Old 05-06-2010, 09:26 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 212/ticker/155

Height: 5'7

sweetchic,
This is my first attempt at it as well. And it's working! I'm so excited!

Yesterday I had to go to Target on my lunch break and purchase a belt. My pants wouldn't stay up! LOL. I was tired of pulling them up. I didn't realize when I left the house they were that loose. That was a great "feel good" purchase!
memoree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 11:12 PM   #17  

Memoree, woohoo congrat on the "feel good purchase" heheh, it is definately worth all the sacrifice ...We can do this
sweetchic82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 12:30 PM   #18  

Hi all,
I still have not weighed myself. I am feeling much better, sleeping better, more energy, and a tiny bit loser in my jeans, soooo..... I just still don't want to weigh. I am doing great staying with my program, but this weekend is a challenge. I am part of a Mother's Day party today at the Old Spaghetti Factory...! Sheesh! I did look at the menu and if I stick with the chicken Caesar salad I should be ok. Tomorrow I am invited to my daughter-in-law's home for a pasta lunch as well. This is a great effort on her part, so I don't want to bog anything down. I will be as careful as possible. Also, I have a big week next week, have to be out of town, and am planning in my mind what I will eat out. Hey, this is life and I need to deal with it. I will be on this program for a very long time and I need to make it work in my life. Thanks to all of you who contribute to this thread. I really enjoy reading your posts and find it very helpful. I am going to try the Flaxseed Muffin as soon as possible! What kind of dish do you cook it in?
Elstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 04:46 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 204/204/145

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elstyle View Post
I am going to try the Flaxseed Muffin as soon as possible! What kind of dish do you cook it in?
Hello! I make this muffin every morning for breakfast - even at work! At home I cook it in a soup mug. At work I cook it in a disposable bowl from our cafeteria.

Please note somewhere on this thread that they used 1/4 cup of splenda - the recipe I follow calls for 1 packet. 1/4 cup of splenda will results in more than 1 net carb. I use cinnamon too.

I am now past induction, so I use this muffin for a personal pizza too. After it is cooked, you just add a little pizza sauce and then toppings. I like it!

Keep up the good work!
fatBgone07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 10:29 AM   #20  

I cook my muffin in a small rubbermaid bowl. I cook a few up and wrap them in saran wrap for work.

Sometimes I use more splenda if I want a sweeter muffin and sometimes I just put a dab. I eat at least one everyday and right now I'm losing anywhere from 1/2 - 1 pound a day. (I weigh daily, I'm an addict!)
Old 05-09-2010, 10:32 AM   #21  

oops, my bad, that was my recipe and a typo. (I edited the original post)
I use about 1/8 c. splenda for my muffin.
The original recipe also calls for 1 tbsp of butter but I have omitted that and can not tell the difference.
Old 05-09-2010, 08:45 PM   #22  

Hiya Elstyle, we can do it , just be strong and plan ahead, i had my mothers birthday last week and i managed to resist the delicious looking ice cream cake, thankfully there were some fried shrimps at the birthday spread so i ate those instead hhehe and tried to look as if im not dieting , some people will not understand and try to force carbs on us heheh. Its a challenge but we can overcome it, im just thinking of all the lovely clothes i can use to motivate me hehe.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:13 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 235 / 189 / 165

I've been really struggling with getting back on track. I tried, made it 2 days, and caved in. Then did the same thing last week, made it Monday-Friday evening, then the weekend was a mess.

So now this week I'm taking a different approach - much smaller goals, much shorter focus (just until Thursday, then I'll make a new plan). It's a stressful week for me.
sarahinparis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:22 PM   #24  

sarahinparis,

I understand where you are coming from, just have to start back the next day no matter what, we are all supporting you and ourselves in this journey, losing weight is never easy, sometimes i wonder why i put myself on this journey but when i listed down the benefits of doing so, i get back on track and try to strengthen my will power. We can do this, just believe in ourselves . Sometimes when we are stressed we deserve a day off .

Updates Day 10 induction: 4.5 Kg loss. But today is also the start of my TOM, boohoo so im not weighing myself until its over*crosses fingers*. Im planning to do extended induction

Last edited by sweetchic82; 05-10-2010 at 10:23 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:09 AM   #25  

sarah, it's definitely a bumpy ride on this journey but you CAN do it!! Sometimes taking a day off is just what is needed. Don't give up!

sweetchic, congrats on the weight loss! woohoo! you're doing great! I plan on doing extended induction as well. I can't believe it but on this diet I do not get hungry at all.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:29 PM   #26  

memoree, thanks hun , we can do this together, we just have to be strong(which is hard some days), move more and drink more water. But as im having my TOM, my exercise schedule is going all out of wonk heheh the bloat factor is not helping , i will try to exercise at least 20 mins a day .
Old 05-12-2010, 10:13 AM   #27  

exercise is what I need. I hate it though!! I do like to walk and ride my bike but it's been raining so much here I haven't gotten out. (I hate treadmills and stationary bikes, just bores me)
Ok enough excuses I REALLY need to do it. I should pull out a video this evening and walk the pounds off.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:48 PM   #28  

Oooo i love leslie sansone video, but now im focusing on Turbo Jam , i love chalene johnson she is soo inspiring
Old 05-13-2010, 03:51 AM   #29  
Carbs are evil

Height: 5'6"

Congrats everyone on they're progress

Sweetchic82 - I saw you mentioned not weighing yourself during your TOM. I've seen this mentioned before but i'm curious as to why might not lose weight during this time if we are still eating the same. Any ideas?
imstuffed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 09:04 PM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by imstuffed View Post
Congrats everyone on they're progress

Sweetchic82 - I saw you mentioned not weighing yourself during your TOM. I've seen this mentioned before but i'm curious as to why might not lose weight during this time if we are still eating the same. Any ideas?
They do not encourage weighing in during your TOM, because it affects the ketosis process ultimately the weight loss process, thus it is better to weigh after your period end because that will show your true weight loss