Old 01-26-2010, 08:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 176/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Default How many different size clothes do you have in your closet?

I have so many different size clothes that it's just crazy! Mostly I live in men's jogging pants (can't wear women's because my legs are too long), yeah, I have a funny body.. I am all legs so I could never wear jeans because my waist is almost up to my breasts! I measured the distance once, and it's only a 3 inch difference! So I have to wear men's pants. I need the longer inseam as well even though I am 5'6.

Anyway, years ago when I worked in an office I only wore dresses and I took a look in my closet and I have dresses from Size 8 to Size 2X!

I can't wait until I fit into one of my old dresses again as dresses are comfortable for me..

Am I the only one who has this span of different sizes in my closet?

Toby
TobyThin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:58 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 269/269/150

Height: 5'7

No Toby, you are not the only one! I have stuff ranging from size 6 to size 26!! Before I moved two months ago, I used to keep some of my really skinny clothes out to try and motivate myself to get back on track but all it seemed to do was depress me. Now all those "skinny clothes" are in storage. I will fit back in to some of those clothes one day, hopefully soon. Today is my first day back on WW and I bought an elliptical machine that I think may be trying to kill me, but I am exercising for the first time in years.
Stacie
stacier37415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:25 PM   #3  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

My closet ranges from size 8 up to 22W/24

I have a couple beautiful size 8 skirts I bought for a San Francisco trip in 2000. It was too cold to wear them that June, and I never got a chance to wear them because I started to gain weight after that period. Poop! Heh!

But 10 years later, I still have them... Beaded and embroidered silk is just too nice to give away, and I will wear them, if not this year, next year!
BerkshireGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:29 PM   #4  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

I have sizes 6 through 22, if you count the one pair of pants I saved from my high weight, just for comparison's sake. When I'm feeling down about how long it's taken me to get to my goal, I try them on to remind myself of how far I've really come.

I have a size 6 blouse that fits and a few size 8 dresses, but I'm still in size 10 pants. My top is waaaay smaller than my bottom, though my chest is pretty ample (34DD) so I have a range of sizes I'm wearing, as well as old 'fat' clothes.

I finally dragged the 1X and 2X wrap dresses out of my closet and stuck them in a bag to take to the thrift store. They've made it as far as my dining room so far.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:41 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5" and 48 years old

My closet ranges from 10 short to 14 short in jeans (and I was getting too big for the 14S jeans. They fit nicely now, which I'm glad of. I do look forward someday to getting down to a lower size, maybe even the size 10S someday.
HealthierLori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:53 PM   #6  
cher37

I wish that I had size 8's in my closet, but no, I digress - used to have 12's though

but I do have mostly size 14's, but have added 16 & 18's into the mix ... good news though ... I'm giving my 18's to my sister this weekend
Old 01-26-2010, 04:16 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/155/125

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistoo View Post
I have sizes 6 through 22, if you count the one pair of pants I saved from my high weight, just for comparison's sake. When I'm feeling down about how long it's taken me to get to my goal, I try them on to remind myself of how far I've really come.
This is a great idea thistoo! I have been stalled a while so when I get home I am going to try some older jeans on and maybe get some motivation back. As for the question I have everything from size 4 to size 14. I still keep the 4s from high school around, even though that was over 5 years ago. I don't think they will ever fit again but if I can get them up over my thighs one day I will be happy.
aadb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 05:52 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 195/130/135

Height: 5'4"

Since I mainly wear jeans, right now I have (men's size..I like men's levi's)...40" waist, 38" waist, 36" waist, 34" waist and 32" waist (some of which are now getting too loose on me). My son has 30" waist jeans and I plan to try them on (though I think I'm more like a 31" waist right now).

I have a whole bunch of size 10's back at the house....more dressy/casual clothes....from the 12 years I maintained on Atkins maintenance.

Thank goodness for thrift shops....or this constant drop in jeans sizes so quickly would have really cost me a pretty penny, otherwise.

deena
Deena52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 06:12 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 241/223/160

A few size 10's from my glory days (sigh) all the way up to size 20 jeans that I recently HAD TO buy.

