Old 04-02-2011, 01:47 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default would like to start

Some questions about Atkins - My trouble spot is my stomach. In fact, the rest of my body is pretty toned, and my stomach is just kind of marshmallow-y. I've heard that Atkins can help in that area. What is your experience with this? Any advice? Thanks!
kathrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 02:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

Height: 5'2

It's impossible to target fat no matter what plan or exercise routine you do. Atkins releases a lot of water so it can make you look less bloated in the face and stuff so that might be what they're referring to. My stomach has gone down considerably but I still have the dreaded belly pooch "overhang".
Linsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/130

Height: 5'5"

my mom who is not a doctor swears the weight loss goes from the head down. I started loosing weight and you could see it in my face with in a few days (probably because of what linsy said) and then I lost some inches in my arms and chest area. Of course that made me put a little more thought into what my mom said but It could be completly untrue, and probably is lol. I think that the body will loose the wieght first from where it needs it the least. For women I think the body feels your butt and tummy are where it should be hanging on lol sure is how it feels some times. But if you also target that area more with exersize I think that will help some to, but like linsy said you cant target an area with just a diet, but it sure does help with the water retention!
Brooklynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:14 AM   #4  

thanks ladies! I'm still reading through the material. I want to fully understand it before i jump in head-first but i've definitely slowed down on the carb munching. I can't wait to see what happens!
Old 04-03-2011, 12:01 PM   #5  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathrynk View Post
I'm still reading through the material. I want to fully understand it before i jump in head-first
Excellent Kathryn!!!
You CAN do this!!
All the best to you!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:35 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

Height: 5'2

Oh, one more thing! I don't know how true it is but I've read that the last place you gained is the first place you lose because your body feels uncomfortable storing fat there. So if you gained in your stomach last your body may let go of the fat their first.

Like I said this may not be true but it might give you some hope .
Linsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 01:15 PM   #7  

just checking back in - I went to the doctor on Thursday for a check up and brought up the diet and asked if she thought it would be a good idea for me. I'm 24 and have been seeing the same doctor on a regular basis since I was 17, for an ongoing, non-weight related issue, so I feel like she would be able to gauge if this would be a healthy choice for me. She said she's very familiar with the diet and that she thinks it would work for well for me, and said I can start whenever I feel ready. I guess I'm joining the Atkins ranks
Old 04-11-2011, 11:38 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 223/194/160

Height: 5' 4"

welcome kathrynk!!! good luck!!
fireravensees is offline   Reply With Quote