Old 02-16-2009, 02:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 161/161/110

Height: 5'5

Default When does the carb cravings go away?

I loveeeeeeeeee bread. I need to know how many days would it take for the cravings to go away so I can work harder to not eat them.
OneDoubleZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 03:21 PM   #2  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneDoubleZero View Post
I loveeeeeeeeee bread. I need to know how many days would it take for the cravings to go away so I can work harder to not eat them.
Bread, huh? My weakness was Basmati rice. My cravings for carbs went away within the first week of starting Atkins—I followed Induction to the letter—and they've never returned.

Here's some to help you through.
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 05:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 251.4/see ticker/155

Height: 5'9"

Yes, once you get past your first week of strict induction, you will be fine.
BabyPhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 02:12 PM   #4  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

I noticed you said "so I can work harder to not eat them." Does this mean you are giving in to your carb cravings ~ you know, cheating a little here and there? If not, GREAT! The cravings will go away when you get all the sugar out of your system.

However, if you are cheating a little while waiting for the carb cravings to go away, that is self-defeating. You are only prolonging your agony. If you are cheating, STOP! Soon as you get those rat-nasty carbs out of your system you won't have the cravings anymore. I promise. We have all been there ~ induction is a fabulous thing! Let it work for you!

If you feel like you HAVE to have a carb, get outta there! Move around! Go get busy doing something else. And remember, it will pass!

Good luck!! You can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 284/207/165

Height: 5 ft 3

I'm seconding DC Hound, if you're eating a bite of a bun, or a little pinch of crust or bread, stop. It will drive you insane! After about a week on Atkins, you will find that you can walk past bread, candy, potatoes, cakes, and not blink. But you have to stick with it.

And it's so worth it to be able to go to lunch, have an entire basket of yeast rolls in front of you, and not drool. After a while, you just *don't* eat them. It's not about self-denial, it's just not on the radar.
pengbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 02:01 PM   #6  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pengbear View Post
And it's so worth it to be able to go to lunch, have an entire basket of yeast rolls in front of you, and not drool. After a while, you just *don't* eat them. It's not about self-denial, it's just not on the radar.
You are so right! I make all the meals in our house, and it hasn't bothered me one bit to cook up pasta, rice, and even bake fresh breads and cookies for hubby.

I don't look at any of it thinking I'm not allowed to touch that sort of thing, it just doesn't occur to me that it's food I'd eat. Sounds too good to be true to someone who's struggled with binges and cravings all her life (me!), but the Atkins WOE has taken me to a place where I decide what and when to eat. There's none of that [all too familiar] dreaming of the next meal before finishing the one I'm on. It feels good!
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 09:09 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 284/207/165

Height: 5 ft 3

I love Atkins and the only thing I can pinpoint is the loss of cravings. When I tried Weight Watchers and did the points system, I did lose weight as long as as I did my points, but I can't have just a little piece of cake. Or a sandwich. The cravings drive me to binge. If I knew how to eat in moderation, weight wouldn't be an issue. So for me, abstinence is the answer. And I pretty much know all the carbs for what i eat, so I don't have to constantly hunt up points or fat grams or calories.
pengbear is offline   Reply With Quote