Old 01-23-2010, 10:42 PM   #1  
Jessica

S/C/G: 210/202/160

Height: 5.2

Default Mock mashed taters (cauliflower)

So i steamed the cauliflower and then mashed them up with a dash of milk, butter, S&P.. I remember making this way back when i first did low carb. ANYWAYS.. I think they are good my boyfriend however doesn't like them... this is his first time doing low/good carb. They resemble mashed potatoes. It's the next best thing! My mom uses her food processor to really make them smooth, but that's just to much work for me (that and i dont have one). I just used a 'potato' masher... yum yum!!
JessicaRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 10:52 PM   #2  

I've been thinking about trying them. I wanted to roast it first. I've also seen it used as rice. I would love to make some curries. I used to hate cauliflower, but I ate some at an Indian restaurant yesterday and didn't mind it. I saw another recipe where it was used as a pizza crust. http://www.examiner.com/x-355-Low-Ca...ts-Wow-in-Gold
wendyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 10:59 PM   #3  
Jessica

wow! Pizza crust! I just showed my bf and he said "we gotta try that".. Anything to get him to eat his veggies! wow im so excited to try that it looks so good. Have you tried it yet?
Old 01-24-2010, 04:08 AM   #4  
live, laugh, love

S/C/G: 265/202/160

Height: 5'5

i love them...i make them all the time when the family is having mash potatoes. i first got the idea on the biggest loser.

ang
canadianangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 06:43 AM   #5  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

This recipe is Atkins Induction friendly and its delicious.....http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/mock_mashed_potatoes.html
You can also make mock macaroni & cheese using cauliflower....http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/mockafoni_cheese.html
as well as faux rice.... http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/faux_rice.html
and, my favorite, stuffed baked "potaotes"....http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/just_li..._potatoes.html
ALL Atkins Induction friendly
And the cauliflower pizza is delicious! You can't tell its cauliflower.

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 01-24-2010 at 06:55 AM.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:17 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 176/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Wow, it really amazes me how many recipes there are that use cauliflower. I keep my freezer stocked up with the frozen type and recently bought a fresh head of cauliflower.

Now the question is what should I make? The Pizza sounds great, the "baked potatoes" sound great, oh, decisions, decisions! LOL!

Atkins is not boring at all... That's for sure! I am so grateful for this forum as I keep learning new things and finding new recipes, thanks!

Toby
TobyThin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:09 AM   #7  
CD3

S/C/G: 223/211/150

Height: 5'3"

I made these last night. Didn't tell the kids what they were as they protest to things they "don't like" but they all thought they were pretty good. My 8 yr old really liked them. I followed a recipe from George Stella that used 1 Tbsp of cream cheese - no milk - and you could add a pat of butter after you served them if you wanted. I didn't as they were very tasty without. This is one I will definitely make often! Yummy!
CD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 12:49 AM   #8  
Jessica

ah yeah i should use the cream cheese instead of milk.. i didnt think of that..