Old 06-27-2008, 10:14 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 182/176/144

Height: 5'4"

Two dessert classes, no cheats!
5# down.
Can't wait to have to take clothing in, use a belt and be able to tuck in a shirt!
My main motivation to the no cheat clause is as it's induction week, I am eating lots of fatty foods that will push up my cholesterol with too many carbs. With heart disease being a big problem for chicks, I want to be as careful as possible.

Thanks for the ideas and the chat!!!!
Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 10:39 AM   #17  

May I ask a question? Do we just praise everyone no matter the mistakes they seem to be making or do we offer advise to point out where they might be missing the rules of Atkins?

I don't want to just say "Well done!" when someone is saying they are eating incorrectly.

Squid says 4 days on Atkins and looking forward to introducing veggies to her diet........she should be eating 12 to 15 grams of carbs from veggies everyday on induction. So if she has the list of allowable foods she would be eating more veggies right now than she's probably eatin in years. Are we allowed to point these things out and support people with real information or should I just keep quiet and let these things go by?
Timlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 01:40 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 200/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5" / Low Carb WOE

I'm pretty new to these forums myself, but personal opinion is : if someone is saying or doing something you don't believe is correct, ask them nicely about it first. Make sure you really understand the situation before jumping to conclusions. Then ask them about the situation, but don't attack them.
snapless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 02:50 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 182/176/144

Height: 5'4"

Oh snap, you don't even know me.

Yes I am eating veggies, salad, and allowed foods. This induction is less veggies than I am used to.
I would like more, have to wait until induction is over.

And you are.....
Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:02 PM   #20  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squid View Post
I am eating lots of fatty foods that will push up my cholesterol with too many carbs. With heart disease being a big problem for chicks, I want to be as careful as possible.
Hi Squid,

If you haven't already done so, you might want to read a book called Good Calories Bad Calories by Gary Taubes. Its very thorough on explaining the myth between cholesterol & heart disease

All the best to you!!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:29 PM   #21  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timlin View Post
May I ask a question? Do we just praise everyone no matter the mistakes they seem to be making or do we offer advise to point out where they might be missing the rules of Atkins?

I don't want to just say "Well done!" when someone is saying they are eating incorrectly.

Squid says 4 days on Atkins and looking forward to introducing veggies to her diet........she should be eating 12 to 15 grams of carbs from veggies everyday on induction. So if she has the list of allowable foods she would be eating more veggies right now than she's probably eatin in years. Are we allowed to point these things out and support people with real information or should I just keep quiet and let these things go by?

timlin! GREAT JOB on just jumping right in here to the Super Motivational and Informative Atkins Chat!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:32 PM   #22  
aud
lc lifestyle

HiYA aNGELS!

I've been nite=shift-whacked this week but now off until JULY 14 vacay/shutdown!!!!

I'm a fluid retaining MONSTER still . . . off to the Doc right now - I'll be back later but just wanted to pop by . . . GREAT to see all the new Posters!
Old 06-27-2008, 04:20 PM   #23  

Hi Squid......I'm nobody just new to the board and didn't know if it was permissable to say anything but praise......no one seemed to twig when you said "4th day on Atkins and I can't wait to introduce veggies to my meals." I see now that it says "more than what's there now".......but I must have misread it because I only saw....can't wait to introduce veggies to my meals....

I hope I am always polite and I think in all my years on the net I have never flamed anyone.....I'm thin skinned so I try never to hurt anyone elses feelings but if you were not eating veggies (which I see you actually were) I would have wanted to direct you to being sure you did eat a ton of veggies.

I cannot imagine anyone who always ate MORE veggies than what we eat on induction......I can't keep enough in the house. We finally bought another fridge because we live too far from town to be running in every 3 days for more veggies. I'm in awe of you! More veggies is amazing......way to go!

You will be such a success at this program if you enjoy veggies that much.
Timlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 06:02 PM   #24  
It's my time to shine...

S/C/G: 234/225/145

Height: 5'5"

Hello y'all! I just wanted to swing through and say hello and all! I'm doing fantastic today! I did call my doctor this morning though, due to the speedy weight-loss and all. He said that as long as I feel okay though, I should be just fine! I did go buy some multi-vitamins/minerals today that have no iron (hard to find, had to buy the ones for seniors). The pharmacy tech said they would be okay for me though! Anyhow, I just wanted to drop in and say hi. I've lost 16 pounds so far and am extremely happy, if you can't tell!

I hope everyone else is doing wonderful as well!

Last edited by RissaIsAFatty; 06-27-2008 at 06:02 PM.
RissaIsAFatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 04:36 PM   #25  
aud
lc lifestyle

OHHHHH Kim in New Jerssssseeeeeeeeeyyyyyy . . . Come Out Come Out Wherever You Arrrrrrrrreeee!!!!!!

Heyyya Angels!! Ahhhhh, starting 2 week shutdown/vacay! Have slept for about 20 hours (not consecutively) got my 3fc fix and a protein shake under my nite shift belt!

Raised my tickie to my highest weight ever . . . yeah it was all fluid, but weight none the less . . . now back at my previous highest weight ever of 248 . . . taking fluid pills more religiously now so more should be coming off. Also got my Atkins Groove firmly back on - should help in all areas - medical and otherwise.

HAPPY SATURDAY ANGELS!
Old 06-28-2008, 05:28 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 124kg(272)/94kg(209)/70kg(154

...giggling to myself......

I could certainly eat more veggies if my carbs allowed it. I'm currently sticking to 20-25 net carbs per day and too much brocolli or cauliflower or other totally induction-acceptable veggies pushes me past that limit.

However, I also 'use' 6 carbs per day drinking a 1/2 cup of whole milk in my cappo. I'll give up my nuts and my wine and most cheese but don't take away my one cappo per day! PULEASE!

(still giggling....at myself)

So, I'm well and truly back into the groove and have dropped the 2 pounds I came back from holiday with. I'm amazed at how stiff I was after 3 hard workouts - but then, because of that surgery and vacation I hadn't worked out for about 3 weeks so guess it's probably to be expected. My 49 year old hips were REALLY aching!

Glad you're back in the groove Aud. Enjoy your 2 weeks.

I agree Snap....niceness is good.

Timlin....I think most everyone is open to suggestion - especially if they ask for it. Sometimes people just need to vent. Sometimes people aren't ready to hear. Sometimes we mis-interpret what is written. So many variables that it's hard to give a definitive answer to your question. If you inadvertently step on toes, it will usually be brought to your attention.

Off to make brekkie.....am very peckish this morning!
KrisR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 02:32 PM   #27  
aud
lc lifestyle

Good to cya Kris! You've really been thru it lately!

Imbibed with a few frosty BudLights at a buddys fireworks show last nite (they were awesome!) - feel like a warmed over pile of . . . . ummm, PROCESSED SUGAR today as a result!

How's your Sunday going Angels?
Old 06-29-2008, 06:56 PM   #28  
It's my time to shine...

S/C/G: 234/225/145

Hey all... I'm working on my day 7 and doing really good so far. I'm proud of myself. I have come to a halt and even back-tracked a pound or two over the last day or two, but I'm thinking Aunt Flow is to blame. Anyhow, other than that, all is well. Found a new combo for my dinner that works really well! Still staying under 20 carbs a day for about another week. I think I'm actually around 10-15 right now, but it's still good! Anyways, ttyl and I hope all is well with everyone!
RissaIsAFatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 08:01 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 200/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5" / Low Carb WOE

Excellent to hear Rissa! Keep up the good work!

Hi Aud, yeah that's why I cut alcohol completely until my anniversary, and will set another minigoal to remove it again after that comes and goes.

On me, well, I'm kind of frustrated this morning. I stepped on the scales...and I know better. I should only be weighing myself every 7 to 10 days because otherwise (and I KNOW this!) I get frustrated with the slow loss. So I stepped on the scales and I hadn't lost anything in 4 days, even though I ache all over from exercise.

Anyway, I'm just going to make a pact with myself to not use the scales again for another 6 days. Period. And get ready for the gym this morning.
snapless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 09:14 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 124kg(272)/94kg(209)/70kg(154

I asked Mr. W to hide the scale for the next month. I'm 3+ months into a stall and I'm just tired of dealing with it. I'm dropping back to a monthly weigh-in and will just continue to focus on doing what I set out to do for my 9 week challenge.

Since the beginning of the year, I've lost an average of a pound a week so it's not horrible when you look at it that way, but that was lost over the first 3 months and nothing since. I'm not giving up though.....the lost poundage is good and I feel great and I do enjoy my new fitness-based life and my WOE is not a hardship. The only thing is.....the frickin' scale is not moving! I'll deal with it though.......grudgingly.
KrisR is offline   Reply With Quote