Old 01-03-2011, 05:09 PM   #1  
Just starting again

S/C/G: 276/256/180 ish?

Height: 5'7

Default Help me im lost

I have been sticking to the atkins very well for the last three weeks and have gained and lost the same five pounds over and over again.I'm loosing hope I'm still tired and hungry,i have done the atkins before and know I should be energized and often full by now but its just not working out..... Please help me. I'm so proud of my staying on plan but I'm getting sad nothings happening. I have ketone strips, they are always burgundy so I dont know what's up. I haven't started working out cause I feel so drained either way I should be much further along than this, all advise is welcome thanks.
DandyDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:09 PM   #2  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

Oh, Dandydiva, I'm so sorry you're feeling so low and the scales aren't cooperating. Are you clothes fitting looser? Have you measured inches? Here's my best suggestion: copy your posting into a private message for JerseyGyrl or re-post it with a new title: "Help me, JerseyGyrl..." You'll hear from her within a day or two. She's our resident board expert and hand-holder for tough situations. Meanwhile, stay on Atkins, drink your water, and hang tight.

There's also a really good thread on the low carb friends site "Stalling - Gaining on Induction." Here's the link:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/at...induction.html

I like this site a lot and have been reading the Atkins thread for several months. I've recently started posting a little; they're nice people and have some really good information and support for those of us who experience stalls. Good Luck! I'm rooting for you!
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:13 PM   #3  
Less Juicey

Another thought...Have you had blood work done in the past year? Consider having it checked to make sure something weird's not going on with your insulin levels or your thyroid.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:18 PM   #4  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Would you mind posting a typical day's menu?
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:25 PM   #5  
Less Juicey

JerseyGyrl, you're the best!
Old 01-03-2011, 10:38 PM   #6  
Just starting again

S/C/G: 276/256/180 ish?

Height: 5'7

Default a typical meal Help me jerseygurl?

I usually have a few pieces of sausage or bacon in the morning, a cup of coffee with splenda and sugar free cream, and a miltivitamin,
tuna with pork rinds or deviled eggs for lunch,
a piece of meat and a big salad for dinner. I usually try to drink four 16oz cantienes of water a day.
I went to the gym today after work hopefully some working out will kelp me kick it into gear. I also try not to eat after 8pm wich is harder and harder if I go to the gym.
Please ladies let me know if I am missing something.
DandyDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:33 PM   #7  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandyDiva View Post
I usually have a few pieces of sausage or bacon in the morning, a cup of coffee with splenda and sugar free cream, and a miltivitamin,
tuna with pork rinds or deviled eggs for lunch,
a piece of meat and a big salad for dinner. I usually try to drink four 16oz cantienes of water a day.
I went to the gym today after work hopefully some working out will kelp me kick it into gear. I also try not to eat after 8pm wich is harder and harder if I go to the gym.
Please ladies let me know if I am missing something.
Hi DandyDiva

The 2 main focuses on Atkins should be veggies & salads from the acceptable foods list (http://www.veronicaatkinsfoundation....0Lifestyle.htm) and fat (Atkins is a high fat eating plan).

You may want to consider adding a few eggs cooked in butter or a few deviled eggs with your sausage or bacon in the morning. Maybe a big salad with some protein for lunch such as grilled chicken & a creamy Ranch dressing. Another salad along with some meat & some veggies for dinner.

Be sure you aren't using any more than 3 packets of Splenda a day and 3 Tbsp of Heavy Cream.

For some great recipes & snack ideas, this website is the best!
http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html
Anything marked with an * is Induction friendly

Hope this helps.

All the best to you!

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 01-03-2011 at 11:36 PM.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:01 AM   #8  
Ms. Fat Smasher

S/C/G: 338/329/175

Height: 6'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGyrl View Post
Hi DandyDiva

The 2 main focuses on Atkins should be veggies & salads from the acceptable foods list (http://www.veronicaatkinsfoundation....0Lifestyle.htm) and fat (Atkins is a high fat eating plan).

You may want to consider adding a few eggs cooked in butter or a few deviled eggs with your sausage or bacon in the morning. Maybe a big salad with some protein for lunch such as grilled chicken & a creamy Ranch dressing. Another salad along with some meat & some veggies for dinner.

Be sure you aren't using any more than 3 packets of Splenda a day and 3 Tbsp of Heavy Cream.

For some great recipes & snack ideas, this website is the best!
http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html
Anything marked with an * is Induction friendly

Hope this helps.

All the best to you!

I just wanted to add one thing: keep a careful eye on purchasing bacon and sausage - most contain sugar! I actually had to throw out and re-shop for ham, bacon and sausage.

Last edited by fatklr; 01-04-2011 at 09:02 AM.
fatklr is offline   Reply With Quote