Old 03-07-2012, 10:02 AM   #16  
Cindy

Height: 5' 8"

Snacks! I'm making the low carb cheetos this weekend.

http://yourlighterside.com/low-carb-appetizers-recipes/
cldwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:31 AM   #17  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by cldwv View Post
OMG. I didn't know we were allowed a big mac in a bowl?! Do you know what the carb stats are?

I just do a bed of lettuce, then some finely diced dill pickle, onion if desired, i also add a bit of tomato ( personal pref). Top with a layer of finely grated old cheddar, top that with lots of warm , seasoned cooked ground beef. The dressing is where your carbs come in. You can use a couple T low carb thousand island, or 2 T full fat mayo and 1 T sugar free ketcup mixed together. The mayo plus ketchup tastes more authentic and either way, warmed up before adding to salad is even yummier.
Should be under 5 carbs if you watch the dressing
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:23 AM   #18  
Cindy

Height: 5' 8"

Thanks Natalia!
cldwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:09 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 315/310/150

Height: 5' 6"

Chip beef dip - sooooo good on any veggie, especially celery and I'm not that big of a celery fan, but It's good on cucumber too, also green pepper boats.

1 block of cream cheese, some sour cream (No specific measurement, I use just enough that won't screw up my carbs for the day) 1/4 or 1/2 a package of chipped beef, a few green onion sprigs cut up.

Warm up the block of cream cheese in microwave, just enough so you can stir it easily. Chop up green onions finely. Then add to cream cheese. Mash up the green onions in the cream cheese so it lets loose the flavor. Then add chip beef and stir.

You can eat then or put in fridge to firm back up so you can fill celery or veggies easier. This stuff is SO good!! Even if you don't really like green onions!

Greenbean Beef.
1 can of greenbeans (Or fresh), a little bit of cream cheese or sour cream, seasonings (if you want, can add mushroom soup, but not for start phase) brown green beans, mix it all together. Simple, but tastes really good and filling. I used turkey yesterday, but I didn't like it as well. Ground beef, better, for sure, I guess, Unless you like turkey more! LOL!!
JP Maidstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:25 PM   #20  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by cldwv View Post
OMG. I didn't know we were allowed a big mac in a bowl?! Do you know what the carb stats are?
Sorry. Im thinking you meant a real Big Mac. Never fear though..:

http://www.livestrong.com/thedailypl...c-without-bun/

Lol! You can ask for it "protein style" or without the bun. I would add 2g carb for the sauce though, as the sauce seperate online lists as 2g, and as their cheese is processed , likely woud be another carb.
Starvin'? Double Big Mac protein style on a bed of lettuce and a Coke Zero < 5g carb

I usually get a double cheeseburger, no ketchup and then just push it past the bun, holding everything in the wrapper in my hand so i dont look like a weirdo. But if i had a 1% chance of eating the bun, i would not hesitate to ask for it bunless.. If im filling out a meal, i get my double with zero, and a side caesar, no croutons, full fat dressing. Soooo good! Dont be alarmed at next day weighin due to sodium.
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:38 PM   #21  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

I am very lazy. So I have found ways to make my life easier. One is those steamer bags of veggies. Some can be found in the fresh produce section, such as green beans, and other frozen. All I do is stick the bag in the microwave. There is enough for a few meals in each bag.

Today I took the already cooked broccoli stuck it in a small casserole dish and covered it with some ham and sliced muenster cheese. I pop that in the micro until the cheese melts. You can also stick it under the broiler of the toaster oven, it comes better that way with the cheese.

Another thing I do is dice all the fresh veggies for my salad and stick them in a ziplock bag. Then you simply need to throw a handful into your salad greens.
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote