Old 03-19-2008, 11:20 AM   #1831  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Afternoon Baby Cakes!

I'm in a silly mood this morning since work is non existent. I FINALLY finished JR Ward's Lover Awakened and was so excited to start in on her 4th book.... but my stupid self bought Lover Unbound and I needed to get Lover Revealed... Looks like I'm hitting up Barnes and Noble today! I always get this giddy when I read so don't mind me.

I forgot who else got the JR Ward books... and I'm too lazy to look. Someone refresh my memory? What book are you on and are you totally in love with this series as I am?

My special K and packed lunch plan took a break today because this morning's time frame was non existent. I really need to get up earlier in the morning. So thats my plan for tomorrow.

Other than that I'm just hanging out, working on the next challenge and being silly. I'm going to start reading Eternal Love by Maggie Shayne (her witch series) until I get the other book tonight...

yea.. I have no life
Old 03-19-2008, 11:22 AM   #1832  
budding cinephile

Quote:
Originally Posted by krjpy View Post
Ok ... I have to say it ... I MADE MY GOAL.

That being said, I went and decided to set a new goal, which considering there are only 2 weeks left is a little ambitious for me (almost 7 more lbs UGH!)

I was just happy to see a loss on the scale this morning. I have gotten into a bad habit of not journeling lately and I have been really bad about how much exercise I am getting. I am geting back on track as of last night. I did my LCW with TBL and I plan on walking while my son is at Goalie practice tonight. Feel free to give my not working out butt a kick anytime ladies
Congratulations! Congratulations! Con-gratulations!

that was supposed to sound like a big symphony ending like Hallelujah!
Old 03-19-2008, 12:16 PM   #1833  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by krjpy View Post
Ok ... I have to say it ... I MADE MY GOAL.

AWESOME!
Old 03-19-2008, 12:28 PM   #1834  
Accepting who she is

OK, I just binged, which is not something I normally do. I was reading the paper and not paying ANY attention to what I was doing, and I ate bowls cups of Sichuan noodles. I should not even make the darn things because I know that I love them so. I was planning to eat half and have the rest tomorrow, and they are 3/4 gone. I know that does not sound like a lot, but if you knew how gross I felt, and how rich they were, you would understand. Guess I just added another 30 on the treadmill today.

CRAP!!!!!
Old 03-19-2008, 12:35 PM   #1835  
Accepting who she is

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthetee View Post
OK, I just binged, which is not something I normally do. I was reading the paper and not paying ANY attention to what I was doing, and I ate bowls cups of Sichuan noodles. I should not even make the darn things because I know that I love them so. I was planning to eat half and have the rest tomorrow, and they are 3/4 gone. I know that does not sound like a lot, but if you knew how gross I felt, and how rich they were, you would understand. Guess I just added another 30 on the treadmill today.

CRAP!!!!!
I took a breath, collected my thoughts and settled down.
    Old 03-19-2008, 01:14 PM   #1836  
    Accepting who she is

I am just chatty Cathy today!

I am reading a new book called The Writing Diet. It is a complement to the Artist's Way program that I am doing. If you are creative or want to be, this is an interesting read:

http://www.theartistsway.com/?section=4&sub=9&id=240
    Old 03-19-2008, 02:50 PM   #1837  
    One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

KELLY!! You rock!! You have been doing so well so I know you are working it!

Had another lovely workout session with my new HRM. Good thing I got it since my personal trainer is going to the Beijing Games this summer and will be gone for awhile both for training as well as the games. (What a cool experience for him to be selected as a *few* out of thousands of trainers who signed up to go!!) There is this really nice (really big, really muscular)guy who plays for the CFL now (was in the NFL for 5 years) who in the off season works out at my gym and he's so nice and easy to ask questions to. Maybe I can wing it without a trainer for awhile and just ask guys and few gals there who know what they are doing when I have questions.

Well, gotta go jump in the shower and get to my waxing appointment. I never take my girls to these, but I have no choice today. I NEED this appointment and don't have a babysitter. Oh well...

Along those lines, I've got a QOTD:
    If you do hair removal - what method do you use?
    Old 03-19-2008, 03:02 PM   #1838  

S/C/G: 124kg(272)/94kg(209)/70kg(154

onthetree....so what do you think about the Julia Cameron book? I have it on my 'want to buy' list. I'm a huge fan of her work.

QOTD - hair removal - I get waxed. It's less painful as time goes on. I hate weeks 4-6 though....waiting for hair to get long enough to be waxed again.

krjpy - CONGRATS! What a great accomplishment.
    Old 03-19-2008, 03:48 PM   #1839  
    Accepting who she is

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MomTo2SweetPeas View Post
    Well, gotta go jump in the shower and get to my waxing appointment. I never take my girls to these, but I have no choice today. I NEED this appointment and don't have a babysitter. Oh well...

Along those lines, I've got a QOTD:
    If you do hair removal - what method do you use?
    When I was working and more money than I do now, I waxed everything: pits, legs, brows and bikini. Now I am down to bikini and brows and razor (sporadically) on everything else.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KrisR View Post
    onthetree....so what do you think about the Julia Cameron book? I have it on my 'want to buy' list. I'm a huge fan of her work.
    I am not a huge fan of Julia. I like her well enough; I am enjoying AW, but I always feel like she is talking down to me. Once I realized that I am not her target audience, I was able to stop feeling like we were having some sort of battle.

