Old 02-28-2008, 10:34 AM   #16  
banned

S/C/G: 185/165/150

Height: 5'9 - 40 and fabulous!

Yeah...I've heard Almond milk is good, but I've never been able to find it at my local Walmart...so I just use soy unsweetened. Key here Sara...is that regular milk is a no-no..but if you are craving milk...there are other replacements that both taste good and are good for you!

Don't know if your like me...but I don't typically like (or feel you have to) live life denying yourself everything you love/crave. Our bodies typically crave foods because of nutritional deficits...so, make sure you're taking a multi-vitamin and when those cravings or wants hit you...just find low-carb replacements that will satisfy you! There's sooo much info out there...if you disect every little facet of food...you'll be afraid to eat anything! Moderation, exercise and listening to your body is the true key to success on any weight loss plan! Just watch your carb counts and you'll be just fine! Joyce
bambifox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 10:46 AM   #17  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

I couldn't agree more Joyce I've found sticking with real, unprocessed foods, and avoiding all the crap...has worked superbly for me for almost 4 years now!!!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 10:58 AM   #18  
Cookie??!?!!

S/C/G: 145/143/120

Height: 5'4

Thanks Ill go buy some Almond Milk today
Sarae878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 11:05 AM   #19  
banned

S/C/G: 185/165/150

Height: 5'9 - 40 and fabulous!

BTW, Jillybean - I made those egg muffins this morning for me and my BF...what a hit they were! I made it with crumbled sausage, cheese, and spinach...great...I put the rest in the freezer as you suggested. Thanks. Joyce

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
For breakfasts, you can make little egg quiche thingies in muffin tins. It's basically a little muffin-size omelette. I made mine with turkey sausage, chopped bacon, cheese, chopped spinach, onion, and egg. When they were done cooking, I divided them up into 2 per plastic baggy and tossed them in the freezer. Each morning, I take out a baggy, microwave the egg cups for 2 minutes, and voila! quick and easy homemade breakfast. I don't have time for cooking much during the week, so I plan ahead by cooking them on the weekends

Also, if you need milk, I highly suggest seeing if you can find unsweetend almond milk. I bought both unsweetened almond and unsweeteneted soy milks, and the soy is quite gross, IMO, but the almond is great! Plus, the unsweetened soy has 4g total carbs and 1g fiber (so 3 net carbs), and the almond has 2g total carbs and 1g fiber (so 1 net carb). The almond also has half the calories of the soy. This is all per 8 oz serving. Just another suggestion for your milk craving
bambifox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 11:11 AM   #20  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarae878 View Post
Thanks Ill go buy some Almond Milk today
Be sure to read labels and make sure it says UNSWEETENED....otherwise it can contain corn syrup or brown rice syrup.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 11:43 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 218/191/135

Height: 5'5

Cool

Hi Everyone - not sure if anyone will respond since the last date of correspondence looks like a year ago! I am currently doing Chalean xtreme with turbo jam but more importantly, as a former division 1 athlete I am learning how to re-train myself. Thanks for the feedback and support ... i lost my way but now I am back. For feedback : do you feel it is ok to have the same thing every day? Are you taking in 1200 calories? For example, planning out your breakfasts and lunches to be the same everyday? It has sort of worked for me at times...nice to meet you folks!
Elmer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:43 AM   #22  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGyrl View Post
Atkins 72 is the original version. There are many people that follow this plan. Personally, I follow Atkins 2002.

Induction on the Atkins 2002 plan is for 2 weeks...however, you can stay on it longer as long as you aren't bored with the foods. Moving on to OWL (On Going Weight Loss) allows you more foods and it allows you to establish your threshold level of carbs that will allow you to continue to lose weight.
Hello....i'm going to ask you this as i know you are a pro with Atkins....i'm currently on Ideal Protein and doing quite well....but the cost is killing me. I'm thinking of switching to Atkins but afraid to gain some of the weight back?? do you think this will happen as Ideal protein is quite low in calories.
meandmax is offline   Reply With Quote