Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Old 04-16-2020, 02:49 PM   #1  
outside is not inside

S/C/G: Starting Weight:250/140

Height: 5'3"

Default Simple Explaination

I think I read Beck's book YEARS ago, and honestly I don't remember a thing about it. Can someone please explain in simple terms what the Beck solution is all about? I appreciate you time and help.
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 08:50 PM   #2  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up

Hi TamTam,

I remember you from about eight years ago. You went by Tammy, with the Avatar (CatholicCajun). Hope you consider rejoining the discussion thread: April Beck Discussion.

A good summary of Beck's program comes from the intro posted each month:
Quote:
Welcome to the discussion group, support group, Diet Coach group, Diet Buddy group relating to the two books by Dr. Judith S. Beck:

The Complete Beck Diet for Life

and the first book

The Beck DIET solution: train your brain to think like a thin person.

The Beck Diet Solution is a psychological program, not a food plan. It provides a step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life. The program is based on Dr. Beck's clinical research in Cognitive Therapy (CT).

The Complete Beck Diet for Life expands the earlier work and includes a food plan with suggested menus. From the cover:With The Complete Beck Diet for Life you'll discover the 5 stages of successful dieting and maintenance. You'll learn how to motivate yourself, give yourself credit for every change you make, create time and energy for dieting, and handle hunger and cravings. Dr. Beck eases you into changing one step at a time. You'll master one task before moving on to the next. And you'll learn techniques to deal with challenging situations, such as sticking with our plan at celebrations and dealing with "food pushers." With Dr. Beck's skills, you'll achieve a lifetime of healthful eating and lifelong motivation.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 10:04 AM   #3  
outside is not inside

S/C/G: Starting Weight:250/140

Height: 5'3"

Default I remember you too!

I forgot to put in my post that I remember you too! Quick question, this plan works with any "diet" correct? I am trying to become an Intuitive Eater, so I assume that this work work with that too, correct? Thanks and have a blessed day.

Last edited by TamTam; 04-17-2020 at 10:06 AM.
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 10:27 AM   #4  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Yes, The Beck Diet Solution poses strategies to use with and diet plan.

The Beck strategies can help with the challenges of Intuitive Eating - especially distinguishing between hunger and just wanting to eat.

Hope Intuitive Eating works for you.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote