Old 05-14-2010, 09:14 PM   #31  
Carbs are evil

Height: 5'6"

Thanks Sweetchic82... It's funny the little bits of information that can actually make a big difference
imstuffed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:47 AM   #32  

Hi all,
Back in town and it has been very stressful!!! I ate carbs all week!!!!! and then became sick with a cold!!! I have another very stressful week ahead. I feel awful and just want this to be all over with! I feel mad at myself for not making good choices and for not thinking enough about what I could eat instead of quick sandwiches etc. I am down in the dumps and need some help! But I do have one good thing happening. I have a friend who has to move and she is giving me her treadmill. I have always wanted one. Walking is my preferred exercise and I don't like to walk in our neighborhood because of the dogs. So I have avoided that exercise. Now I will be able to get some walking in each day....yay!
Elstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 01:28 PM   #33  
Carbs are evil

Hi Elstyle, sorry to hear you're feeling down. The best advice i can give is to forget about the last week, it's over now and no matter how much fretting you do over what you've been eating you can't change it! Take a deep breath and look to how wonderful your future will be when you make the right choices and eat the right foods. You're going to feel so good inside and out Let us know how you get on with the treadmill.. i've been considering investing in one too
Old 05-16-2010, 10:49 PM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elstyle View Post
Hi all,
Back in town and it has been very stressful!!! I ate carbs all week!!!!! and then became sick with a cold!!! I have another very stressful week ahead. I feel awful and just want this to be all over with! I feel mad at myself for not making good choices and for not thinking enough about what I could eat instead of quick sandwiches etc. I am down in the dumps and need some help! But I do have one good thing happening. I have a friend who has to move and she is giving me her treadmill. I have always wanted one. Walking is my preferred exercise and I don't like to walk in our neighborhood because of the dogs. So I have avoided that exercise. Now I will be able to get some walking in each day....yay!
Hiya Elstyle, its ok you can still start back the induction process, woohoo on getting the treadmill,that is great news.

Update: After 2 weeks of induction ending on 15 May 2010, i have lost 5.5kg. Now im on extended induction, on day two: have lost a total of 6KG so far.so i believe atkins really works,im hoping to continue until end of May . Then i will decide whether to continue or with a modified version, i so miss fruits hehhe
sweetchic82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 06:53 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 235 / 189 / 165

Hi All, checking back in

I've been doing well - my babystep plan worked - setting my sights just on Thursday gave me a small enough window to get a good start last week, then I re-committed through the weekend & today am able to commit to a whole week.

I'm also starting back on exercise, which I've neglected for far too long.

I post regularly on my blog but only check the Atkins forum once a week - but I'm rooting for all of you from afar!
sarahinparis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:05 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 212/ticker/155

Height: 5'7

Elstyle, I feel ya! This weekend was my daughters birthday and we had a cookout with burgers, fried potatoes (my fave), pizza, cookies, cake and ice cream. I caved...it sure was good though! But not worth the 4 pounds I gained from it all. I'm hoping most of it is water and I'll get back to myself within the next few days.
Tomorrow is a new day and I'll start all over. It did taste good however I felt so yuck after eating it. Back to no carbs so I can feel good again.

Sarah: glad the baby steps are working! yay!
memoree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:00 PM   #37  

Hi all....thank you so much for your thoughtful and helpful comments!!!! I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, and I am feeling much better from my cold. I have my new treadmill and plan to get on it tomorrow for my first exercise in a great while. I will start slow and just add a little each day. It is going to be so much more convenient! It seems like there is no end to the birthdays, holidays, celebrations, sheesh! I am going to have to get a plan for those times. I am back on induction and I really do like it. I always feel so much better and have more energy. Thank you again for your kind words...This is the first time I have really felt a connection with an online support group. I think it is because it is specifically Atkins. Most people do not understand Atkins and so I can't really talk about it with them.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:12 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 212/ticker/155

Height: 5'7

congrats on the treadmill!
I did some speed walking yesterday. I did 2 miles. It felt so good (until this morning!LOL) my muscles are a bit sore.
I hate exercise, I really do but when I do it I feel so much better!
I'm sure you'll feel just as great once you start walking with your treadmill.
memoree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 01:06 AM   #39  

I am finally through the tough weeks; I am back on track with my induction and made a wonderful vegie soup that I really enjoyed. I also tried a curry beef recipe which was so so. The treadmill is great. I need to read up on how to set up a workout, but I am taking it slowly. I have not been exercising for quite a long time. I sit at a computer all day and my favorite activities are reading and watching old movies! But I am hanging in there. Thanks for all the encouragement!
Old 05-26-2010, 07:58 AM   #40  
Carbs are evil

Good for you elstyle! What did you put in your veggie soup? Im looking for inspiration.. not getting enough veg at all!
Old 05-26-2010, 05:08 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 153/133/132

Height: 5.5

Hi there,

I am on week 2 of induction - I lost 3 lbs the first 3 days and now I am just sitting here at the same weight.

Do any of you have any suggestions? I really only want to drop about 2-3 more pounds, but if I am doing this strict of a diet I would love to see the scale move.

I haven't counted my calories at all = are you all?
greenfishgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 05:11 PM   #42  
Carbs are evil

I would say just be patient! I have found it easier to eat this way after the first week, and my weight loss also slowed down. I'm about 3 weeks into it now and have lost just under 10lbs. the first week was about 6lbs and 2lbs a week after that. What i have learned from others on here though is if you are planning to do atkins to lose a few quick pounds and then go back to eating as before, you may as well quit now. The weight will pile straight back on. You need to modify your eating for good rather than crash dieting
Old 05-27-2010, 01:54 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 153/133/132

Height: 5.5

Thanks imstuffed.

No, I am not doing this as a crash diet. I have lost 20lbs by calorie counting, but kept eating nothing but "bad" calories. So I switched to Atkins hoping to get off the sugar addiction and so I would actually eat real food.

Normally with calorie counting I could expect to lose at least a pound per week IF I stayed on plan. I also hear of people losing alot the first 2 weeks, so I was hoping to be one of those people.

Basically I just want to be sure I am doing this right. If you are going to work hard at something, you don't want it to be in the wrong direction.
greenfishgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:30 PM   #44  
Carbs are evil

as far as i know the more weight someone has on them the more they lose in those first few weeks. Anyway, the first week is mostly water loss so i wouldnt get too stressed about it! Once you're happy enough that you can stick to it the weight will come off in a timing that is personal to you - i only wish we were all the same in that regard, i heard of someone else losing 25lbs in the first two weeks!! Id be half way there ha
Old 05-27-2010, 08:03 PM   #45  

My vegie soup was a small package of broccoli and cauliflower florets and a few small pieces of carrot, cooked in one can of organic chicken broth. Cook till tender, cool. Pour all with a little more water in the blender. Return to pan, heat, add about 1/2 c. cream, season, and enjoy. I have also added a few slices of American Cheese for protein (it melts well). You could use most any vegetable, but the cauliflower makes it thicken.

Been sitting at my computer all day. I am going for a walk on my treadmill!