Old 05-18-2008, 01:10 AM   #1  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

Height: 5'8"

Smile TBL "Just Beachy" RED TEAM Chat #4

I'm a night owl and figured I'd start the new thread.

I have been OP for 6 days now and am quite proud of myself. just like i've read from others the scale isnt moving much but i can feel and see the differences. i'm excited about finally looking how i feel again. thats my big motivation

Melissa- I want to participate in the dollar challenge as well as the "presidents challenge" anything to keep me motivated and OP. this site and you guys have really helped me break old habits. i feel so accountable to you all. I want us to win this thing!

Everyone have a lovely Sunday and rest before the dreaded workweek begins again!
Old 05-18-2008, 09:02 AM   #2  
~One Day At A Time~

S/C/G: 301.2/Ticker/250

Height: 5 6"

Good Sunday Morning To You All .

Everyone in my house is still asleep (insert a sigh of relief here). I have a busy day today. I'm taking my daughter clothes shopping. I'm leaving the baby home though. I can't shop with her lately (terrible twos). I can't wait until she grows out of this stage!

I weighed this Morning and I'm up 1lb. It's not a suprise. I had a really bad week. I'm not beating myself up about it. I'm out of my bumper number and that makes me happy . Yesterday I noticed a huge difference in my figure. I can definately tell I lost weight and so can others. This morning I woke up and I was walking around making coffee and stuff and I noticed that my PJ pants wont stay up! They keep falling down!

Have a great Sunday!
Old 05-18-2008, 09:19 AM   #3  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Mel, is there a way we can combine the two? I'm def interested in both. I have to step it up over here! I went grocery shopping yesterday and by God, I FIT in my friyts, veggies & grains. All that processed foods makes me grumpy, feel bad and gain weight. After that I hit the GYM and did a 5k (3.1 miles) on the treadmill, and then did some weights and ab work. I walked for 5 minutes to warm up and then on 5 and every 5 minutes after that I ran for 90 seconds. it was cool. There were times when I thought I was gonna die! lol! Jess "thought" he was using my car to go fishing, but I informed him that he's had it all week! It's my damn car and I am using to go to the GYM. When I got home from that, THEN he and I went fishing. it was a very nice, sunny and warm day. I got me a little sun too.

Lonnie, that's for sharing that sight.

csChick, you crazy woman! LOL! I hope your little feet feel better today. I think that's one of the reason's Melissa is making us our own fitness challenge, so we aren't killing ourselves doing impossible numbers with the other one.

While he was fishing, and I was just chilling and reading my Fitness magazine, I started thinking of all the ways exercise has improved my life already, and I am no where near goal. How has it changed things for you?

Ways Exercise Has Changed My Life

I got to get off 1 of my Diabetes meds
I don't have to use my asthma inhaler as much
I feel stronger
I feel more confident
my skin has cleared up
my nails are stronger
I am shrinking little by little
I'm growing muscles

Have agreat Sunday everyone. It's Laundry day for me.
Old 05-18-2008, 10:35 AM   #4  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Good Morning lovelies!! Thanks a million for getting our new week started! The sun is shining here again today and I plan on being outside taking advantage of it! DH is supposed to mow the lawn for me, (this is a HUGE task as he's still really weak from being in the hospital for so long) we'll see how long it takes for it to happen! LOL!

So I'm gonna go post up our little challenge. If anyone has something they'd like for me to add to the challenge please let me know!
Old 05-18-2008, 10:41 AM   #5  

Good morning everyone!! I have had a horrible week and dread my weigh in at WW tomorrow, but I will go -- accept responsibility for my horrible week and get back on track!!

Enjoy your weekend -- then back to the same old in the morning!!
Old 05-18-2008, 10:49 AM   #6  
TBL - The Red Team

S/C/G: 247.4/204.8/165

Height: 5'10"

Good morning ladies,

Red team is really rocking. Sorry I didn't add to that this week. I lost so much weight during the past two weeks and was sooo sick that I knew I would have a gain, didn't think it would be so significant, but 3.6lbs. YIKES! It's my first big gain since 12/29/07. so this week my exercise is planned out my meals are planned out, and i'm going to stick to it. My scale was down almost 1lb this morning from yesterday, so I must have done something right yesterday! Have a great day ladies!
Old 05-18-2008, 11:00 AM   #7  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Good morning ladies~ Just popping in to say hello this morning. Kev and I have some running around to do, and then it's back home to finish up in the yard. I got all my flowers planted yesterday, and they look so pretty! Kev finished staining our deck and I mowed the front lawn. Today we have some cleaning up in the back yard to do I'm having a lawn service come out tomorrow to give us an est. on care. Our grass needs help...BAD, and Kev just doesn't have the time to jack with it. I hope you all have a lovely Sunday. The sun is shining here again today, but it's much cooler today! Have a fantastic day everyone~

Diva- See I told you all that exercise was paying off! Great job on that workout yesterday....that was a good one

Melissa73- Girl you've done so good ever since last challenge, so don't let this little gain get ya down. I know you'll bounce right back!

