Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 01:12 PM   #46  
cher37

Great job Ghost Girl!!

... Leslie, we've been watching Biggest Loser since season 2 - I was really motivated by it (when I used to exercise a lot), but now, unfortunately - it just leaves me discouraged (I don't think I'll ever see 13-20lb/wk weight loss), especially b/c this conversation eventually arises during the show:

my hubby comments: "if they can do it how come we can't"
I reply: "I could too, if I was on a fat ranch"
to his reply: "excuses, excuses"

(ok. enough of a snapshot into my exciting life! )

Old 09-05-2010, 01:42 PM   #47  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by cher37 View Post
Great job [COLOR="DarkOrange"]
my hubby comments: "if they can do it how come we can't"
I reply: "I could too, if I was on a fat ranch"
Exactly Cher!
I've never cared for TBL because it isn't realistic. Average people don't exercise severely hours a day or have personal chef's.
Old 09-05-2010, 06:52 PM   #48  
cher37

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGyrl View Post
Exactly Cher!
I've never cared for TBL because it isn't realistic. Average people don't exercise severely hours a day or have personal chef's.
Before my hip injury, I used to...
exercise at the gym 4hrs/day (2hrs am + 2 hrs pm)
+ walked the dog 2hrs/day (45 min am + 30 min lunch + 45 min pm)
+ walked to & from work 15 mins x 2)
= 6.5 hrs/day every day x 5 days + Saturdays & Sundays

every day for 3 months & lost 38lbs

... my point being - it IS possible to work out a lot - unfortunately with the distractions of life & work, it becomes too much & that's why I said that I could do it if I lived on a fat ranch (where my only focus is exercise & lose weight)

Old 09-05-2010, 06:58 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 241/194/160

I couldn't do it, not realistic for my life at all. I have had periods of time when exercise focused strongly but it came at a cost to other things, I could not continue to exercise even 2 - 3 hours a day and not be neglecting my family or work or .... but thats just me. Now I work 12 hour shifts, fit exercise in when I can, make an effort to get at least 1 hour 3X week in as well as some dog walking etc. but it has to fit my life or else I will not maintain it.

I have watched the biggest loser off and on if I happen to be home ...... but I applaud them for sticking with the program and for being willing to put themselves out there on international tv
Old 09-05-2010, 07:18 PM   #50  
cher37

Yep, Shells, it was hard - that's why I'm so glad I happened upon Atkins and now exercise 1-2 hrs/day (dog walks + pilates)!

- Losing weight, whether with an extreme or moderate exercise routine, requires dedication and determination.

- So stay focused ladies & have a great week!! I'm looking forward to our next weigh-in on Saturday!!

Old 09-05-2010, 09:24 PM   #51  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

Default No to "The Biggest Loser," please...

Please let's not discuss TBL on our challenge thread. I don't watch it and don't want to read about it. I'm living in a real world challenge every day and could care less about temporary tv reality participants.

If TBL is an interest, please start a "TBL Fan Thread."

Last edited by sandyfanny; 09-05-2010 at 10:06 PM. Reason: error
Old 09-05-2010, 09:50 PM   #52  
Less Juicey

Ouch, ouch, oweeee! This thread is a little more specific than some; we are FOCUSED on supporting each other in our 30 Pounds by Christmas Challenge. I'd really like to keep the focus...I'm just sayin'...

Starting a "TBL Fan Thread" is a good idea; the show has millions of fans and regular viewers. Enjoy.
Old 09-05-2010, 10:11 PM   #53  
Less Juicey

Ghost girl, I love your ticker...it's so cute! And it's counting you down. Three pounds is a really good loss. Keep up your witchy ways and you'll be down 30 pounds, no problem!

I lost two pounds this week and was glad to get it. Thanks, Cher, for the encouraging words. Enjoy your Labor Day and be safe.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:51 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 197/175.6/145

Height: 5'7"

Hello all,
life is good, weight is bad. My hubby is home. Yay! and we found out he doesn't have to leave so soon. However, my weight has done nothing but go up. I will weigh in next Saturday with everyone. I was traveling and didn't have access to a scale. So next week it is.

I think we should start a new thread next Saturday. I agree with Sandyfanny that it should be a strictly weigh in thread.

LeslieLou- I would love to discuss Biggest loser any day of the week. We love that show.
Old 09-06-2010, 02:51 AM   #55  

S/C/G: starting size 18/ Goal size 10

Height: 5'5''

I had hoped for more than three pounds this week.
I am doing Atkins 100% and now I only weigh each Saturday, It was really getting me down watching the scale go up and down daily.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:08 AM   #56  
Less Juicey

Default It's all good...

Ghost Girl, celebrate your loss and stay on plan...our bodies are complicated, and they just won't always do what we want them to! A three-pound loss is excellent. I'm a little jealous...just a little because I know how hard you worked for that loss. The weight will come off.

Lts Girl, traveling always seems to affect my loss; I showed a five-pound gain in one week on a weekend trip...but I lost it the next week (and then mysteriously regained part of it). I think we tend to drink less water; we're eating food that we don't know for sure what's in it; and we might miss our walks or the exercise in our daily routines. Celebrate your guy's being home with lots of indoor exercise and yummy Atkins' eating. Make that man a pot roast!
Old 09-06-2010, 09:31 AM   #57  
Less Juicey

Default Santa Sighting

My first Santa sighting...yesterday in the grocery store, a Paula Deen special holiday recipe magazine. My very next thought was: "The 30 Pound Challenge! OMG...it'll be here before we know it!"

If I were 5'10", a man, and had amazing metabolism, I'd live off of Paula Deen. Since I'm none of the above, I did NOT buy that pricey, FAT magazine.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:40 AM   #58  
cher37

Default Monday's Here!!

Good Morning Ladies

Now's the time to drink our water, eat our protein, & lots of veggies!

Our weigh-in is in 5 days

Have a good one!!

/cheryl

p.s. We'll continue using this thread to record our weight losses & any struggles that we may have in reaching our 30lb weight loss goal.

Last edited by cher37; 09-06-2010 at 11:57 AM. Reason: additional note

Old 09-07-2010, 10:14 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 260.2/228/145

Height: 5'4"

Labor Day was not good to me :0( But today I shall prevail!!!! Back on track and eating Atkins induction ALL THE WAY!!! No cheats!!!

Happy Tuesday!!!
Old 09-07-2010, 10:40 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 223/?/?

Good morning. I just happened upon your thread and wondered if you allow late joiners? I fell off the Atkins wagon in the spring and have gained quite a bit. A 30 by Christmas challenge is just what I need to get back on track. I weighed in today at 223.
Closed Thread