have had the munchies for days now and on Saturday night we took DS to the movies to see Kung Fu Panda and I had some popcorn. I haven't had popcorn since August of 2007. Luckily, They didn't put much butter on it, and My DH had eaten about 4 inches down in the bag so I got very little butter, my only saving grace.

I did though get back on the elliptical last night and start Week 6 (again) of the C25K. I really thought I was going to struggle since I hadn't run in about a week or so, but it went well. I really felt good doing it ... That should tell me something Huh! I have the munchies again today, I recognize that some of it is bordom, but can't seem to stop myself. Luckily, I don't have any cash on me (other than 6 pennies), and only have my food I planned for the day here, so when I run out, I run out and have to deal with it. I plan on working out when I get home, so hopefully that will help keep me from the pantry.

I have discovered a weakness. I love the Fat Free Fig Newton Snack Packs. I just can't stop eating them if I have them. Well, I finished off what I had yesterday and I will NOT buy them again. I have no will-power against them.

Congrats to those of you that have been struggling for the last few days/weeks;) for taking control back. I am slowly getting mine back.

jillybean720 06-16-2008 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krjpy (Post 2228226)
Popcorn must have been in the air this weekend. I have had the munchies for days now and on Saturday night we took DS to the movies to see Kung Fu Panda and I had some popcorn. I haven't had popcorn since August of 2007.

heh, I used to work in a movie theater. Since then (probably quit there in 2002), I've never had popcorn, with the exception of white cheddar since that's a bit different. When I told Jeff I felt like popcorn, he looked at me like I had 6 heads :dizzy:

suitejudyblueeyes 06-16-2008 11:46 AM

This weekend I popped some popcorn on my stovetop in a bit of canola oil. Boy is popcorn tasty when made that way, I never really liked microwave or movie popcorn! It also makes the house smell yummy.

pintobean 06-16-2008 12:13 PM

I'm not much of a popcorn fan :( In fact we rarely get it at the theater (poor DH). He loves it. We have those microvable ones at home low cal version so if he gets the urge for pop corn he just pops those.

pintobean 06-16-2008 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkglenn (Post 2228093)
pinto-you said you watched the hulk, I didn't know you came to my house. My husbands nickname used to be the hulk, in a way he looks like him too. lol.

:rofl:

onthetee 06-16-2008 12:47 PM

horrible stomach/intestinal thing here. posted a small loss. had big plans for day as DH took kids to ILs. Nothing getting done. Just popping in as I make some tea. gah.

Nori71 06-16-2008 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momof4girls (Post 2226770)
and BOOM a sea gull crapped in my FREAKIN EYE!! It was soooooooooooooooo nasty! It got in my eye, my face and all over my hand.

Oh, that's rough! Ick.

Congrats on your graduation, Chellez!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by amouse (Post 2227465)
Im so happy ... bye 270 i hope i never see you again

WTG - CONGRATS!! Kiss those 270's good riddance!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doragone (Post 2227779)
What a strange and wonderful day!!!

I'll say! You get the best Father's day gift!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jillybean720 (Post 2228117)
Traveling later this week will mean eating out more, but it will also mean not having food around constantly to tempt me--no food in my desk, no food in my hotel room, just 3 meals and some 100-calorie packs of almonds as snacks in between when needed.

It is so hard to be OP when you are out of your regular routine. We live and learn.

Quote:

Originally Posted by suitejudyblueeyes (Post 2228254)
This weekend I popped some popcorn on my stovetop in a bit of canola oil. Boy is popcorn tasty when made that way, I never really liked microwave or movie popcorn! It also makes the house smell yummy.

I don't have a microwave, and have always hated the smell of it when someone makes it at work. We always do air popped at home, but I also love oil popped!!

We traveled away this weekend to my parents house and I also indulged a bit. Had some yummy sweet potato pie and fab bbq ribs. Didn't gain anything per the scale this weekend, but also didn't lose hardly anything for the week either.

I'm busy at work this morning, but will try to bbl...

Nori71 06-16-2008 12:51 PM

sorry you're sick, anna.

trailgroomer 06-16-2008 12:51 PM

scattergories

YOUR NAME: Linda
4 LETTER WORD: love
BOY NAME : Leon
GIRL NAME: Lousia
A COLOR: lilac
SOMETHING YOU WEAR: leotard
SOMETHING YOU DRINK: lemonade
FOOD: lemon fingers
SOMETHING FOUND IN A BATHROOM: lotion
A PLACE: Little Rock
REASON FOR BEING LATE: lost

SOMETHING YOU SHOUT: Lalapalooza!
A CAR: lamborghini

A FLOWER: lillies of the valley
VACATION SPOT: Lake Michigan

onthetee 06-16-2008 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nori71 (Post 2228371)
sorry you're sick, anna.

What? No hug smilie?

Nori71 06-16-2008 01:01 PM

:(you know what - I thought about pushing the "go advance" button so I could so a smiley and then got beeped...so sorry...here's your hug!!:hug:

GirlyGirlSebas 06-16-2008 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onthetee (Post 2228383)
What? No hug smilie?

:hug::hug::hug:

Did it help?:D Seriously, hope you feel better quickly.

pintobean 06-16-2008 01:05 PM

Anna, :hug: drink plenty of water

Plurk's under maintenance apparently :( withdrawal here!!

Amarie2pt0 06-16-2008 01:09 PM

Hi gang, just checking in.

Anna - :hug: feel better soon.

I'm a bit under the weather today too. Camping didn't go so well - it frosted 1 night and was just too flippin cold the other - ended up sleeping in the car, ouch!

Hope everyone else is doing well, or at least better than me!