Old 11-14-2013, 08:52 AM   #16  
Battling Binge Eating

S/C/G: 228/179/150

Height: 5'5 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timlin View Post
I have the mashed cauliflower in the fridge all the time so whatever we have the mock potatoes are included and that makes my family feel balanced.

I love some of these ideas. I just told my iphone list to buy peppers for stuffing. I'm off right now to take chicken breasts out to thaw. I find this way of eating so easy and so varied.........I go to Linda's Low Carb website and use many of her casseroles for this time of year.
My daughter loved those stuffed peppers, I admit I only ate half of the actual pepper itself. Id like to have tried red peppers because green peppers aren't my favorite.

The mashed cauliflower in your fridge, how do you prepare yours. I have two bags of frozen when went to the store the fresh stuff looked terrible. Now wondering what to do with it. A side would be great.
mainecyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:22 PM   #17  
Battling Binge Eating

rib eye steak on the grill tonight. I have been craving it so badly I don't mind braving the cold and snow to grill.
Old 11-16-2013, 07:40 PM   #18  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Beer.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 04:01 PM   #19  
Battling Binge Eating

taco salad:

With the salad and other greens as a base, homemade taco seasoning that is low carb, cheese, sour cream, and avocado, its amazing.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:36 PM   #20  
Battling Binge Eating

Hamburgers for dinner tonight with a bowl of hot soup.

I am make a homemade version of hot and sour soup. Its super cold, has been for 2 weeks with weather of -20 without the wind I noticed once before that if I eat hot soup with dinner or before dinner i tend to eat less as the hot soup sits in my stomach and I can tell I've eaten something.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:22 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'7"

B: Scrambled Eggs w/ Cheese
S: Tomato, Mozarella w/ olive oil
L: Salami + Tomato, spinach and monterey cheese stacks
S: Celery + cheese
D: Beef Patties, Salad with avocado, and I'm goign to TRY and make some mashed cauliflower. It was basically mashed last time since I overcooked it so shouldn't be too hard!
Lindsayms14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:15 PM   #22  
Battling Binge Eating

carne asada tacos.

Mojo:

4 garlic cloves, minced
1 jalapeno, minced
1 large handful fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 limes, juiced
1 orange, juiced
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil

In a mortar and pestle or bowl, mash together the garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, salt, and pepper to make a paste. Put the paste in a glass jar or plastic container. Add the lime juice, orange juice, vinegar, and oil. Shake it up really well to combine. Use as a marinade for chicken or beef or as a table condiment.

I did it the easy way and dumped all the ingredients into the food processor and just blended it all together..I then put the meat in large ziploc bags.

My husband is Hispanic and whenever I ask him what he'd like for dinner he always says, "care asada tacos". I was asking DH if he had an idea for dinner tonight and he said it again.

I decided that I was going to figure out how to make them today. I've never made tacos like this before, we've always made ground beef tacos. DH grew up in the lower Southern California area and ate these all the time. I am hoping this recipe for a marinade is close to what he remembers. While we have been together many years its still nice to do little things for him like try to learn a dish he likes.

I looked over the ingredients and since I'm not "eating" the lime and oranges I figure the sauce should be fine.
Old 12-10-2013, 05:11 PM   #23  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

I've been making mu shu chicken (sans pancake) for a few weeks and I'm hooked on it. I found a recipe online that I tinkered with to make lower carb: http://chinese.food.com/recipe/mu-shu-chicken-80925

I omit the corn starch, sherry and hoisin sauce. The recipe appealed to me because the use of the cole slaw mix and brocoli slaw made the prep much easier. Basically, I just chop up and sautee the green onions, garlic and shitake mushrooms and add in the packaged slaw mixes afterwards. The recipe doesn't call for it, but I add some egg to the recipe. While the veggies are sauteeing, I make a little "nest" and scramble up a couple eggs in the middle. To cut down on fat I use eggbeaters instead of eggs. Sometimes I add a tablespoon of oyster sauce for flavor, even though that adds a few carbs. But I think its worth it. All in all its a tasty dish! I guess there really is no reason why chinese food shouldn't be low in carbs. The good thing is that when you make it yourself, you can control it. I want to try out an egg foo young one of these days too.
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 02:49 PM   #24  
Battling Binge Eating

Ok Joe, now I need to try this. I so miss this type of food. I have been tinkering with foods at home. I've been making a Char Siu pork that I grill here at home instead of the sticky yummy stuff I used to get at the Chinese restaurant.

Tonight is Pork loin roast. My kids adore it, my husband doesn't care for it much. Since my husband has a holiday party at work tonight I have pork loin roast in the crock pot. The kids and I will have it for dinner with appropriate sides for everyone's needs Then, Tuesday night, I will recycle the roast into a pulled pork that they can eat.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:46 AM   #25  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Any ideas how I can prepare already BBQ'd Shrimp??? Leftovers from Wednesday and I gotta eat them... I was thinking of just quick reheating them in alittle oil and adding come coconut (unsweetened) coating... or cutting up in chunks (Colossal Shrimp!) and baking them with some kind of flavoring or Cream Cheese. or..... HELP! LOL
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 03:23 PM   #26  
Battling Binge Eating

sliced chicken breast, bacon, baby lettuces with spinach, and romaine salad, with Cesar dressing. I have a meeting tonight after work and want to make sure I can just grab the pre-made salad I put in the fridge. I don't want an excuse to not eat healthy.