General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 11:33 AM   #1  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

Default Opinions please....lawn care etiquette

What time is reasonable to start lawn care on a Saturday morning, in your opinion?

My neighbor started at 7am today. It didn't bother me because I was already awake, but I thought of other neighbors who may want to sleep a bit longer. It was very noisy----weedeater and lawnmower.

I can understand trying to beat the heat---it is REALLY hot here, however, I do try to consider my neighbors and don't usually start till around 8:30 or 9am
Old 08-26-2006, 11:51 AM   #2  

IMHO 7:30 is a little too early. I think 8:00-8:30 would be early enough. I am an early riser but I still don't want the noise pollution that early.
Old 08-26-2006, 12:07 PM   #3  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I would think 8:00 am would be early enough, this is when we usually start ours. I try to be considerate of the neighbors, but I don't want to be out in the heat either.
Old 08-26-2006, 12:58 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 185/168/150

Height: 5'8

That is too early.Your town might even have a bylaw about what time is acceptable to do lawn work.
Old 08-26-2006, 02:16 PM   #5  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

I've always gone by work rules...as in construction. They are not supposed to start in a residential area until 7 a.m. during the week and 8 a.m. on the weekend although they have started earlier at times. I too think 7:30 is a wee bit early. I try to wait until 8:30 or 9'ish but I have a neighbor who does it at 8, which is fine. I am usually up and if I am so tired I want to sleep later it doesn't bother me at all.
Old 08-26-2006, 03:08 PM   #6  

We've got the opposite problem.... We go to bed around 8 often times (because we leave for work ridiculously early) and our neighbor (with 5 acres) ALWAYS starts mowing right around 7:30pm... ya know, when it gets cool outside and is still daylight.

HOW DARE HE!!!

***really though, it sucks when you're trying to sleep & he KNOWS my BF leaves for work around !1:30-2 am because I'm quite sure he hears his dump truck start up.

LOL

I'd think waiting til at least 8am would be appropriate, 7 is a bit early for the average person... plus the dew is still on the grass & it's not good for the mower to mow wet grass!
Old 08-26-2006, 06:33 PM   #7  
mom2cole

You should check with your city because they should have some sort of noise ordinance. I believe 8am is about the time you can start making tons of noise. My mom does yard care for a living and she usually waits until 8am to start mowing. She would like to start earlier but doesn't want to irrate anyone.
Closed Thread