Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2001, 07:34 PM   #1  

Default I finally bit the bullett....

I am a WW lifetimer who has fallen way off the wagon. Almost 2 years ago, I started officing from home and the weight started to creep back on. In December my beloved hubby passed away on Christmas Eve, and things have definately been down hill from there.

Last month I was able to switch positions within the company and now am out and about. However, I am now about 60 pounds over my goal.

SOOOOOO, tonight after work, I took my big butt back to WW. The meeting has a great leader who I really like and I am glad I did it. I am sure I will be back here for LOTS of support. It's a battle, but definately worth it.

Look forward to meeting everyone.
Old 10-05-2001, 10:31 AM   #2  

Hello Beacon, First let me tell you how sorry I am for your loss of yur husband.I speak from experience that the loss of a family member is one of the hardest things to overcome but reading on in your post you are on your way and applaud you for going back to ww. The people here are wonderful I find more ideas and support than I have ever received at my meetings. I am not saying don't attend meetings but saying we are all here for you and welcome. Let us hear more from you, Patti
Old 10-05-2001, 11:18 AM   #3  

Welcome Beacon. My sincerest sympathy on the loss of your dear husband. You are doing the right thing by going back to the meetings. And of course these sites are very helpful to all of us. The very best of success to you.
Old 10-05-2001, 07:06 PM   #4  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Angry

Beacon,
I'm sending you hugs and pats. Hugs for your sad loss, and pats for your determination to do the right thing for yourself.
Way to go!
234/thinner
Old 10-05-2001, 10:16 PM   #5  

Welcome Beacon --

<<<<Hugs>>>> to you and my deepest sympathies on the loss of your dear husband and in the next breath, congratulations on making the big decision to come back into the fold. I know it was hard. These sites are a great compliment to the weekly meetings which I feel are one of the things that kept me on track during my weight loss journey.

I'm sort of in your boat with going off after lifetime. Different life distractions occurring shortly after obtaining my status saw my weight creeping back up (have been lifetime for exactly 1 year now). Luckily, I had a great former leader who contacted me a couple of weeks ago and the two of us have been supporting each other in getting back to goal. After 8 weeks, I am now within 3 lbs of getting back there (after being 18 over) and am finding that it's just as easy as it was at the beginning. You should see no problems in once again getting back into the program and seeing the pounds fall off. Keep it tuned in here for all kinds of help to support your weekly weigh-ins.

Welcome again,
Karen
Old 10-07-2001, 09:53 AM   #6  

Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement. I have done pretty well thus far and want the weekend to be over....hard emotionally which leads to eating.

Anyway, it looks like there are a lot of interesting groups here. Can anyone suggest a good group to jump in with? I did e-diets for a while and just couldn't seem to hook up with a group where I had much in common.

Thanks again to all...
Beacon
Old 10-11-2001, 01:39 PM   #7  

Beacon,

I am also so sorry to hear of the loss of your husband.

I too did this back in Aug/Sept. of 1999, and re-gained my weight. I also have 60 pounds to lose (again).

It really is different for me this time.... what I realize now that I didn't deal with at the time .. is I have a binge eating disorder... so I've been working on recovery from that AND doing WW to get the weight off.

Two years ago.. I just thought if I lost the weight... I would just automatically stay with the program... but now I realize I have deeper issues that need constant housekeeping.

Elaine
Old 10-13-2001, 10:54 AM   #8  

Hello everyone.

I am glad to see some postings. I really like this site, and am sorry that it has slowed down so much in the last few months. I mostly lurk, and have benefitted a lot from others posts. I have gotten a lot from your posts, Elaine. It is a lot harder to post then to just read what others post.

I have struggled with my weight all my life. I thought I kind of had in under control for a while; but have had some things to deal with in the last year or two; and find myself back at my all time high; with 50 lbs. to lose. Can't believe it

Elaine, I also think I have eating disorder issues. But also, I just have to face the fact that I love food; and that I really need to discipline myself at all times. I can't just eat naturally, because I have no idea what that is.

Back to WW, this am was first weigh-in; and it was down ; 3 down, 47 to go. I want to make it, and stay there.

We can do it.
Old 10-15-2001, 02:11 PM   #9  

Hi Pat!

Thanks for your nice words! And you are right, overeating does not mean you have an eating disorder, necessarily. Eating disorders are addictions.. but I won't go into that here.

Congrats on your loss... I also have 60 pounds to lose

I weigh in on Thursday PM..

Best,
Elaine
Old 10-24-2001, 01:24 PM   #10  

Dear Beacon

You (and all you others out there) deserve major congrats for taking the jump and going for it. And I know how tough it may be for you right now - not only with your loss, but on any number of different fronts.

You mentioned wondering what would be a good group and I'm wondering if you interested in finding a Thread / Posting to call "home". There's a Lifetimer / Maintenance thread that a number of us use that's just great. Some of us are maintaining and some have put on a good number of pounds to lose again. We check in - when we feel like it - but have the option to post daily what we've eaten for the day, what's going on for the week, and even have given ourselves a Weekly Challenge with some motivational / inspirational thread to keep us focused. Why not check it out?

Patch
Old 10-24-2001, 05:44 PM   #11  

Beacon and Wormtown, we'd love to have you in our group, "50 or more" under WW Other Clubs and Groups. We have been around for over a year and a half, during which time two of us have made lifetime (but continue to post because we've all become so close). We encourage each other, and discuss weight loss issues, but also talk about ordinary day-to-day stuff, and how we're coping with challenges. I know everyone would be very glad to "meet" y'all, so check us out!
Regards,
Jan
Old 11-06-2001, 09:50 AM   #12  

Hi Gang! I'm a lifer (who's gained it all back plus). And have approx. 60 lbs. to lose, and my son is getting married next July, so I have "bitten the bullet" too and am going to weigh in at my local WW meeting this aft., and hopefully with the new leader, will shed this weight.

60 lbs. is a big bite (mentally, as well as physically), so I'll think of it at 6 - 10 lb. losses, that's a little more realistic to my head...and not quite sooooo overwhelming. If I leave it til after Xmas and New Year's, I'll be up more for sure - so today's the day....

Glad I found you guys.

I lost my husband when I was 42, with a 7 and 9 yr. old, it took me almost 2 yrs. to get back "to feeling normal" again.....loss isn't easy - and in my case, it was an extremely sudden loss.

We are all in this together, let's do it this time....one lb. at a time.

Kermit
Old 11-08-2001, 07:15 AM   #13  

Hi Kermit, good to see that you are taking advantage of the forums. I love it here. There is so much inspiration and motivation. In fact, coming in here has helped me get re-motivated. I will be going to a ww next Monday. I am eager to find out how much I weigh. Several months ago I was weighing 188 lbs. I think I may have lost 5 or so pounds since school has started and by the time I weigh in I will have been counting points for a week. I am really hoping to weigh under 180, That would leave me needing to lose 60 lbs. Something we all seem to have in common!!!

Beacon and Kermit, I feel for both of you. I have a friend who is 38 she just lost her husband the week after fathers day. She has a 2 year old and an 8 year old. I don't know how she keeps going, I guess she just has a hugh amount of faith in GOD.

Good luck to all of you. Kermit I'll see you in the chatroom.

Ruth
Closed Thread