Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 04:58 PM   #1  
One Martini at a Time...

Default Wendie Plan Followers...Come on Over! PART DEUX

Bobbie, good call on the new thread so here it is since I'm online doing my xmas shopping anyway...

DIVA DIVA DIVA! Yeahhh baybeeee

And congrats on the loss on your first weight in WaterDIVA

We had our holiday party last night and I was pretty good. The food sucked so that helped! Today I'm being lazy because I didn't sleep well but I think I'll give my Netflixed Tae Bo a shot if I get my energy up.

Hope you're all having a great weekend!

The Brat
Old 12-02-2006, 06:09 PM   #2  

I've made an early New Year's resolution to go out to NO holiday parties this year--we always have people in throughout the season, and this will be our 26th annual New Year's party with a core group of friends at our place; if I attend ONLY my own hosted events, I will suffer far fewer temptations, I think (hope?)--well, it's a plan, and I won't be missing much so many of the people I will miss at those other events I will see at my own, anyway!

Isn't it remarkable how getting up and getting going really does energize us? I know that when I didn't move much at all, I always thought that I couldn't--would not be able to handle being wiped out afterwards. Finally, in my old age, I have learned that the experts really do know what they're talking about. Silly me! LOL

Back to my one glass of wine for the day, and maybe a movie with the DH...have a great night, all!
Old 12-02-2006, 07:22 PM   #3  
Viva la vida loca!

S/C/G: 360/329/297 (second 10%)

Height: 5'6"

I hoist my glass of merlot to all of us! BRAVA!!!

I know we were all giggling on the other thread at those old WW recipe cards, but the ones I have are actually pretty good for the most part. I've made a bunch of dishes from those cards and have yet to be disappointed.

'Course, some of them I know I'll NEVER make, ewww....

Since my WI is in the morning on a weekend, I thought I'd make that day my SHP day.

Is that a dumb idea? You all have more experience than I with the Wendie Plan.

More later!
Old 12-03-2006, 06:08 PM   #4  

How are we all doing as Sunday winds down? I've had a pretty good and productive weekend--lots of organization around the house in anticipation of the next round of holidays. My eating is OP, but I keep forgetting to take a slug of water! That's not like me, so I wonder what's with THAT? Reminds me--better go fill the glass again! Good luck to all as we head into another week. Cheers; Bobbie
Old 12-04-2006, 11:30 AM   #5  
Starting Over (again)

S/C/G: 229/183/145

Height: 5'8"

Mornin' guys. WI sucked, but I am doing great so far this week. Will follow points, and work out all week.Water baby, I WI on Sat. so I make that my SHP day, it seems to work. I have had a really hard time sticking to the WP with the holidays and all, so I think I just may follow a little more losely than I should and only go over points on like Tue. or Wed., just to keep my body confused.
Old 12-04-2006, 04:22 PM   #6  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Afternoon ladies! How yall doing? I'm doing okay, just a little stressed as always.
Old 12-04-2006, 04:50 PM   #7  
Starting Over (again)

Hey, JasonsLea, I wanted to ask you how the interview went? I'm sure you did great!
Old 12-05-2006, 03:49 PM   #8  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

No interviews yet Shellie but I did turn in my app for medical support assitant today. Now it's just time to play the waiting game....and believe me, the government LOVES to make you wait!

WI was today and I'm down 1.4 lb to 241.8
Old 12-05-2006, 04:27 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 236/185.7/160

Height: 5'8

Hey ladies...I know I haven't been around much, but I've been staying OP> Like everybody else, this time of the year is crazy for us

Anyhoo....I am having mega PMS issues again. This happened 2 months ago. Then last month was super easy... I have no idea what's going on & neither does my doc. Hmmmm... I was certain I'd have a gain today cuz I am so bloated but it was -.8lbs. I was thrilled to have any loss....then it dawned on me I am only .2lbs from my offical WW 10% (not my start at home wt.)..... 2/10ths...ugh. The lady even said "Do you need to go to the bathroom??? Do you have any clothing or jewelry you can take off??" Nope..nada...so here's to hoping that my 'issues' will resolve themselves by next week so I can get that bloddy keychain
Old 12-05-2006, 04:49 PM   #10  

Ok--are you ready? After last week's fiasco of GAINING 2.8 even though I was SOOOOO on program, I tweaked the thing a bit--I Wendied a low-carb approach. I know; if the WW police get wind of this, they may take my star away. But I did it, and I'm glad--no! PROUD...Ahem; at weigh in this afternoon, I was--ready?--down FOUR-POINT-FOUR POUNDS. That's right, you heard it right here: Bobbie is down in her fifth week almost the same amount she was down her FIRST week...Feels good, I gotta tell ya (like you couldn't guess from the obnoxious tone of this silly post, right?). And I did it full-out--that is, I didn't just do chicken breast, but also bacon and steak and butter and full-fat blue cheese dressing and chicken wings...And not a processed scrap passed my lips and I counted points, going high early in the week and down closer to the base yesterday and today.

I ain't sayin' this is my new WOE; I really do think, though, that my system needs to be startled/shook up/shocked on a pretty regular basis, and this may become a regular tweak for me. Stay tuned; we'll see what another week brings back on a leaner protein, balanced carb but still no processed crap Wendie approach...

Oh! and I almost forgot to mention: I only did cardio ONCE this past week! SHHH! Don't tell!
Old 12-05-2006, 05:27 PM   #11  
Starting Over (again)

Bobbie, that is sooo amazing!!! Yay!!!!!
Old 12-05-2006, 05:28 PM   #12  
One Martini at a Time...

Bobbie, umm not to burst your bubble cuz I know you love the WW police, but CORE is really a lot like That Other Low Carb Beach in Miami!

But HORRRRRRAY for you! I have been in the holiday zone recently and havent' been as dilligent about what is going in my mouth, but I have been exercising and trying to stop shovelling when I'm full.

Stacy - SO sorry about the PMS :-( I gained 4.6 the last PMS week I weight in. YUCKO!

JasonsLea - YAY on the loss! UGH good luck with the job front - I can't imagine having the patience to wait out the goverment process. I once applied for a city job in IT, and they didn't even call me back to say no thanks for six weeks! USELESS.

Off to chilly Long Island tomorrow - hopefully I'll be able to avoid some of the family foods that I know are high fat / high cal. I think I'll be able to hijack the kitchen at my Aunt's if I oh so helpful offer to cook, lol.

Shellie, that usually works. I don't do my SHD on WI day, but I do use it as a HD. I save my SHD's for weekends

Hope you are having a great Tuesday!

The Brat
Old 12-05-2006, 06:54 PM   #13  

'brat--yeah, I KNOW Core is very SBish, but I really seem to need some kinda hefty portions of FAT to get my metabolism goin'--and from what I've seen of Core and what I've heard of SB, beyond a teaspoon of EVOO here and a sprinkle of flaxseed there, there isn't nearly as much fat as I ate last week...But keep it on the DL, ya know? I love me some law and order types, but I don't need the scrutiny just now...;-}
Old 12-08-2006, 06:09 AM   #14  

Hey! Where is everybody? It's cold here, and snowy, and I really don't wanna hafta go out in it, so I thought I'd come in here instead for a minute and get a boost--Still avoiding the WW police, but feeling pretty confident about it since my doc authorized the approach at my semi-annual re-check on Wednesday...What are you all eating these days?
Old 12-08-2006, 10:39 AM   #15  
Starting Over (again)

Morning. WI tomorrow, a little nervous, because I tend to lose weight about every other week. Last week I gained, and this week I cheated and looked at the scale, which didn't show any loss. I have been really good, and working out almost every day, so seeing no change is a little upseting. Oh well, I don't think the scale at work is very accurate, so I will wait to pout until tomorrow.
Closed Thread