As for the book, it is AW redone. Find yourself, eating? Journal what made you want to eat. Fill your eating time with creative pursuits. I am enjoying it, but it is exactly what you would expect it to be.

As for my tumble off the wagon today, I did the treadmill. And am back on track.
    Old 03-19-2008, 05:32 PM   #1840  
    One life, live it well

Good way to think about a slip up, Anna! Just see it for what it is and move on.

I do an assortment of things for body hair! I am considering laser. I wax brows and upper lip. I pluck the random other facial hairs that pop up. I shave pits and legs. I do a combo a trimming, shaving and cream hair remover for bikini. I like to be bare down there (DH likes it too) but I just cannot commit to the upkeep and he understands! What a guy!

I'm glad you're feeling up for the challenge, Rhonda! Like you always say, (or type!) "what's the alternative?" There really isn't one. Not one that satisfies your soul!

So I posted this elsewhere on 3FC but will paste it here also:
    Quote:

OK, I had an odd encounter with a gal at the gym yesterday. I cannot make sense of it. I don't know if this is the right forum for it though. It obviously has to do with body image issues - hers and mine!

This woman is LEAN, LEAN, LEAN (so much so that it's not attractive IMO), bordering on appearing weak. I commented on her one time to my personal trainer, stating how lean she was and his reaction included rolling his eyes and saying "ick". Maybe for my benefit, I know! He guessed she was about 15%bf. Anyways, I've never spoken with her before and yesterday she hopped on the elliptical next to me and just started chatting away. (Sadly, I'd left my iPod at home.) She wanted me to join her on the tread climber after 10 minutes on the elliptical. Weird enough. We've never spoken to each other let alone worked out *together* before! I told her I was just doing a 10 minute warm up and would be moving onto weights.

OK, so then she starts talking about body fat and how hard it was to blast the last layer of fat on our bodies. I'm 100% certain that it is! BUT, does she not see that I'm nearly 100 pounds overweight? And at this point would not be concerned with the last layer of fat on my body? She lifts up her arm and pinches what appears to be 1/4 inch of loose skin on her back and says "what is this? Fat?" Then she starts pulling on various parts of her body and getting fairly worked up about this stubborn fat. I started to feel very uncomfortable with where the conversation was heading and almost starting feeling like I was being teased? And feeling like I needed to start comparing myself to her and putting my self down and telling her how great she looks. (Which I DIDN'T do and which would have been a lie.) I don't know if she wanted this from me. Thank God my 10 minutes were up soon! Anyways, I'm curious what you think this conversation was about. Just her interest in reducing her bf (maybe this is all she can talk about?) and I happened to be the person to her left. I don't honestly feel like she meant to pick on me, yet I did feel like I was being picked on. I didn't think it had affected me and then I went though the whole thing with DH last night and again here now! I'm sure I'm over thinking it. But it bugs me nonetheless.
    Old 03-19-2008, 06:03 PM   #1841  
    Accepting who she is

Nori--that is totally weird.
    Old 03-19-2008, 09:02 PM   #1842  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Nori--She was probably just absorbed in her own life and her own thoughts and didn't connect that maybe it was insensitive to someone a lot heavier. Also, a lot of really skinny people do not realize they are that small or that lean. they still see and feel the fat all over them, so in her mind there may not have been such a big difference between you and her..she doesn't see herself the way you see her, ya know? If it wasn't said like she was poking fun at you, she probably did not even realize she was being inconsiderate. It's probalby what she would have said to anybody standing next to her at that moment. I don't think she realized that it would come across to you in a different way I am glad you didn't put yourself down, no need at all for that, esp. since you would have been lying. Never disrespect yourself to feed someone else's ego...I don't think she was wanting that thoug, probably sees herself as fat, and you never know, she may have been heavy at one point and doesn't know when to stop.

onthetee--Good for you taking a breath and realizing it's not the end of the world. Those extra calories are easy to take in when you are eating while doing something else.

krjpy--:congrats: so proud of you!

I am still hanging in here, but I basically would have to give up sleep to get online here lately! I am pretty much maintining, losing very little each week...but I am very proud of myself because I know now I can sit comfortably without trying that hard and maintain, my new pants loose, and feeling good. I am cranking it up this week with exercise again so should have a nice loss next week. Lots of field trips and school parties with the kids, plus dd is in gymnasts 2X a week, son has 2 Tball games a week and 1-2 practices, plus all the usual homework, housework, etc. can't wait for spring break!
    Old 03-19-2008, 10:08 PM   #1843  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

So Chelle, since you tempted us, when are the dates for the next challenge???
    Old 03-19-2008, 10:19 PM   #1844  
    One life, live it well

Yeah, Theresa, this is the conclusion I have come to now: She must have Body Dysmorphic Disorder - because no one in their right mind with as low a bf% as she has would complain about body fat. So, while I will not seek her company out at the gym, I'll view her with compassion now. She may just be weird though! I'm over it.
    Old 03-20-2008, 08:03 AM   #1845  
    budding cinephile

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sportmom View Post
    So Chelle, since you tempted us, when are the dates for the next challenge???
    That's still up in the air actually!

But I can tell you that returning members get to pick which team they are on....

lemme tell you how upset I'll be if you leave me!