Old 03-03-2011, 10:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 205/184/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Not losing on Induction!

I've done Atkins before. I lost 17lbs during the 2wk Induction, going on to lose another 10 before having to stop for financial reasons. Hard to do low carb when all you can afford is Ramen!

Well, finances are better now and I'm back into it; after about 6 months. A week and a half into Induction and I've only lost 6lbs, none for the last 4 days. I'm starting to get discouraged! The first time I could hop on the scale every day and see it go down. I'm doing exactly what I did the first time, so what gives?!?
shelle58704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:21 AM   #2  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

For many people, tha more times they try low carb, the slower each subsequent weight loss is. I know it's been that way for me.. I lost crazy fast on cad yes ago as it was my first low carb plan but not sustainable as this carb addict could not limit carbs to once a day.. None is easier than some.

I think there's a couple reasons.. Maybe our bodies remember the last attempt and are trying to wait it put before giving too much of a loss..

Also the more time goes by the more dysfunctional your energy metabolism and lipolysis is.. The stricter your plan has to be so you can release any fat...

But in the end who cares how long it takes if the alternative is gaining back your six lb plus a bunch of friends not to mention the afternoon lethargy and insane cravings
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:46 PM   #3  

So should I stop torturing myself and just go to OWL?
Old 03-03-2011, 02:04 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I would move on after your first two weeks. 6 lbs is still alot in 2 weeks! congrats!

Since you've done it before it was probably less of a 'shock' to your system. Also you could have been eating lower carb before this time around than you were last time around without realizing it.

I still think 6 lbs is awesome but something the new book suggests if you are having trouble losing is keeping track of calories to make sure you aren't eating a ton of calories (way over 2000). For most people this isn't necessary but if you aren't losing you may be eating alot more calories but you should naturally eat lower calorie since you're eating less carbs and should be less hungry.
ElizabethG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:40 PM   #5  

I know 6lbs is awesome. You're right. I have no patience! Plus it is a let down after losing so much the first time.

I write down my carbs, but I don't write calories. I'll start doing that.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:26 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 197/190/145

Height: 5' 2"

I've had the same problem... but only lost 3 lbs. I think I'll start counting my calories also. From some other posts I've read I have this feeling that I may be eating too much cheese. It's hard when you've had such great success in the past for it to be so slow going this time around.
NoMoreNewClothes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:28 AM   #7  

are you older now than you were before? Age can play into this. Also, sometimes our metabolism gets shot from so much yo-yoing in diets. I know mine has! As long as you are following the plan and are in ketosis you should be losing consistently. After the first two weeks it should slow down even more to 1-2 pounds a week or sometimes more or sometimes less. I consider this a lifestyle for me now and not just a quick way to lose some weight and then go back to old habits. Good luck! and 6 pounds is nothing to sneeze at! That's 6 pounds less!
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 03:18 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieLou View Post
are you older now than you were before?
About a year.

I counted calories yesterday. I was at 1710 cal with 17 carbs. The scale did move this morning. Friday is my 'official' weigh in day. I do think I need a new scale. I have to get on 3 times, then average them cuz it keeps changing.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:36 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelle58704 View Post
About a year.

I counted calories yesterday. I was at 1710 cal with 17 carbs. The scale did move this morning. Friday is my 'official' weigh in day. I do think I need a new scale. I have to get on 3 times, then average them cuz it keeps changing.
I finally broke down and got me some good digital scales! It sure makes things easier! good luck
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote