Old 03-27-2013, 03:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 268/254/165

Height: 5'9"

Default Easter Break any plans or ideas for coping?

I am going on vacation for 2 weeks. I will be looking here for encouragement. I have 2 daughters who have 2 children each, so houses are loaded with kid friendly junk food. I leave today, went to Walmart last night and got some cheese and turkey bites just in case I get hungry during flights. Wish me luck, I want to stay on atkins very badly, but I am worried I will not have the right food to follow the plan. Hopefully one of my kids will take me to a store and I can buy some eggs.
janie275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:38 PM   #2  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

When I'm traveling and eating out a lot... or staying with people... I just stick to a few simple "rules"... Basically I just skip the bread, pasta, rice, and potatoes... and stick with a decent amount of the protein portion of the meal (meat, chicken, or fish) with veggies and salad... and as far as snacks and treats go I just stick to lower carb options... not sure what phase of Atkins you're in... but I know for me when I was tempted to "cheat".... I would have some nuts if it was something salty that I was craving... and I would have some fruit or dark chocolate if it was something sweet... better choices carb wise, even if it might not be exactly "on plan" for me just yet... sort of my own little version of diet "damage control"... lol... it definitely helped to keep me on track... and not let the carbs just get completely out of control...
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:09 AM   #3  
NeNe

S/C/G: 200/187/165

Height: 5'6"

I am going out of town tomorrow also so I bought some Atkins bars to have while riding and for breakfast in case the hotel breakfast is no good or is not Atkins friendly.
firegirl441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:27 PM   #4  

Staying with daughters who live next door to each other.last night for dinner they made chicken enchilada with whole wheat tortilla no salad or veggies. I ate small serving. I am/was in induction phase. Not sure what to do now. I drank 3 gram protein drink and had salad of lettuce cucumber eggs blue cheese.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:37 AM   #5  

I am a little discouraged. I did real good yesterday. I could fill the page with what I didn't eat. But last night my keto stick didn't even turn pink. I have been going over it in my mind and the only thing I can think that is was is either spiral sliced ham which I rinsed off because I was worried it might have glaze or I was drinking from 2 liter diet Pepsi and whatever they sweetened it with jAcked me up. I'm not sorry I didn't eat any of the junk cause I have been reading Atkins 72 and he talks a lot about being allergic to carbs and that some people have metabolic resistance and have to stay at 10 grams for whole time they want to lose
Old 04-01-2013, 01:36 PM   #6  
NeNe

S/C/G: 200/187/165

Height: 5'6"

janie,

Week before last, I followed Atkin's plan 100% and my stick never turned pink, then one morning I woke up and it did turn. It may just take a few days for it to show ketosis.
firegirl441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:48 PM   #7  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

I wouldn't concern myself much with those ketosis strips not changing color, they don't work for everyone. I lost over 100 lbs on Atkins and those darned things never changed color for me! I learned from other message boards that I wasn't the only one who experienced this which made me feel better
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:59 PM   #8  

I am pretty sure I'm in ketosis without stick cause I am never hungry which is out of character for me. I had the lap band and I was starving all the time couldn't eat till after 500 because band was too tight then I would eat all night till I went to sleep. Lost 50 pounds first 6 months then gained 30 back next 18 months. My problem was I felt deprived and tried to make up for it. On Atkins I never feel deprived if I want to eat I can but i think it seems gross to eat when I'm satiated. I read one of your posts where you said you decided to eat Atkins forever not just diet. I am at that point now I'm sick of being fat but more sick of being hungry all the time even after I just ate. I always felt ashamed that I couldn't stop eating . I will stay on Atkins for rest of my life hopefully a long time I'm 55. Just cause I like not thinking about food all the time I feel like I'm in control of my life. So I know I have an Adiction to carbohydrates as long as I stay away from them I will succeed just like a heroin addict has to stay away but I'm better off cause if I don't eat any sugAr I really don't want it