Old 08-26-2010, 08:27 AM   #16  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

I am doing well sticking to the induction plan in my book. I was stalled for a while, and am losing again this way.
good luck for you
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 03:27 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 195/130/135

Height: 5'4"

Hang in there honey!

Atkins is a FABULOUS diet and works SO well if you work it! And I know you can do it!

deena
Deena52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:22 AM   #18  

I have to admit, I am truely amazed. Its been two weeks. I weighed the other day and I was down 9lbs. I have lost an inch off my hips and thighs and a half and inch on my waist. I have a neck again. I have cheekbones again. I have ankles again. I am holding off seeing if my wedding rings fit as I dont want to loose this high I am on and have anything bring it down. Will do in the next few days though. I am over the moon. I can not believe how fast this change has happend. Its only been two weeks.

So now over induction. I have pretty much cut coffee out of my diet except maybe a cup of decalf espresso and cream. I am enjoying having my roobios tea, especially the one with vanilla. I think I was truely addicted to coffee. I am rarely hungry.

So now I need to figure out my next steps and start adding a bit more to this diet.

Plus, my sister is going to start. I sent her a before and after shot. She can tell my face is thinner already.
frazzeled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:44 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/129

Height: 5'4"

Frazzled -- I'm right there with you. I'm only on Day 4 of induction, but already I feel so. much. better! I've been sleeping better than I have in long time, and I'm WAYYYYY less puffy. What surprises me most is how GOOD I feel -- less stressed, less irritable, etc. Who would have thought?

What are you going to add into your diet next? Once my two weeks are up, I'm thinking that I might add more veggies . . .
SissieSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 07:45 AM   #20  

I need to add more carbs, I havent been getting enough. I know that for sure. I try and have a veggie platter in the evening to snack on... its my danger zone time... but I am not all that hungry most of the time.

I lost another 2lbs. I am down 11Lbs totals. Long way to go, but I am jazzed for this jumpstart. Its really motivated me to stay on this.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:40 AM   #21  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

I am not getting the big losses like you, but did rev it up a bit, and after just losing 2 pounds a month for 9 months, losing 3 in 10 days seems pretty wonderful. Absolutely no ketones in my urine tho. Not a one.
go figure. Fasting blood sugars down to non-diabetic ranges. thats a great NSV
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 03:07 PM   #22  
Maintaining (Lacto-Paleo)

S/C/G: 120s

Height: 5' 6.75"

Frazzeled, congratulations on your success!
SilverLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:20 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deena52 View Post
Hi frazzeled and welcome.

Getting and reading Dr. Atkin's book is a serious must. I think I read it 10 times as soon as I got it. The main reason for this is not only to be sure you are eating the right foods (I learned I was making a few mistakes early on) but because you have to re-align your thinking...due to all the nutrition propaganda (well, *I* think it's propoganda, a good bit of it)...where fat is bad. You seriously have to reverse most of the stuff you've been told and believed for your life.

The main principles are:

*you generally eat a normal amount of protein, it's not mainly protein. It may SEEM like a lot of protein, since you no longer can eat all the junky carbs...but the reality is that it's a normal amount.
*The bulk of the diet is veggies....BUT filling because you add butter and/or cheese.
*You MUST get your fat in. Inadequate fat will slow down the weight loss.
*Basically....it's lots of veggies, normal protein, plenty of fat....and NO junky carbs.......and most carbs will come from veggies.

If you read the book and start eating while following the list...you'll get the hang of it and become an expert on it.

IMO...it's a great diet/WOE.......it's healthy, it works, you're not hungry and you feel good on it. I have to think that those who mess up or ditch it do so because they either didn't read the book so did a few things wrong and didn't lose so gave up or else absolutely refused to give up sugar, etc. Otherwise, I can't fathom why anyone would not love this diet.

deena

Oh....and to answer your question regarding calorie counting......No, you do not count calories...per se.....but you DO want to make sure you keep calories within fairly reasonable parameters. In other words, let's face it....you'd have trouble losing if you ate 6,000 cal/day of pure Atkin's approved foods. So yeah, you can't just eat endless and ridiculous amounts of calories and still lose. BUT...you do not count calories as a practical matter. Gone are the days where you worry when you see the calorie count of a baked chicken leg. It's protein and fat....so it's good...and eat it...even eat two....and don't even worry about the calories.
DON'T FORGET TO EAT THE SKIN
kellyd23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 12:29 PM   #24  

Well I have reached my first mini goal. I have lost a stone... aka 14lbs. I feel so much better for it. Next mini goal is to be down 20lbs. I am doing really well with the day to day living on Atkins too. I am able to cope, even when we go out. I am so pleased with how it works and the fat that seems to be falling away.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:33 PM   #25  
Maintaining (Lacto-Paleo)

S/C/G: 120s

Height: 5' 6.75"

Frazzeled, congratulations! That is thrilling. Here's to your next success!
SilverLife is offline   Reply With Quote