Old 11-23-2009, 11:25 AM   #1  
Kimberley

S/C/G: 23st 6lbs

Height: 5ft 11

Question Im not sure what to do with myself?

I am currently doing reasonably ok on calorie counting but i am considering switching to atkins, i have a dress which i wore 3 years ago and i really really want to wear it for xmas its a size to small at the minute (well perhaps closer to 2 if im honest with myself) and im considering going onto atkins at least till xmas just to get some rapid weight loss going and then going back onto low cal diet after the new year, also money isnt the best at the minute and i know atkins can be expensive so im not sure about what to do for the best? anyone got any recommendations?
kimberleyanddarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 04:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 235 / 189 / 165

Hi,

If what you're doing is working than it might make more sense to stay with that , if the only thing that's making you think of switching is "fast weight loss" because low carb programs like Atkins are not always faster for everyone, and you have to really believe in what you are doing & why to stick to it.

In this phase of my life, I have found low carb easier to stick to than calorie counting, but I spent many years counting calories & don't think I always would have felt the same. I know that low carb has a lot of benefits for me, but super-fast weight loss is not among them.

There was one book I read several years ago that had a peice of advice I've rarely seen repeated but that did help me a lot. The book is by a lawyer who lost weight, title was 'making the case for yourself' and her philosophy was to change diets as soon as she got bored. For someone who needs a lot of motivation and novelty it can be a good approach because you keep reliving the 'wheee! new diet!' feeling as you change plans. If that sounds like something you could use, then maybe a move to Atkins could help for a while.

Good luck w whatever you choose!
sarahinparis is offline   Reply With Quote