Old 08-25-2008, 02:13 PM   #1  
I will do this.

Default 4th day commitment....

I will not go to wendy's and get a cheeseburger (no bun) today.

I have been doing that for three days straight I am damn sure that's not Dr. Atkins wanted us to do - that's just the easy way out.

To make this a lifestyle - I must commit to cooking my lunches. I have been doing great with breakfasts and dinners (I think my boyfriend has fall in love with me all over again because I have been serving eggs, bacon, lamb, cornish game hen...etc)

But if this is going to be a lifestyle I need to leave the fast food for emergencies.

I also will eat veggies through out the day so it won't spike my blood sugar at night when I usually have been eating them all.

I will also listen to my body and hear when it's full. This is hard though because my body doesn't know what "happy and full" is. It only knows starving and OMG I AM SO FULL. So this will take practice - I am sure my body is in pure shock when I feed it bacon and needs time to adjust...like "ok...alright....I am not gonna starve....I dig this" and begin to love me again.

Have any of you felt like that? Like your body needed to adjust to feeling full and happy instead of two extremes?

-Taylor
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 09:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5" / Low Carb WOE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor86 View Post
Have any of you felt like that? Like your body needed to adjust to feeling full and happy instead of two extremes?
That was me in the beginning. Starving or stuffed. After a few weeks of being low carb though I had to start reminding myself to eat (sometimes).

Now, it seems like I'm hungry more than I was on Induction but I don't reach the 'starving' stage and I don't 'eat til I'm stuffed' either. Although sometimes since I quit smoking I have to get up and move the nuts to another room in the house so I don't mindlessly snack.
snapless is offline   Reply With Quote