Old 05-19-2012, 08:22 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/130

Height: 5'9" Age: 19

Who knew peeing could be so fun?
Ramra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:46 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 265/205/140

Height: 5'8"

Ha. Thanks! If it's motivating, then I'm all for it! Usually I cave in to food after a week or 2, but I've been going strong since I started on April 30! By now, we usually would have had 2 or 3 pizza nights and a Sonic night, but not this time! I did have a piece of cornbread the other day because I had to go to a luncheon with work and it came with the meal. Couldn't resist!
kurbain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:16 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 202/190.4/130

Height: 5'3''

I couldn't hold it and weight myself (again) today...since there were no change (0.3lb) between my weigh-in Wed and Sun; I hoped to see a little more change this time...and I did!!! I'm at 197.4lb so 4.6lb lost

I'm not greedy anymore (not now at least ) I'll cherish the small numbers because it's an improvement from where I started! No more 200's!!!

I'm a bit perplexed, how come I'm still on 'traces' only on my ketostix??? What am I doing wrong? Or is it my water intake that's throwing my tests off?? I would love to see some darker pinkish color for once

Last edited by happyrunner; 05-22-2012 at 08:10 AM. Reason: typo
happyrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:54 PM   #34  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyrunner View Post
I'm a bit perplexed, how come I'm still on 'traces' only on my ketostix??? What am I doing wrong? Or is it my water intake that's throwing my tests off?? I would love to see some darker pinkish color for once
happyrunner, congrats on your 4.6 pound loss! I wouldn't be too concerned with the Ketostix colors. Check out this link, "Whether Your Ketostix Show Light Pink, Purple Or Beige, It Has No Bearing On Your Low-Carb Diet".
BerkshireGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:40 PM   #35  

Still waiting on my Ketostix to arrive, but I'm still motivated for now. After 3 weeks of doing basically induction, I've lost 9.6 lbs. Yay! Only 2.5 lbs to go until I'm back under 200. At this rate, I should be at least that in a week. Atkins is working as long as I can stick with it!!

Last edited by kurbain; 05-21-2012 at 07:41 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:36 PM   #36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerkshireGrl View Post
happyrunner, congrats on your 4.6 pound loss! I wouldn't be too concerned with the Ketostix colors. Check out this link, "Whether Your Ketostix Show Light Pink, Purple Or Beige, It Has No Bearing On Your Low-Carb Diet".
THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH BerkshireGrl , I really needed to see this article. I can finally put to rest my obsession with ''purple'' I'm in ketosis and that's all that matter!!!!
Old 05-22-2012, 02:25 AM   #37  
I'm blessed, yes!

Hi lovely gals!!!!! Well all is good !! I won't weigh myself till the end of the month..how r u guys holding up ?
Deadlydame13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:34 PM   #38  
Low carb lifestyle

S/C/G: 224/216/165

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
@Skinny Girl in Me; good job in starting this thread it's really a great idea!!! How are you doing on day 1?
Hey Happy Runner,
Did great day 1, day 3 was the hardest, like hitting a brick wall but took my own advice and drank my water, took some tylenol and took to bed and felt great the next day. What a blessing to be past that point and no longer battling my sugar cravings! That has been my struggle for years so I am thankful to have found Atkins. Just recently re-read his book and realized alot of things I could be doing better - taking supplements for one. I hate to do this but after reading that chromium is vital for metabolism and if you are low on chromium your metabalolism doesnt' work to its fullest, well now I've changed my mind. I will be starting this and a MV right away. Anyways, glad to see you here and looking forward to successful weight loss with everyone here!
A skinny girl in me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:04 PM   #39  

@SkinnyGirlinMe: congrats on beating the sugar cravings, but watch out they will try again to get you!!! After a week and 3 days, I still have some ''wants'' not cravings...as if evil sugar was testing me ....don't know if you get me??!!

Supplements are a most. I make sure to take them everyday this time and I can already see a difference; no cramps in my legs!!!

Can't wait to be at this for 2 months to see where I'll be then....Never lasted that long on any program!!!
Old 05-22-2012, 06:45 PM   #40  

Happyrunner - I agree...after a while, the "wants" definitely come and go! I'm in my 4th week and I could definitely go for some serious sugar!! But I know I don't need it and that I'll feel like crap if I eat junk.

What supplements do people generally take? I haven't read the book. I guess I should, even though I'm doing fine for now. Multi-vitamins make me really sick, so I can't really take them. What individual things are really important? Chromium, from A Skinny Girl In Me's post. Any others?
Old 05-23-2012, 03:32 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 306/253/205

Height: 5' 10"

Today I really wanted some fish and chips... oops, thats not on my food plan! Oh well!! Loosing weight is far more important right now!

Since starting my detox and cleanse 2.5 months ago and moving into Atkins 3 weeks ago, I have been taking B 12; Vitamin D, "Greens" drink! Plus my regular Meds.
lilywinsit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:14 PM   #42  

Still going strong on Atkins and just jogged 12min NON STOP!!! I'm so proud of myself... 5k HERE I COME!!!
Old 05-24-2012, 01:32 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 182/158/135

Height: 5'4"

Hello everyone. I'm new here. Just started Atkins yesterday. I'm doing a lenient Induction phase since I'm already in ketosis from doing Ideal Protein for the last 2 months (lost 24lbs, yay!). Switched to Atkins so I could enjoy a larger variety of foods. I'm feeling so spoiled! Tuna with some mayo in it! Sausage! Cheese! Even in the small amounts, I'm just reveling in the flavors. I'm hoping I get the hang of it and keep losing so I don't have to go back to IP (which seems to work better for my husband than for me).

Meanwhile, anyone have a brand of multi-vitamin w/o iron they'd recommend? I can only find ones with iron added. So I'm stumped.
offkilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:25 PM   #44  
Low carb lifestyle

S/C/G: 224/216/165

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
I couldn't hold it and weight myself (again) today...since there were no change (0.3lb) between my weigh-in Wed and Sun; I hoped to see a little more change this time...and I did!!! I'm at 197.4lb so 4.6lb lost

I'm not greedy anymore (not now at least ) I'll cherish the small numbers because it's an improvement from where I started! No more 200's!!!

Congrats on making it to "One"derland happyrunner! I can't wait to be there myself.... only 16 more lbs to go and I will be there with you :0) As for the ketostix, I wound suggest counting your carbs very carefully, make sure your at 20 or less, I aim for 18-20, I also make sure I am consuming no more than 4 oz of cheese and if you use splenda/sweet 'n low, crystal light - remember - those count as carbs too... I've noticed on the days I exercise more or if I eat alot of protein but fewer vegetables, I can range from moderate to large amount of ketones on ketostix. Either way though, I've noticed a drop in lbs even with trace/small ketones so I think as long as you are staying in ketosis, you should continue to lose. I have a great carb counter app on my smart phone called carb master - download if you can, it's a lifesaver!!! Keep up the great work :0)
A skinny girl in me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:41 PM   #45  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi all, jumping in to join the party (before June hits and its over, lol). I've been LC-ing following Atkins induction for 9 days now and I'm down 9 lbs. I know a ton of that was water weight because my fingers have finally deflated after not being able to wear my rings for 8 months.

Thanks for posting that link regarding the ketostix. I have been on keto since about day three but the last few days they stopped registering anything above trace. My breath however...tells a different story then those dang stix

Good luck ya'll! So happy I found this thread!
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote