Old 02-16-2009, 04:07 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 226/215/175

Height: 5'7"

thank you, I will try to wean myself off. makes sense- i still have bad carb cravings.
Willow324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 02:31 PM   #17  
low carber

S/C/G: 130/114/98

Height: 5'2"

I'm jumping in too. I started Atkins last week for three days but I had a guest over the weekend and had wine so I'm re-starting. I'm on day 3 again and experiencing the headaches (and fatigue). I know with fasting the headaches and fatigue go away after the third day but I was wondering if I'm even doing this right. I haven't hit ketosis yet and am wondering if my ketostix will even register on this diet (like I know they do while fasting).

Yesterday:

fritatta with leeks, peppers, salmon, feta

2-3 cups of earl grey tea, small amount of splenda

a few slices of pastrami with one slice swiss

office party - a less than 1g carb hot dog, broccoli

zucchini with mozzerella

langostino lobster tails with small pat of butter and salad with 1g carb dressing

handful of pork rinds

also had about 2L water throughout the day. re: caffiene, some days I have just one cup of earl grey and have a cup of broth in place of the others. (it's cold here).
sucralose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 11:42 AM   #18  

Hi everyone,

I also started induction 3 days ago and i can honestly say i have never felt better. It is such a nice feeling not being bloated all the time and only eating when im hungry instead of eating everything in sight like i used to. I have lost 7lbs in 3 days and i can see a notable diffference. Igo the gym 6 days a week and do 45 mins of cardio and light weights so i think this also contributes to the weight loss. Its proof that the Atkins diet and exercise go hand in hand.

x
JessicaRabbit007 is offline   Reply With Quote