Shelby- Tomorrow starts a new week girl...put this one behind ya and move on~

Melissa- Enjoy your sunshine today Can't wait to start our new challenge

Lonnie- Have fun shopping today with your daughter....I don't blame ya for leaving a 2 yr. old at home Been there done that, and it was never fun!LOL!
Old 05-18-2008, 11:25 AM   #8  
Melissa

Okay everyone challenge is posted! My personal plan is to count $ for this week, then starting next week I'm going to do the same thing only I'm going to set a goal of earning 100 points! That should net me a few OP days!! LOL!!

The cool morning is getting away from me so I'll be back later to check on everyone!! Have a wonderful sunday!
Old 05-18-2008, 11:39 AM   #9  
Melissa

Anyone doing the Presidents Fitness Challenge here is the link that gives you all the information you need. It tells you how to do each exercise etc. I'm doing the health related one.

You can either keep your starting results to yourself, or PM them to me and I'll put them in a red team spreadsheet.

Good luck!!
Old 05-18-2008, 12:07 PM   #10  
I believe in myself

S/C/G: 257/200/160

Height: 5'8

Good Morning Reddies
Sorry I've been MIA, just had a busy week and a sick kiddo. Didn't do much working out either, eating was okay. I'm glad we have the group challenge, it'll help keep me focused!!
Anyone catch Oprah's show friday, her summer favorite things? Well she ate her favorite turkey burger at Donald Trump's restaurant and wanted the recipe. So I got the recipe from her site, but we did it with elk burger yesterday. Was still good, but I think next time I'll try it with turkey to see how the flavors are. The elk probably has more taste than the turkey. And I made baked fries. I've been doing more with potatoes, adding them back in our meals. I can get a 10lb bag of russets for $3.99 and calorie wise they're not bad at all.Oh, I also steamed 2 artichokes yesterday, they were on sale. YUMO!!! No one else cared for them, so I grazed on that yesterday afternoon. I normally dip them in butter, but they were so tender good, didn't need to.
Well the dryer just buzzed, so want to get the laundry done with!! I'm going to go for a walk today. I got a walking brochure of 6 different routes in town with their mileage. So I will pick one and do it. Need to start practicing for the 5K next weekend anyways. I'll be back later as I plan on keeping up with the thread!!!
Old 05-18-2008, 01:15 PM   #11  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun.e.B View Post
Anyone doing the Presidents Fitness Challenge here is the link that gives you all the information you need. It tells you how to do each exercise etc. I'm doing the health related one.

You can either keep your starting results to yourself, or PM them to me and I'll put them in a red team spreadsheet.

Good luck!!

Mel, I'm gonna do the Health-related fitness one too, since I am not an athlete...YET!

Melissa73, don't let that get you down. Dust yourself off and get back on track. The only failure is failing to to do that.

We talked to our neighbor across the gravel road yesterday, and I think they are going in half (with our Stimulus monies) to get an above ground pool for us all to share. We have a bunch of fields and extra land, BIG yards between the both of us so why not? I think it'll be fun. It'll be on the side of them and right in front of us. Here's where it'll be, right (well a ways up) in front of them trees. I can't wait! Sorry this is an older pic with snow, lol!

We had our beautiful sunny day yesterday. Today is cloudy and raining and breezy. I did manage to get some flowers transfer to the ground and bigger pots though. Have fun playing outside today giries!

Last edited by Diva; 05-18-2008 at 01:17 PM.
Old 05-18-2008, 01:57 PM   #12  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 254/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi Everyone! I hope you're all doing well. I fell off last week, but I'm back on track now. We're getting ready to head out for a hike, so I'll make this short and sweet, just like myself.

Diva - that is great about the pool! That will be so much fun.

Cat - I didn't watch Oprah's favorite things show. It always makes me envious! But I will check out her site for the turkey burger recipe.

Mel - I'm going to check out that president's challenge. Thanks for the link!

This Time - great job on those falling PJs! Isn't it the best when your clothes start falling off of you?

Bejeweled - Fantastic job staying OP for 6 days straight! Keep up the great work!

Everyone have an awesome week. I chose to take a freebie this time, but next week, it's on!!

- RLB
Old 05-18-2008, 02:00 PM   #13  
Red Team Member

OMG Diva is that what you get to wake up every morning and look at?!? That is seriously one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen! We live in " the country" in Illinois at least, and I tell ya it looks nothing like that!LOL! I would think that was like waking up next to God every single morning!
Old 05-18-2008, 02:01 PM   #14  
Red Team Member

RLB- Have a great hike

Cathy- I saw that Oprah, and that burger looked divine! We're having turkey burgers tonight for dinner, but nothing like those. These are Prudue frozen patties
Old 05-18-2008, 02:53 PM   #15  
McLovin' *TBL Red Team*

Morning Everyone!

I weighed in yesterday and lost 2.2lbs! I am happy about that! It has been very hot here. I got burned pretty bad on my back Thursday. I smell like a pickle - doing the vinegar trick. It's not working though.

MELISSA/DIVA - I clicked on the President's Link but I didn't see the health challenge. Where should I click??

Hope everyone has a nice OP Sunday!

Last edited by xGurlyGrlx; 05-18-2008 at 02:53 PM.