Thrift shop is a great idea, I did that when I was getting fatter and telling myself I would lose the weight real soon. Now, I'm hoping to use the thrift shop tip for the interim sizes while I'm losing!

I go to TJ Maxx and AJ Wright and get great jeans for ten bucks - the kind that sell in the dept stores for much more.

Oh, and forgot to mention - Freecycle too! I used to get clothes from Freecycle when I did not want to invest $ in being the size that I was.

Last edited by Mariella; 01-26-2010 at 06:16 PM.
Mariella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 06:15 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 176/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Yes, what to do with all my clothes? Well, as Scarlett O'Hara said "I'll think about it tomorrow".. Some of my clothes are just too good to give away and I hope one day I will fit back into them again. Even when I was thin, I had to hide my waist because it's way too high but I'm not complaining, that's how my body was built. That's why all this fat is around my middle, it didn't go to my legs!

You can turn me on my side and really roll me down a hill! LOL! Hey, if I can't make fun of myself what good is it?

But no way I am spending money on clothes. Once I got these jogging sets (men sizes) that's it for me for the winter. I wonder what I will be posting this summer? Not that I mean to pass the time but I am most certainly curious!

Deena, that's great that you lost so much and are doing so great! Good for you! Toby
TobyThin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 06:39 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 195/130/135

Thanks, Toby

I'm down to 141 now....I look in the mirror and almost can't believe it. I'm serious. And the thing is...it happened so fast, relatively speaking. I struggled for almost 4 years, trying to get the diet to work (I'd become overly sensitive to artificial sweetener, it turns out)....and then suddenly, poof, about 7 short months and I went from obese to normal.

You don't have all that much to lose, compared to me. I'm only 5'4" and I was up to 195 lbs.! (from medication...which I stopped). You're 2 inches taller than me and already 21 lbs. less than I was when I started. You can get this done in just a few months, believe me.

I am also VERY short-waisted. Big chest and hips but I joke that there's a sign at my waist that says "welcome to waist" on both sides of the sign. High-waist pants go right up to my chest (which then looks like a huge shelf...hehe). I live in jeans because I'm so comfortable in men's levi's...I love the low-waisted (hip-hugger) boot-cut ones...but will settle for whatever's in the thrift shop, of course.

Mariella...what is Freecycle? I never heard of that. Is that on the east coast?

deena
Deena52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:02 PM   #12  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

I was just going through all my jeans today. Jeans vary so much, it's ridiculous.

These sizes were flat out too big:
9/10, 13, 10 (stretchy), 12

These sizes fit comfortably after washed and dried, but I know they'll be too loose after wearing them for a day:
9, 12, 10, 10

There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to it, but at least none were too small!. I do need to get new jeans though. No more joking around, lol. It's getting to the point where I have to hold my pants up as I walk around. I'll start out with trying on 9's, I think, but I bet I'd fit in anything from an 8-12 depending on the brand/cut of jeans.
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:11 PM   #13  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deena52 View Post
Mariella...what is Freecycle? I never heard of that. Is that on the east coast?
Freecycle is a mailing list (on Yahoo!, I think?) where people in a given community give stuff away/trade for other stuff. If you've got something you don't want anymore, you put it on Freecycle and someone in your town will come get it from you, basically. It's like Craigslist, except there's no website or money exchanged. There are Freecycle groups in different communities, so it just depends how big your town is/how close you are to a metropolis.

I'm way short-waisted too. On somebody who's 5'0", it is not cute.

Last edited by thistoo; 01-26-2010 at 08:12 PM.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:19 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 266/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I have a few... those that I'd expect to fit into some day, and some that I hope not to, but when there's nothing else I'll wear em. I have a size 13, and 14 somewhere... but lots of 16s (I hope I hope... or I think I can, I think I can!) and lots of 18s, some I can't wear, a couple 20's, 22, and one 24.
NightAngel26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:20 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 266/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Sadly, I'm amazed at what people can fit into... even at 160lbs, I couldnt get below a 16!!! Argh... hips I guess...or my butt o/O... anybody else have this problem?
NightAngel26 is offline   Reply With Quote