Old 01-14-2011, 03:16 PM   #1  
IP start June 11, 2014

Default Learning patience

So, I have been following Atkin's since Jan 3rd, following induction. Messed up a bit last week and was eating the Atkins bars every day as a meal until I learned that these can mess things up. Exercise about 3-4 times a week. Managed to lose 6 lbs but have stopped there. Rather than focus on the pounds not coming off as quickly as I would hope (like some people losing 15 lbs) I do have some positive points that I should be focusing on instead of why I am not losing 15lbs in the two weeks.

1. Veggie intake has increased from what I would have normally eaten (which was close to none). Previous to theis WOE I would just eat carbs all day and still be hungry.
2. I'm not hungry all the time and just hanging on by the skin of my teeth waiting for my next meal/binge.
3. No carb cravings for this total addict...and I mean addict in a bad way.
4. Down six lbs!

I would tell someone else that said this that they were being quite successful and off to a great start. I guess we are much harder on ourselves then on others. I need to be patient with myself and with this plan. I am happy eating this way and don't feel like I am on a diet...the freedom from the cravings should count for something!

I know I need to quit watching the scale everyday, but it is hard habit to break. I gained 30 lbs from pregnancy and just want the weight gone!
kelligirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 08:12 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8

Good attitude Kelligirl!

If you genuinely feel better eating this way, then weight loss is a nice side effect! Enjoy your weekend knowing you can eat basically whatever you want and don't have to feel bad about it, get bad bloating or other upsets from it and that you won't feel hungry again in two hours. I too am loving the not having to eat every two hours, and not needing to plan snack breaks into my day :-)
claire0412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 09:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 217.5/201/160

Height: 5'4"

You have a great attitude and appear to be on the right path. Continued good luck and success.
amberbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 10:25 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 187/187/140

Height: 5ft4.5in

We ARE much harder on ourselves than others. It's always easy to GIVE advice, but much harder to take it. Even if the advice is from ourselves. Keep on doing what you're doing, it's working
BrenM is offline   Reply With Quote